Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

55 minutes ago, greend said:

I got one of those once for selling insulation.

I had one that looked just like it in 7th grade.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I think both will end up getting replaced

If given the same chance that the franchise gave Wentz, I feel feel Hurts will be more productive. At least I know he won't quit when things get tough...

On 4/21/2021 at 5:21 AM, XoqTionR said:

If given the same chance that the franchise gave Wentz, I feel feel Hurts will be more productive. At least I know he won't quit when things get tough...

It is just so difficult to say. Wentz absolutely has the higher ceiling and we saw Wentz play at an elite level for a season and then at times in other seasons. Hurts will have to go some to be more productive but I do like his character and he seems to have the right attitude. 

On 12/6/2020 at 7:30 PM, B3 said:

Wentz was absolutely horrendous.  Hurts provided a spark... and deserves the next start.

Nope. Whoever EARNS the spot in training camp starts. You don't just hand it to anybody anymore. Whoever WINS that spot starts, and the ones who don't- sit. 

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Nope. Whoever EARNS the spot in training camp starts. You don't just hand it to anybody anymore. Whoever WINS that spot starts, and the ones who don't- sit. 

You're absolutely right! Hurts likely starts but he's got to earn it first. 

7 hours ago, Talonblood said:

If your only real options are Hurts or Flacco, then i disagree. There is absolutely ZERO to gain from starting Flacco. 

Like Foles, his success here will depend massively on playcalling. Hurts' success in Philly is up to Siri more than Jalen IMO.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

If your only real options are Hurts or Flacco, then i disagree. There is absolutely ZERO to gain from starting Flacco. 

I may agree with your sentiment, but not this statement. If for some reason Hurts turns into (post-Hoying-Mania) Bobby Hoying, then our young WRs would probably develop better with Flacco as the starter. So there is something to gain. But I won't at this time be making a case for Flacco to be "the guy." We drafted Hurts and moved on from Wentz. I think it would be incredibly stupid to not give this a legitimate shot. But if Joe Judge starts crying again and saying we are "disrespecting the game of football" by starting Hurts, maybe it will be time to pull the plug. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

That's not how the coach is approaching it. He would not name Hurts as the starter in the presser. He is making him compete for the job. Hurts will probably win it, but he will not just be handed the position, which is a good way of running the team.

54 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

That's not how the coach is approaching it. He would not name Hurts as the starter in the presser. He is making him compete for the job. Hurts will probably win it, but he will not just be handed the position, which is a good way of running the team.

Plus, by not naming Hurts the starter, they leave the door open for Howie to pull some more "QB Factory" shenanigans in the draft.

The Coach said what he needed to say during a pre-draft presser.  That is all.  Hurts will enter Camp as the starter.  If he loses that spot, we'll see a new QB at some point in the next offseason.  Even if he keeps the spot, if he doesn't do well enough during the season, we'll see a new QB.  But the comments weren't about that.  Coaches & FO blowing smoke during pre-draft pressers is what's expected.  It's also what's best.  It would be bad pre-draft strategy for him to give actual information.

Jalen Hurts will have this organization treating him with the respect of a star QB soon enough.  

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Jalen Hurts will have this organization treating him with the respect of a star QB soon enough.  

Or else the #1's the Eagles now have for next year will land them Hurts' replacement- which is why Howie traded down in the 1st place. Ammo for next years QB factory product, should Hurts continue to play like he did last year.

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Or else the #1's the Eagles now have for next year will land them Hurts' replacement- which is why Howie traded down in the 1st place. Ammo for next years QB factory product, should Hurts continue to play like he did last year.

But those #1's are needed to rebuild this roster. 

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But those #1's are needed to rebuild this roster. 

I know and agree with you... but Howie and his QB factory....

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I know and agree with you... but Howie and his QB factory....

Oh absolutely no doubt. He'll end up using those picks to acquire a QB one way or another and thus buy himself even more time. 

On 4/23/2021 at 4:19 AM, RememberTheKoy said:

I've been saying that from the day he got drafted! :Eagle_smiley:

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I've been saying that from the day he got drafted! :Eagle_smiley:

Didn't work out so well when they treated Wentz like the star QB though did it. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Didn't work out so well when they treated Wentz like the star QB though did it. 

Worked out nicely. We exposed Wentz to be a wuss and have his replacement all for a second rounder. Fantastic pick.

7 hours ago, Infam said:

Worked out nicely. We exposed Wentz to be a wuss and have his replacement all for a second rounder. Fantastic pick.

I mean that's one way to look at it. My point is more that they treated Wentz like a star QB and some think that did him no good at all. They protected him too much. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean that's one way to look at it. My point is more that they treated Wentz like a star QB and some think that did him no good at all. They protected him too much. 

So did they cuddle too much or was it too much pressure with Hurts? 😄

2 hours ago, Infam said:

So did they cuddle too much or was it too much pressure with Hurts? 😄

I think it was probably a bit of both. I'm not saying Wentz was the answer. If he couldn't handle the competition then he wasn't. But Jenkins said that he felt they treated Wentz differently and that was before Hurts. 

Hurts is a very likeable young man. I really hope he can rise to the enormous challenge and opportunity he has in front of him. I'm not a big believer in his talent, but it's hard not be a believer in the person.

I think this draft has kind of shown the Eagles are invested in giving this job to Hurts. The Eagles were playing coy when it came to naming a starter, because they didn’t want to show their draft plans, but with Fields on the board and Jones on the board they passed on both and got Hurts another weapon and it’s a guy he’s familiar with. They probably still take a quarterback at some point in this draft, but it seems pretty clear Hurts is their guy at least for now. It should also be noted that all of the prognosticators had the Eagles in the Watson sweepstakes, but later it was revealed the Eagles weren’t even in the bidding war. It just seems like people automatically throw the Eagles into any free agent rumor or trade rumor just to get a pop. 

When they traded up with Fields on the board, Hurts was probably holding his breath!  

Archived