Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

9 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's the only stat you seem to be trying to desperately hang your hat onto.  I like how you IG ored my lost the other day though of how Hurts was mroe effective and the team more effective with Hurts in. 

That is the stat that matters most in the NFL.  If you can’t score points, you can’t win games.  @ me on your post that I missed.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Swoop said:

That's true, he did. He's also made plays Hurts will never dream of making. Hurts has also fumbled almost as many times as Wentz in 8 less games. Hurts also had a dogshit completion percentage.

And this is not to say Wentz is without issue. It's more so to suggest that Hurts blows and will never be a franchise QB.

Whether he can be a franchise QB or not remains to be seen but what is clear is that right now he is a better option than Wentz. Wentz has become a God awful horrible QB. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

That is the stat that matters most in the NFL.  If you can’t score points, you can’t win games.  @ me on your post that I missed.

Except for the fact that, you know, Eagles scored more points as a team with Hurts in at QB. 

Here is the post:

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Except for the fact that, you know, Eagles scored more points as a team with Hurts in at QB. 

Here is the post:

I will look at the particular points of that post on my lunch break.  How many wins did those stats and points lead to ??

Why did the defense fold like a house of cards against the Cowboys if the team got such a spark from Hurts ??

You can post all the stats you want, team scored on 2 of 22 second half possessions, and one was a short field after a turnover.

One read running QB's are easy to figure out, and it was proven in every game NFL defensive coordinators are going to be able to easily adjust and shut Hurts done.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I will look at the particular points of that post on my lunch break.  How many wins did those stats and points lead to ??

Why did the defense fold like a house of cards against the Cowboys if the team got such a spark from Hurts ??

You can post all the stats you want, team scored on 2 of 22 second half possessions, and one was a short field after a turnover.

One read running QB's are easy to figure out, and it was proven in every game NFL defensive coordinators are going to be able to easily adjust and shut Hurts done.

It's hilarious how you have this completely random second half stat that you now desperately cling to as "the stat that matters most in the NFL".  Hurts was a second round rookie who got no benefit of a preseason and he still outplayed a 5 year veteran. Wentz is God awful.  Hurts might not be the Ling term answer but there is very little doubt at this point that he presents a much better option than Wentz especially when we can very realistically expect him to take a step forward in his development in year two meanwhile there is no reasonable expectation for Wentz to turn it around when he showed no signs of that at all this past season. 

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's hilarious how you have this completely random second half stat that you now desperately cling to as "the stat that matters most in the NFL".

You win games in the NFL by scoring points.  I can point out Dak Prescott's HOF stats compared to Hurts before he was injured, but they did not lead to many wins.

You can try and dismiss it as random, but it is a fact.  Jalen Hurts was the QB for 22 second half drives as the Eagles starting QB, and only scored points on 2 of those drives.  

I guess if Eagles opponents stop scoring after half time, Jalen Hurts is the answer at QB.

I said this before, but if you put aside Wentz or any other QB and potential controversy and just look at Hurts himself, there's a lot of promise there.  If they had no real answer at QB and drafted Hurts and he was a day 1 rookie starter and performed the way he did, there would be optimism for the good things we saw, with criticism of the negatives and things to work on.  Like with any rookie QB.  It's too early to say he sucks or he's great.  

I like his strong work ethic, and from what his coaches and teammates say about him and what he's said in press conferences he really seems to be a hard worker dedicated to improving.

He was thrown into a tough situation, and the O line had him running for his life.  Thankfully his running ability helped him.  He did have his fumbles and bad throws but also some really impressive throws and even some in the pocket despite the idea of him being a RB playing QB.  

With a new coaching staff and offense, and improved O line play this year (hopefully) then we will see how he does.  Sirianni talks about catering the offense to suit the QBs skills.  Should he be the starter this year, he'll be in year 2 learning a new offense. And might still not have the normal offseason due to COVID.  So I would expect a learning curve and really the whole team will be learning the new playbook.  

