What do you want Jalen Hurts to accomplish *** Poll ***

What do you want Jalen Hurts to accomplish  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Jalen Hurts to accomplish

• Light it up and win the division
    • Look good, win a couple games and impact draft selection
    • Look like a QB would look in this situation, top 5 pick here we come

I’m torn. NOTW covered part of my answer. I don’t want Howie being retained because he looks good, but I also don’t want to outright hope he sucks either. I’d like the high draft pick also. 

One thing I’m certainly not going to do, is root against Hurts because I think it helps Wentz. If Hurts plays great and that leads to him being the starter in 2021, then I’m pulling for Hurts in 2021. 

• Like 3

It would be cool to know they didn't blow another 2nd rd pick.  Make the Eagles watchable again would be a good goal.

I don’t expect him to be perfect, but even when he gets sacked I don’t want to see him fumble it almost every time. I’d like to see him get out of the pocket or throw it away when it isn’t there. I want to see how accurate he is inside the pocket. I want him to recognize he doesn’t have a lot of time in the pocket so make quick decisions to either run or get rid of it. He’s going to make mistakes. He’s going to have turnovers. I expect him to complete passes to wide receivers. Basically I expect him to be better than the garbage that Wentz has given us all season and I expect the Wentz apologists to cry all game and make excuses as they watch. I also expect the apologists to over blow the mistakes of the rookie to try and make their god look good failing to realize one is a rookie and the other is an overpaid vet. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

So do you want him to be the future, look good enough but lose a couple draft slots, look the same and secure that top 5 pick

Dude that is such a hard choice I don't even know if I can pick one of them honestly.

There should be a choice for plays great but, they still lose because the rest of the team sucks ass. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Dude that is such a hard choice I don't even know if I can pick one of them honestly.

There should be a choice for plays great but, they still lose because the rest of the team sucks ass. 

The logical answer would be that Hurts leads the Eagles to  23 points pending the extra point to tie and Elliott misses.

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

The logical answer would be that Hurts leads the Eagles to  23 points pending the extra point to tie and Elliott misses.

I'll take that as a poll answer! 

It's as plain as the sky. 

This is strictly an audition for other teams looking to pick Hurts up on a trade.

Wentz and Howie will be back, Doug is gone. IMO, the first two tag-teamed poor DP into submission.

Win the division ... not sure what good that would do (other than offer bragging rights).  Chances are we’d just get smoked in round 1 so to me that is not the most desirable outcome this year.  Play Hurts to see what he can offer.  Sit Wentz to let in get his head right.  At this point it isn’t about wins and losses for the remainder of 2020.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Win the division ... not sure what good that would do (other than offer bragging rights).  Chances are we’d just get smoked in round 1 so to me that is not the most desirable outcome this year.  Play Hurts to see what he can offer.  Sit Wentz to let in get his head right.  At this point it isn’t about wins and losses for the remainder of 2020.

Whatever happens in the end I don’t see how you can bring back Wentz and Pederson together. That marriage ended in Green Bay. With that being the case the Eagles drafted Hurts, so the marriage between them and Carson was already on the rocks.

• Like 1

Well hopefully he plays well and is the future otherwise we have to blow the top 5 fing pick on yet another QB

• Like 1

I'm not expecting too much because the front office, coaches and TEAM just flat out suck this year. There isn't going to be a miracle turn around just because a rookie QB replaces the screwed up ex starter. I'll just be watching to see what Hurts has, but this team isn't going anywhere and a high pick will be there. Just hoping Howie gets fired and can't make that pick.

No single player can compensate for an incompetent GM.

Get rid of howie 1st. Before he f’s off another draft and offseason

• Like 1

I don't get the top 5 draft pick love. Unless it's a Peyton Manning or something, you're not going to rebuild a whole team with one pick, which is what is needed here.

9 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

I don't get the top 5 draft pick love. Unless it's a Peyton Manning or something, you're not going to rebuild a whole team with one pick, which is what is needed here.

Well hopefully we can trade out of it and grab another or use it to take a QB if Hurts ends up pulling a Wentz.

10 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Well hopefully we can trade out of it and grab another or use it to take a QB if Hurts ends up pulling a Wentz.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. We need so many players.

I'd like to see this: "if avoiding negative throws is the most stable indicator when evaluating quarterbacks, then I believe that teams should at least consider making Hurts their QB3 ahead of Justin Herbert and Jordan Love. Hurts offers teams the opportunity to avoid the common mistake of selecting style over substance — he doesn’t jump off the screen, but he is dependable when performing in rhythm and has proven accuracy, plus decision-making and poise under pressure. "

From: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-comparing-oklahomas-jalen-hurts-to-the-other-second-tier-quarterbacks

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Funny thing is that if Hurts balls out, that might be enough to save Howie his job. So its a win-win for however he performs.

If he balls out, we got a QB.

If he sucks, heads are rolling.

I don't think this is enough of a sample size to determine that.  4 games to end the season?  I'm sure 1-2 of them won't even have any implications at all.  If he plays well, then Carson has a very short leash next season.  

58 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

Statistically, the Eagles have been very good when drafting within the top 15.  Outside of the top 15.......not so much.  That's probably not a good enough reason, but there are some absolute game changers at the top of this draft.  

15 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I don't think this is enough of a sample size to determine that.  4 games to end the season?  I'm sure 1-2 of them won't even have any implications at all.  If he plays well, then Carson has a very short leash next season.  

If Jalen beat the Saints and Arizona, then it is his job to lose. If he wins out, how can they justify Wendy’s back in?

Wentz’s feelings were hurt when Hurts was drafted. He’s over in Philly. 

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

If Jalen beat the Saints and Arizona, then it is his job to lose. If he wins out, how can they justify Wendy’s back in?

That's a good question that I don't really know the answer to because of so many outliers.  I think back to Wentz's first 3 games ever.  He looked like he was on a trajectory to become the greatest QB of all time because it's such a small sample size.  He was running no huddle, empty backfield sets on MNF against the Bears in his 2nd game with ease.  I'll admit I'm not sold on Hurts at all.  I think his ceiling is extremely low, but I'm happy to eat crow if I'm wrong.  

I'd say his contract will definitely dictate a few decisions next year as well.  Plus if they fire Doug, then I would think they'd want to give Wentz another chance with someone that might be able to fix him.  Wentz's regression in general has been horrendous.  It's probably the biggest head scratcher to me that I've ever seen in sports.  But we've seen him do it before when he has a good OL and a good coach.  That coach isn't here anymore.