Caleb Farley (Virginia Tech CB) -- DRAFTED BY TENNESSEE #22

Alphagrand

On 1/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, PoconoDon said:

If forced to take a CB as BPA, then Farley over Surtain is my choice. I'd much prefer the WR(Chase) at #6, CB at #37, and IOL in the 3rd.

This ... especially rd 1 and 2 (but could go IOL, S, or LB in 3rd).  If someone like Cisco fell to 70 I'd have a hard time passing on him.

We're not going to fix this roster with one draft.  Hoping DL is a strength of next year's draft - we'll need an infusion of young talent there in the very near future as well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

This ... especially rd 1 and 2 (but could go IOL, S, or LB in 3rd).  If someone like Cisco fell to 70 I'd have a hard time passing on him.

We're not going to fix this roster with one draft.  Hoping DL is a strength of next year's draft - we'll need an infusion of young talent there in the very near future as well.  

You're right. Whenever a good prospect falls, taking him is the right thing to do. I like that Syracuse Safety too. He is always around the ball and has a knack for finding it in coverage. My preference is just a shot at where I think the quality can be found in the first 3 rounds. Things can change quickly in the draft though. A run on a position group eliminates the quality.

As for next year (2022 draft), I want CB (Stingley Jr.) from LSU in round 1, who I think is 5X better than Surtain II, then D-line and O-line yet again. As always BPA trumps desire if the talent level dictates a different pick.

I agree that this roster needs 3 terrific drafts in a row to get back to being a contender, and IMO, 5 in a row to be an odds on favorite to win it all. Howie will prevent it all because Howie.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

You're right. Whenever a good prospect falls, taking him is the right thing to do. I like that Syracuse Safety too. He is always around the ball and has a knack for finding it in coverage. My preference is just a shot at where I think the quality can be found in the first 3 rounds. Things can change quickly in the draft though. A run on a position group eliminates the quality.

As for next year (2022 draft), I want CB (Stingley Jr.) from LSU in round 1, who I think is 5X better than Surtain II, then D-line and O-line yet again. As always BPA trumps desire if the talent level dictates a different pick.

I agree that this roster needs 3 terrific drafts in a row to get back to being a contender, and IMO, 5 in a row to be an odds on favorite to win it all. Howie will prevent it all because Howie.

I'm hoping he (Cisco) will be there - we need to address S in a big way.  He is projected to go higher than 70 but we saw last year how that position group as a whole went quite a bit later than projected. 

If our draft looked something like this:

1 - Chase

2 - Samuel Jr (or Campbell - I like both quite a bit)

3 - Cisco

5 - Twyman

5 - Myers (OC Ohio St)

... I'd be thrilled beyond thrilled.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'm hoping he (Cisco) will be there - we need to address S in a big way.  He is projected to go higher than 70 but we saw last year how that position group as a whole went quite a bit later than projected. 

1 - Chase

3 - Cisco

5 - Twyman

5 - Myers (OC Ohio St)

Now THAT would be a really good draft. The kind the Eagles need.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Now THAT would be a really good draft. The kind the Eagles need.:thumbsup:

Can we hack into the feed from the war room to make our own picks such that they think they came from Howie??  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Can we hack into the feed from the war room to make our own picks such that they think they came from Howie??  :lol:

We just gotta take the places of those two nameless guys at the desk who run the cards to the Commish. By the time Howie figures it out, it'll be the 6th round.

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 10:54 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

From what I’ve seen likely to be a top 10 pick.

Him or Surtain both interest me. We desperately need a young outside corner.

I'm not sure if others noticed with the games this past weekend but in all 4 games the corner play was outstanding, those guy constantly turned, located the ball and defended the pass by batting it away.

It's been decades since I've saw an Eagles corner do that on a consistent basis, so yes, a desperate need for sure, like #6 desperate, namely Farley!!

On 1/18/2021 at 6:37 PM, EagleVA said:

I'm not sure if others noticed with the games this past weekend but in all 4 games the corner play was outstanding, those guy constantly turned, located the ball and defended the pass by batting it away.

It's been decades since I've saw an Eagles corner do that on a consistent basis, so yes, a desperate need for sure, like #6 desperate, namely Farley!!

Well part of that not locating the ball issue should be solved with Schwartz being out. As asinine as it sounds, the DBs during his tenure were taught to play the receiver and not the ball. 

We do need CB help and I like Farley, I just can’t see going CB at 6 with Chase or Smith on the board at WR. If they’re gone then sure, go Farley. Ideally I’d like Chase at 6, then Samuel Jr in the second round if he’s there. He could go late first though. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:11 AM, time2rock said:

1 - Chase

3 - Cisco

5 - Twyman

5 - Myers (OC Ohio St)

That draft would be too good to be true with Howie in charge. I’ve been saying I want the first two picks to be Chase and Samuel. Also love Cisco, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone well before the Eagles third pick. I also think Samuel could be gone in the late first. 

Maybe the Saints want Wentz as Brees replacement and give us their first rounder :lol:

1 minute ago, nipples said:

That draft would be too good to be true with Howie in charge. I’ve been saying I want the first two picks to be Chase and Samuel. Also love Cisco, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone well before the Eagles third pick. I also think Samuel could be gone in the late first. 

I have seen quite a few mocks that have Samuel going late 1st, so that definitely would not come as a surprise.  Campbell would be a decent consolation prize if he is still on the board and Samuel is gone.  