For me, I didn't see anything that makes me say no way, he's a terrible QB and not the answer.  But I didn't see enough to say he's a long-term answer either, but enough potential to work with.  If they do trade Carson, cap-wise it makes sense to roll with Hurts on a rookie deal to really evaluate him.  

39 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You win games in the NFL by scoring points.  I can point out Dak Prescott's HOF stats compared to Hurts before he was injured, but they did not lead to many wins.

You can try and dismiss it as random, but it is a fact.  Jalen Hurts was the QB for 22 second half drives as the Eagles starting QB, and only scored points on 2 of those drives.  

I guess if Eagles opponents stop scoring after half time, Jalen Hurts is the answer at QB.

You win games by scoring points and the Eagles were averaging more points per game with Hurts than Wentz. 

I guess Wentz going 3 and out every drive for most of the first halfs as teams build up leads is the winning formula. 

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You win games by scoring points and the Eagles were averaging more points per game with Hurts than Wentz. 

I guess Wentz going 3 and out every drive for most of the first halfs as teams build up leads is the winning formula. 

Why do you keep bringing up Wentz.  We are talking about Jalen Hurts.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why do you keep bringing up Wentz.  We are talking about Jalen Hurts.

Because they are both QBs on this roster and Hurts is the better option for this team in 2021. 

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think that's slightly overblown though. I think Hurts is a more accurate QB than Wentz. He's got better touch. His completion % was in large part due to throwing the ball away and being smarter in those situations. 

Dude his completion % was a 48% that is absolutely dreadful you don't get that low from a few throw aways a game.  

He was a 35% completion against Washington. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Dude his completion % was a 48% that is absolutely dreadful you don't get that low from a few throw aways a game.  

Mcnabb's was 49% his rookie year.  

27 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Mcnabb's was 49% his rookie year.  

I'm not saying it can't improve just saying it's a bit early to claim his accuracy is already better then Wentz if it weren't for some throw aways. 

45 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not saying it can't improve just saying it's a bit early to claim his accuracy is already better then Wentz if it weren't for some throw aways. 

Washer.

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

A few throw aways? He had a lot of throw aways from what I can remember. Would be interesting to know the exact number.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A few throw aways? He had a lot of throw aways from what I can remember. Would be interesting to know the exact number.

He spent a lot of that time running for his life behind that line. The Washington game he didn’t play well, and he was clearly under duress the time he was out there. Even still he kept moving the football and putting the team in position to score. The Eagles were so concerned that he would win that game they pulled him. It will be interesting to see how he can perform with a full season, but he’s already under the eight ball, because he doesn’t even have a full season under his belt and he’s already learning a new offense. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

He spent a lot of that time running for his life behind that line. The Washington game he didn’t play well, and he was clearly under duress the time he was out there. Even still he kept moving the football and putting the team in position to score. The Eagles were so concerned that he would win that game they pulled him. It will be interesting to see how he can perform with a full season, but he’s already under the eight ball, because he doesn’t even have a full season under his belt and he’s already learning a new offense. 

Making excuses already?

2 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Making excuses already?

Nope. If he flames out I’ll call it. I’m already concerned with how much he fumbles and how many turnovers he’s had as a whole. No sacred cows for me unlike the Wentzamanicas. 

2 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Making excuses already?

Hurts was running for his life but Wentz just sucks...................it's hilarious 

2 minutes ago, greend said:

Hurts was running for his life but Wentz just sucks...................it's hilarious 

Hurts plays 4 games he sucks, but Wentz 12 games into the decline of his fifth season nothing wrong here. Yeah it is hilarious. 

15 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is this a real opinion or are you trolling? 

How could anyone look at the four games Hurts played and come away with the conclusion he is a bad QB??? Are you blind?

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It’s well too soon to proclaim he’s anything either way. 

8 minutes ago, Infam said:

Is this a real opinion or are you trolling? 

How could anyone look at the four games Hurts played and come away with the conclusion he is a bad QB??? Are you blind?

Wasn't the argument at all. 

Archived