Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Just now, downundermike said:

I fully understand that.  It is mismanagement, it is coming back to haunt them, and it is not going away.

Once you add the cap hits for the rookie draft class next year, they have 10 million in cap space with 49 players under contract.  Well actually 47, maybe less, as some of those cap numbers are dummy years.

Every year the same bull. Every single year the whining about the cap and how we just can't do anything and are screwed on the money.

I should prepare my answers in a text document so I can copy and paste it once a year.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, downundermike said:

I fully understand that.  It is mismanagement, it is coming back to haunt them, and it is not going away.

Once you add the cap hits for the rookie draft class next year, they have 10 million in cap space with 49 players under contract.  Well actually 47, maybe less, as some of those cap numbers are dummy years.

I’m not arguing against that mismanagement. Many of us have been saying this is all going to eventually catch up to them. They’re the worst team with the biggest cap issues. That’s not cause Howie’s been doing a great job. On top of that his drafts have been terrible. 

8 minutes ago, Infam said:

Every year the same bull. Every single year the whining about the cap and how we just can't do anything and are screwed on the money.

I should prepare my answers in a text document so I can copy and paste it once a year.

We are screwed this year.  We have holes all over the roster, and no money to get in on any big time free agents.

Just read 5 articles that the projected 2022 cap will be 205 million.  So all the cap space numbers I am giving you are accurate.

The Eagles have won one Super Bowl.  You know why, they hit on multiple free agent signings in the same offseason, now they will not have the money to do that.

I will circle back to you after the draft and the rest of the restructures hit the books, then maybe you will understand.  It is getting worse every year.

So the rumor that they were trying to get #3 to draft Wilson, rumors they might trade for Watson, rumors they might still take a QB at 12, and speculation they will draft a QB next year if Hurts isn't the guy...

...Let's see how Jalen responds. He seems like a real competitor. If he's QB1 this year the opportunity is wide open to prove himself. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

So the rumor that they were trying to get #3 to draft Wilson, rumors they might trade for Watson, rumors they might still take a QB at 12, and speculation they will draft a QB next year if Hurts isn't the guy...

...Let's see how Jalen responds. He seems like a real competitor. If he's QB1 this year the opportunity is wide open to prove himself. 

Though you can see during this situation why Carson may have been fed up. Sure I would have liked to see more fight from Carson but still it isn't great. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Though you can see during this situation why Carson may have been fed up. Sure I would have liked to see more fight from Carson but still it isn't great. 

Nah, I don't see it. If you blame his performance last year on the Hurts pick, Wentz sucks. If not he still sucked.

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

When the people around you say one thing but do another it can lead to distrust. It’s like when McNabb asked for weapons and they gave him Kevin Kolb. I don’t like what Wentz did, but I certainly understand why he did it. The problem for all of this is Howie. That guy needs to get shipped out of town. Now they’re basically doing the same crap to Hurts they did to Wentz. They might want Watson, but I highly doubt he wants them. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

When the people around you say one thing but do another it can lead to distrust. It’s like when McNabb asked for weapons and they gave him Kevin Kolb. I don’t like what Wentz did, but I certainly understand why he did it. The problem for all of this is Howie. That guy needs to get shipped out of town. Now they’re basically doing the same crap to Hurts they did to Wentz. They might want Watson, but I highly doubt he wants them. 

Couldn't agree with you more. The main issue is Howie and we've known that for some time now. Wentz was a part of the problem last year but its bigger than Wentz. It's bigger than Doug. 

Trading for Deshaun Watson would be the dumbest move in the history of the franchise, and there are a LOT of contenders. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Thoughts?

Seems like an outsider speculative take that is based on how he's reading those events, as opposed to an insider take based on knowledge gained from those inside the organization.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:45 AM, Fresh_Prince said:

Seems like an outsider speculative take that is based on how he's reading those events, as opposed to an insider take based on knowledge gained from those inside the organization.

I agree with you, but either way if you just look at what has transpired over the past two or three seasons one does have to ask what the heck are the Eagles even doing. 

Personally Hurts hasn't shown me enough growth in college or his short stint to make me believe he will be a high end NFL QB. But at this point it makes the most sense for the team to just roll with him to see if he can change. Watson looks to be facing some legal issues and I am not sure about his intangibles (leadership/maturity/coachability) and by the time the team is ready to content Wilson would be around 35-37 years old. Include the draft and monetary capital the team would have to spend on either of those guys and it would limit their ability to get quality players at other positions.

If the team had stayed at six, they could have gotten a high end playmaker for Hurts. At 12, they still could get a quality WR, but maybe not as unique as Chase or Pitts. They also run the risk of missing out on all four guys and rolling Hurts out with the same cast of WRs as last year's disastrous squad. Then would you really be getting a fair assessment of what Hurts can do?

Worst case scenario, Hurts turns out to be inconsistent and "eh". The team ends up with a mid-round draft pick. Then the team has to decide if next year's QBs are worth a bunch of 1st round picks to trade up an get or if they roll with Hurts for another year. At the same time, the overall team keeps improving, ensuring that the team is perennially around .500 with Hurts. Then one day the team realizes it is good enough to chase the championship if it can upgrade the QB spot so they trade years of 1st round picks and hope that they can take the right guy to win it all. That's where the Niners look to be.

15 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

1st career start against at the time the best team in the NFC.

I don't know if the Saints team Hurts faced can be considered the best team in the NFL at the time, as there was no Brees.

However the Saints D was the best in the league in practically every category, had Wentz played that game instead of Hurts, Eagles would have lost and would be drafting at 4 or 5.

2 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

I don't know if the Saints team Hurts faced can be considered the best team in the NFL at the time, as there was no Brees.

However the Saints D was the best in the league in practically every category, had Wentz played that game instead of Hurts, Eagles would have lost and would be drafting at 4 or 5.

We would have locked up 3rd

Wentz changed his number to #2. Hurts changed his to #1.

Troll level: :lol:

Screenshot_20210402-121733_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Wentz changed his number to #2. Hurts changed his to #1.

Troll level: :lol:

Screenshot_20210402-121733_Facebook.jpg

No it isn't, he was #1 on Oklahoma and couldn't get it last year because Johnston had it. You guys are desperate

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No it isn't, he was #1 on Oklahoma and couldn't get it last year because Johnston had it. You guys are desperate

I'm just having fun on a Friday mane.  :lol:  

38 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm just having fun on a Friday mane.  :lol:  

Lol I know, I'm being cranky. Carry on with your fun good sir! 

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

So how many of you bought a jersey when it was 2? :ph34r:

I’m sure significantly less than the people running around with that useless 11 now. 

On 4/1/2021 at 7:37 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

1st career start against at the time the best team in the NFC.

Most carries,  most rushing yards = WIN

If the Eagles want to dial up more WINS, have Hurts run more.

50 minutes ago, Random Reglar said:

Most carries,  most rushing yards = WIN

If the Eagles want to dial up more WINS, have Hurts run more.

I’m sure that’ll work out great.

Archived