Regarding Cisco, that also wouldn't surprise me if he is gone before our pick in round 3, but I remember seeing safeties go quite a bit later last year than projected, so hoping that trend continues this year.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

I have seen quite a few mocks that have Samuel going late 1st, so that definitely would not come as a surprise.  Campbell would be a decent consolation prize if he is still on the board and Samuel is gone.  

Regarding Cisco, that also wouldn't surprise me if he is gone before our pick in round 3, but I remember seeing safeties go quite a bit later last year than projected, so hoping that trend continues this year.  

Well I’m biased being a Syracuse alum/fan, but I’d love Cisco. Watching him was one of the few bright spots in the misery of watching their games. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 12:58 AM, Alphagrand said:

I’d like to see the Eagles go WR first round, CB second round, and S in the third round.

OC in the third

22 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

OC in the third

I'm digging into Drake Jackson out of Kentucky right now.  Kelce might be a future HOF'r, so I don't want to say he's a clone, but they seem pretty identical in a lot of ways as prospects.

1 hour ago, Wentz_Era said:

I'm digging into Drake Jackson out of Kentucky right now.  Kelce might be a future HOF'r, so I don't want to say he's a clone, but they seem pretty identical in a lot of ways as prospects.

I wanted to like him but his measurables were really bad. Baby hands and short arms even for a C

maybe fifth round now. Can he long snap?

On 2/4/2021 at 6:24 AM, Wentz_Era said:

He just measured 6'1.7, 290 with 31.1 arms and 8.5 hands. I really, really liked him as a player too, but those are suicide measurements. 

On 2/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, ToastJenkins said:

I wanted to like him but his measurables were really bad. Baby hands and short arms even for a C

maybe fifth round now. Can he long snap?

Talk at the Senior Bowl was does he get drafted now. I'm not talking reports from it, just talking to Tommy and some others down there. Everyone getting the same feedback. It's funny, we all like him a lot as a player too. It was almost like showing up on a date with a girl and finding out the pic you saw of her was from 10 years ago. 

So many guys at the end of the draft like Hainsey and Hoge who can slip inside and play center who had good showings/don't have those physical limitations. Hard to believe Jackson wouldn't get drafted, but that's what is being said. 

Craziness. 

10 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

He just measured 6'1.7, 290 with 31.1 arms and 8.5 hands. I really, really liked him as a player too, but those are suicide measurements. 

I'd be interested to know... When a player gets in to the NFL how much do those measurements mean? Like how often do C with measurements under a certain threshold bust or work out?

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd be interested to know... When a player gets in to the NFL how much do those measurements mean? Like how often do C with measurements under a certain threshold bust or work out?

I'm not sure. I am sure there are analytics, but I do not have those. 

At tackle, you want 34" or longer. On the interior line, you can get away at 32.5". 31" arms are super short. A guy like Fletcher Cox gets his arms on you and you're just on roller skates no matter how good you are. It's not even your fault. Again, I really like him as a player. When I saw the numbers I was pissed because he was a guy I wanted if we were looking for a similar center. 

Finding out he's not only shorter than me, but has shorter arms and smaller hands ... the height isn't as big of a deal as wow, really is a small guy. I was surprised how "small" Jason Kelce was being next to him. He's almost an inch taller than Jackson. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

At tackle, you want 34" or longer. On the interior line, you can get away at 32.5". 31" arms are super short. A guy like Fletcher Cox gets his arms on you and you're just on roller skates no matter how good you are. It's not even your fault. Again, I really like him as a player. When I saw the numbers I was pissed because he was a guy I wanted if we were looking for a similar center. 

For perspective, Dillard is at just those 34" - Mailata is a freak at 35,5"... 

2 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Talk at the Senior Bowl was does he get drafted now. I'm not talking reports from it, just talking to Tommy and some others down there. Everyone getting the same feedback. It's funny, we all like him a lot as a player too. It was almost like showing up on a date with a girl and finding out the pic you saw of her was from 10 years ago. 

So many guys at the end of the draft like Hainsey and Hoge who can slip inside and play center who had good showings/don't have those physical limitations. Hard to believe Jackson wouldn't get drafted, but that's what is being said. 

Craziness. 

I knew he wasn’t the 6’4 he was listed as but he didn’t look that small. Weight I figured though. He’s certainly held his own in the sec but that bumps him to udfa category for sure. At least at 6’4 he could in theory be a reserve. That size he’d get eaten inside like you said. 

• Like 2

If forced to take a CB as BPA, then Farley over Surtain is my choice. I'd much prefer the WR(Chase) at #6, CB at #37, and IOL in the 3rd.

I don't like Chase's separation, I'd stay away from him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a 5 round mock I did. Would prefer trading back in this situation, Chase, Penei and waddle were gone.

Farley I thought was bpa at 6.

Leatherwood projects as a guard in the nfl, but has versatility to play tackle which I like.

Werner is a legit 3 down mlb.

Nasirildeen may not be available at this pick, but I would jump on it if he is. Versatile safety or nickel lb.

Imatorbhebhe would be a flyer pick with high reward if he’s available to develop into an X receiver.

Overall, I’d be happy with this through 5 rounds. Especially if we traded down at 6, got an extra pick or two and still landed Farley.

81B24E81-DCC1-4AD1-8D86-429066A28996.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I have no idea why everyone is so enamored with Chase, I honestly believe we'll hear the same thing we've heard for the past 4-5 years, "no one is getting separation".

With Hurts ability to extend plays you want someone that'll be able to run away from defenders, 4.45 won't be running away from anyone, Chase is more or less a contested catch guy....DO NOT WANT!!  

Hopefully Farley doesn't sit out another full year because of that hoax!!! What a loser for falling for that! 

I could see us getting Farley at 12 now............