Peter King: Howie Can Figure Out Wentz's Contract

D-Shiznit

10 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Anecdotal evidence means zilch.  Here's what I mean.  From 2019 - MUCH WORSE inside the pocket vs. outside the pocket.

You're not fooling anyone into thinking Carson is a pocket passer.  Everyone who has watched this guy knows he's most effective when he scrambles on broken plays.

image.thumb.png.badcc7cd1ae432fecbd3c9033bc74432.png

Guess the Packers better get rid of Aaron Rodgers.  QBR is worse in the pocket and out of the pocket. 

And talk about moving the goal post, you said he can't make throws from the pocket, then say he can make some from the pocket, then post a chart showing he is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers.

You are struggling big time.

Care to send me a link to those stats ?? Those are 2019 numbers.  I would like to see those same numbers in 2018, and 2017 especially.  Got a feeling you don't want me to have that info though.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Guess the Packers better get rid of Aaron Rodgers.  QBR is worse in the pocket and out of the pocket. 

And talk about moving the goal post, you said he can't make throws from the pocket, then say he can make some from the pocket, then post a chart showing he is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers.

You are struggling big time.

Only a clown would try to claim with a straight face that Wentz is better than Rodgers.  It's pathetic.

Wentz has always been mediocre at best inside the pocket, homer and Washer anecdotes notwithstanding.  And now he's a total dumpster fire. 

Not sure what is more pathetic, his play on the field this year, or the shameless shilling for him by people like you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Only a clown would try to claim with a straight face that Wentz is better than Rodgers.  It's pathetic.

Wentz has always been mediocre at best inside the pocket, homer and Washer anecdotes notwithstanding.  And now he's a total dumpster fire. 

Not sure what is more pathetic, his play on the field this year, or the shameless shilling for him by people like you.

You posted the stats, not me.  Clearly shows Wentz has a 10 point better QBR overall, and 2 1/2 points better from the pocket.

image.png.1524f93ea7d3339e9ac3357f3728a746.png

image.png.55dd34c066d07b1ceaceb4bed8263cdb.png

Why can't you acknowledge that he made tons of throws from the pocket in 2017.  Better yet, post that same chart from 2017, or provide me a link.

I will assume your incoming deflection is evidence enough you do not want to post info that proves me correct.

I posted the video though, everyone can watch it, HE MAKES TONS OF THROWS FROM THE POCKET.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

You posted the stats, not me.  Clearly shows Wentz has a 10 point better QBR overall, and 2 1/2 points better from the pocket.

image.png.1524f93ea7d3339e9ac3357f3728a746.png

image.png.55dd34c066d07b1ceaceb4bed8263cdb.png

Why can't you acknowledge that he made tons of throws from the pocket in 2017.  Better yet, post that same chart from 2017, or provide me a link.

I will assume your incoming deflection is evidence enough you do not want to post info that proves me correct.

I posted the video though, everyone can watch it, HE MAKES TONS OF THROWS FROM THE POCKET.

No, he doesn't make enough throws from the pocket.  A highlight reel doesn't change that simple fact.  He's too mentally slow to process the field, find the open receiver, and deliver an accurate pass like the great pocket passers.  He's good when his athleticism allows him to scramble and freelance on broken plays.  Now when that's gone, he's the worst QB in the league.

14 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

No, he doesn't make enough throws from the pocket.  A highlight reel doesn't change that simple fact.  He's too mentally slow to process the field, find the open receiver, and deliver an accurate pass like the great pocket passers.  He's good when his athleticism allows him to scramble and freelance on broken plays.  Now when that's gone, he's the worst QB in the league.

But you said he doesn't make any throws from the pocket.  Please provide that same chart for 2017.

Just now, downundermike said:

But you said he doesn't make any throws from the pocket.  Please provide that same chart for 2017.

No I said he doesn't make ENOUGH throws from the pocket.  Learn to read.

3 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

No I said he doesn't make ENOUGH throws from the pocket.  Learn to read.

Looks pretty clear to me.

44 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

No not from the pocket.  Off schedule plays where he ran around and bought time.

More evidence that I was right.  Re: his great 2017 season.  Take the L and move on washer.

"As far as average time to throw goes, Wentz ranked 28th in the NFL with an average time of 2.75 seconds to get rid of the football. While that release time was relatively slow compared to other QBs, that can be attributed to Wentz’ scrambling ability, his ability to keep plays alive by maneuvering the pocket, and his tendency to hold on to the ball longer in an effort to throw deep down the field. "

image.thumb.png.fd5c138f844253b022d936849952ea1d.png

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2018/07/05/nfl-10/

14 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

And if a QB is better from outside the pocket, which I agree he is, ( but better than Aaron Rodgers in the pocket, your chart not mine ) so are Russel Wilson and Deshaun Watson, why is the coach calling 6 designed roll outs over a 4 game stretch ??  Are you supposed to coach to your QB's strengths ??

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And if a QB is better from outside the pocket, which I agree he is, ( but better than Aaron Rodgers in the pocket, your chart not mine ) so are Russel Wilson and Deshaun Watson, why is the coach calling 6 designed roll outs over a 4 game stretch ??  Are you supposed to coach to your QB's strengths ??

