What do you want Jalen Hurts to accomplish *** Poll ***

What do you want Jalen Hurts to accomplish  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Jalen Hurts to accomplish

• Light it up and win the division
    • Look good, win a couple games and impact draft selection
    • Look like a QB would look in this situation, top 5 pick here we come

If we win the division because of Hurts that means he's one of the best QBs in football and I'd rather take that than draft position. But more realistically I like him to just stay healthy and show improvement.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Don't want to win the division and give Lurie an excuse to keep Howie. Future is more important than winning the division this season

Score over 30 but lose by 1 pt in each of the next 4 games so we know we got our guy for next season and we still have a top 3 pick 

• Thanks 1

We should hope that Hurts plays well because the more talent you have the better. If he doesn't play well, we will have trouble recouping a second round value for him if we ever decide to trade him. So, we would take a loss there.  If the Eagles behind closed doors decide that Wentz may not be their guy and if they feel that Hurts isn't their guy, then this draft could be very interesting.  Can you imagine if we had Wentz, Hurts and a top 10 QB on this roster next year? That would be a circus. It would be best for Hurts to play well because if they know now that they don't feel Hurts is a possible franchise QB, then they could try to move him before the draft.  It depends on how they see Hurts. Do they see him as a gadgety Taysom Hill guy that they drafted too high or do they feel he could eventually be a franchise QB?  And, if they solely drafted him to be a gadgety guy in the 2nd round, that is even more of a reason for Howie to get fired.

• Like 3

I want Howie gone, and Hurts playing great would make Howie look like a genius for picking him.  So that's interesting.

Long term I want a new GM and a team that is built to win another championship so whatever that takes.  On an individual level I want to see good football and see young players develop so I'd love to see Hurts and any other player do well.  Seeing Reagor score the punt return TD was great, seeing Fulgham have a good stretch of games was entertaining, seeing Sanders or Scott make big plays, Barnett getting sacks, Singleton showing some things this year..you want your team to succeed and give you something to root for.

But, if they are bad and a byproduct is the necessary change then that is good too.

• Like 3

It’s an interesting situation. The ideal, and least realistic, scenario would be for Hurts to lead the offense to 30 ppg, and record a 100+ passer rating throughout the next for games, but they still lose because of defensive implosions. 

• Haha 1

On the TD drive, he looked like a dual threat QB similar to Russell Wilson. With our O-Line a train wreck, I think it's the only way this offense can be productive. No pocket QB is going to survive that kill zone.

He seemed pedestrian in his last few drives. Originally, it looked like the int was a tipped pass but after looking at the film, he stops his arm not the defender, so it's on him. The receivers didn't do him any favors and they won't the rest of the year either. He seems a competent replacement and if he were surrounded with talent he could be successful. The problem is we have systemic issues when it comes to surrounding him with ANY talent. Our top 3 pass catchers are all tight ends. 3 TE sets anyone? We could get AJ and JJAW to block for them.

Finally, IF they can fix Wentz I think he has the higher ceiling. He has to admit there is a problem and seek help fixing things. He seems reluctant to accept that he needs to change the way he does things and I'm just not in a tolerant mood for people who want to stick their head in the sand right now. Hurts ceiling in my mind is a low level cross between Russell Wilson and Tony Romo. He'll make plays that get you excited (Wilson) but not be able to close the big games. (Romo)

TLDR; Not enough talent around him for him to be very successful but he should be competent going forward.

• Like 2

Hurts is now the starting QB of the Eagles and the name on the front is the most important too me.  So I hope he plays well and we win every game.  I am never a person to root for a player or my team to do bad on purpose.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phil77 said:

Hurts is now the starting QB of the Eagles and the name on the front is the most important too me.  So I hope he plays well and we win every game.  I am never a person to route for a player or my team to do bad on purpose.  

You don't have to do that, I'm sure he has GPS or knows how to get to the stadium by now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Funny thing is that if Hurts balls out, that might be enough to save Howie his job. So its a win-win for however he performs.

If he balls out, we got a QB.

If he sucks, heads are rolling.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You don't have to do that, I'm sure he has GPS or knows how to get to the stadium by now.

Got me

• Haha 1

I just want him to play out of his mind & destroy the saints, so their zoolander coach Payton can pout all he wants!  After that, let’s hear the cliche " we will take it one game @ a time” 

I want for him the same thing I want for every new Eagles starter. I want him to be the greatest QB in NFL history. If you're an Eagles fan, you should always want this.

• Like 1

It's refreshing to see that there are still "true" Eagles fans that want to see this team win.  Very nice, EMB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

It's refreshing to see that there are still "true" Eagles fans that want to see this team win.  Very nice, EMB.

Do you want to win, or do you want a top 5 pick ??  Do you think this team can win a Super Bowl with Jalen Hurts and this team as currently constructed ??

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Do you want to win, or do you want a top 5 pick ??  Do you think this team can win a Super Bowl with Jalen Hurts and this team as currently constructed ??

Not saying he will be, but if for some reason Hurts is the best QB in football why wouldn't you want that? You take someone in the top 5 just hoping they'll be a top player. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I always want the Eagles to win.  I couldn't care less about "draft order" and neither does any real fan.  How is it remotely fair (to want to tank for a draft pick) to the rest of the team that worked their tails off all year, risking their bodies (this year Covid as well), playing their hearts out to win? 

Anyone that wants this team to lose is NOT an Eagles fan, sorry.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That cannot be answered until we see Hurts play. As extremely, extremely unlikely it is, if Hurts went out there and played dominant football, and that lead them to running the table to win the East? Then yes I’ll take that over a top 5 pick, because if he is able to do that with this supporting cast, that means he’s probably worth more to us than that top 5 pick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

That cannot be answered until we see Hurts play. As extremely, extremely unlikely it is, if Hurts went out there and played dominant football, and that lead them to running the table to win the East? Then yes I’ll take that over a top 5 pick, because if he is able to do that with this supporting cast, that means he’s probably worth more to us than that top 5 pick. 

Best answer I have seen thus far...