Doug already addressed this.  He is calling a lot more rollouts.  Carson is audibling out of them.  He’s too stubborn and thick headed to let the coaches help him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wentzcuse #30 "but back in 2017 he....”

smh it’s almost 2021 lmao

5 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Wentzcuse #30 "but back in 2017 he....”

smh it’s almost 2021 lmao

Last year, first Eagles QB to throw for 4000 yards

5 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

Doug already addressed this.  He is calling a lot more rollouts.  Carson is audibling out of them.  He’s too stubborn and thick headed to let the coaches help him.

Omg stop. He’s not "calling a lot more rollouts.”  My favorite is "Doug already addressed this” as if anything he says makes any sense at all.  What will it take for you to realize that he is not qualified to call plays in an NFL football game without a creative offensive mind??

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

Omg stop. He’s not "calling a lot more rollouts.”  My favorite is "Doug already addressed this” as if anything he says makes any sense at all.  What will it take for you to realize that he is not qualified to call plays in an NFL football game without a creative offensive mind??

So please explain Sunday. Please explain what he did with Foles? In both 2017 when he had Reich and 2018 when he didn't. 

17 hours ago, downundermike said:

You said he never made any, now he made some.  Watch the video, plenty of throws from the pocket.

Your point aside (because he definitely made throws from the pocket and I never knew that was in dispute), it's good to look back at those plays.  Some things stand out.

1. It appears his issue is mental.  Because he has the skill set.  In these clips he's making good decisions to step away from pressure and deliver a throw, or scramble. 

2. He's being more patient to review the options and keep moving while looking around at his receivers.  He's pump faking, juking pass rushers or making quick decisions to tuck and run for the 1st down.

3. Many of the plays he looked just like Hurts the other day, scrambling or rolling out and making plays with his legs.

I don't know if it's injury, mental blocks, coaching or all of the above but we know what he's capable of and this year we've seen a totally different Carson.  I hope he can get back to form.

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Your point aside (because he definitely made throws from the pocket and I never knew that was in dispute), it's good to look back at those plays.  Some things stand out.

1. It appears his issue is mental.  Because he has the skill set.  In these clips he's making good decisions to step away from pressure and deliver a throw, or scramble. 

2. He's being more patient to review the options and keep moving while looking around at his receivers.  He's pump faking, juking pass rushers or making quick decisions to tuck and run for the 1st down.

3. Many of the plays he looked just like Hurts the other day, scrambling or rolling out and making plays with his legs.

I don't know if it's injury, mental blocks, coaching or all of the above but we know what he's capable of and this year we've seen a totally different Carson.  I hope he can get back to form.

Don't worry, he will look great under Frank Reich with the Colts next year, and the Eagles will look incredibly stupid.

Don't worry, he will look great under Frank Reich with the Colts next year, and the Eagles will look incredibly stupid.

That's why I would keep both Wentz and Hurts.  We don't even know how Hurts will look the rest of this year.  And who's to say Hurts won't regress or get "figured out?"  May the best man win the starting job but still too early to make any decision.  

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That's why I would keep both Wentz and Hurts.  We don't even know how Hurts will look the rest of this year.  And who's to say Hurts won't regress or get "figured out?"  May the best man win the starting job but still too early to make any decision.  

You haven't ready this board the last 3 days.  Carson is shot, a bust, needs to be run out of town ASAP.

Just now, downundermike said:

You haven't ready this board the last 3 days.  Carson is shot, a bust, needs to be run out of town ASAP.

I've read it.  There are people of varying opinions.  Too many people jump to extremes but many realize there are a lot of factors this season.  I really wanted to see a new legit OC this year instead of OCBC (by committee).

That's a realistic fix this offseason:  if they keep Howie and Doug but get a new OC (and DC) then they could potentially have different schemes on both sides.  

• Like 1

I love the extreme overreaction you see here frequently.  lol  

Just now, NOTW said:

I've read it.  There are people of varying opinions.  Too many people jump to extremes but many realize there are a lot of factors this season.  I really wanted to see a new legit OC this year instead of OCBC (by committee).

That's a realistic fix this offseason:  if they keep Howie and Doug but get a new OC (and DC) then they could potentially have different schemes on both sides.  

I'd add a seasoned QB coach to that list.  They really need to add a proven QB coach that has demonstrated a lot of success working with QBs previously in an effort to get their most valuable asset back on track if they intend to keep him around (which I believe they will).

11 hours ago, hputenis said:

Wentzcuse #31 - A Super Bowl winning coach who played QB for many years himself, and wins at an .800 clip without carson is "not qualified to call plays in an NFL football game" :roll:

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd add a seasoned QB coach to that list.  They really need to add a proven QB coach that has demonstrated a lot of success working with QBs previously in an effort to get their most valuable asset back on track if they intend to keep him around (which I believe they will).

Yes I agree.  A new OC and QB coach to come in, let the OC call the plays.  Reich and Flip were both former QBs (if I recall?) and the idea was to surround the young Wentz with QB minds to really develop him.  Bring in 2 new guys with something along those lines of experience and background and proven success (even at the college level) to let Carson kind of reboot.  He needs accountability as well as a fresh start.

• Like 1

Howie can figure out the terrible contract that he gave Wentz? Nice

Lol trying to give GM credit for cleaning up his own mess

• Like 1

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

Last year, first Eagles QB to throw for 4000 yards

Who Fing cares?  Do you get a trophy for 4000 yards?  Everyone and their mother throws for 4000 yards in the current era.

Wentzcuse #32 - Carson threw for 4000 yards! :roll:

• Haha 1