Peter King: Howie Can Figure Out Wentz's Contract

D-Shiznit

3 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Who Fing cares?  Do you get a trophy for 4000 yards?  Everyone and their mother throws for 4000 yards in the current era.

Wentzcuse #32 - Carson threw for 4000 yards! :roll:

What do you consider the current era, give me a time frame ??

I thought people were joking that others were still defending Wentz. But I am seeing it for myself. How delusional...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I thought people were joking that others were still defending Wentz. But I am seeing it for myself. How delusional...

What is delusional about it.  This coaching staff and game plan did absolutely nothing to help him.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What is delusional about it.  This coaching staff and game plan did absolutely nothing to help him.

Then why is Doug able to construct a game plan for Hurts? With less than a week after making the decision? Why was he able to do the same with Foles?

The defending of Wentz just goes too far. He's absolved of all blame. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Then why is Doug able to construct a game plan for Hurts? With less than a week after making the decision? Why was he able to do the same with Foles?

The defending of Wentz just goes too far. He's absolved of all blame. 

A game plan that was run heavy, that for whatever reason New Orleans was crashing inside, setting a soft edge and not putting a spy on the QB in the first half.  They adjusted in the second half and only allowed one score on a short field.  You don't think the Cardinals are gonna be able to do more with some film, and two guys, Budda Baker and Isaiah Simmons who are both fast enough to spy him.

You guys are putting to much stock in one game, that they actually ran the ball for once this year, remember that we had a 25:75 run pass ration the past four weeks.  Kevin Kolb looked like the second coming in his first two starts.  How did that work out ??

Just now, downundermike said:

You guys are putting to much stock in one game, that they actually ran the ball for once this year, remember that we had a 25:75 run pass ration the past four weeks.  Kevin Kolb looked like the second coming in his first two starts.  How did that work out ??

But it isn't one game is it because Doug did it with Foles. I'm sorry but this defense of Wentz is just too over the top. He's absolved of blame when he's the biggest issue on the field. I've said before, how can an offense function with such terrible play at QB? How can a team function when put in bad situations by their QB?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

A game plan that was run heavy, that for whatever reason New Orleans was crashing inside, setting a soft edge and not putting a spy on the QB in the first half.  They adjusted in the second half and only allowed one score on a short field.  You don't think the Cardinals are gonna be able to do more with some film, and two guys, Budda Baker and Isaiah Simmons who are both fast enough to spy him.

Wentz Washer ^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But it isn't one game is it because Doug did it with Foles. I'm sorry but this defense of Wentz is just too over the top. He's absolved of blame when he's the biggest issue on the field. I've said before, how can an offense function with such terrible play at QB? How can a team function when put in bad situations by their QB?

I am not absolving him of his issues.  My issue is a coaching staff that will cater to what every other QB does well except him.

Does a 25:75 run pass ratio the last 4 games help him ??

Does a QB who functions well outside the pocket only having 6 designed rollouts called over those same 4 games help him ??

Does flanker screens to Greg Ward help him ??  Why did they do that to Reagor with a different QB ??

I have no issue being critical of his play, but it is so over the top the other direction that I am going to point out the facts.

What happens when the Cardinals shut down the Eagles offense this week, you gonna blame Hurts, or will it be the game plan, play calling, 13 offensive line combos in 14 games ??

3 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Hurts Huckster ^

How, he hasn’t done anything to make 32 Wentzcuses for? All he did was beat the Saints.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

How, he hasn’t done anything to make 32 Wentzcuses for? All he did was beat the Saints.

I have heard quite a few Hurtzologies

Just now, Perforator said:

I have heard quite a few Hurtzologies

To be a Hurts Huckster, Hurts would have to play like crap 12 weeks in a row and I would have to make 30 excuses for him.  That’s what Wentz washers do. #30 was the best "his feeling were hurt because Hurts was drafted and he can’t focus”

LOL

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

To be a Hurts Huckster, Hurts would have to play like crap 12 weeks in a row and I would have to make 30 excuses for him.  That’s what Wentz washers do. #30 was the best "his feeling were hurt because Hurts was drafted and he can’t focus”

LOL

I think a better way to compare would be per game. If 30 is the cutoff that would make 2.6 Wentzcuses or Hurtzologies per game 🙂

16 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

The Saints, with a back up gimmick QB, who had beaten the lowly Falcons twice, and a Broncos team with a practice squad WR at QB.

Do you think he wins that game if the Saints have Brees ??

Just now, downundermike said:

The Saints, with a back up gimmick QB, who had beaten the lowly Falcons twice, and a Broncos team with a practice squad WR at QB.

I know we lose if Wentz plays, saw it all year. Still leads in sacks and turnovers right now after being benched a game and a half.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

play like crap 12 weeks in a row

This is where you prove you have an agenda.

Wentz scored the most points against the Steelers this year, the #1 scoring defense in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I know we lose if Wentz plays, saw it all year. Still leads in sacks and turnovers right now after being benched a game and a half.

Why can't you answer my question without a question.

Do the Eagles win last Sunday if Brees is the QB ??

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Multiple stories about his lack of leadership, unwillingness to listen and bad practice habits. Not to mention holding on to the ball way too long, missing open WR, and throwing the most off-target throws in the NFL. There is more that I have not mentioned to save my fingers from typing. What am I missing?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Multiple unverified stories about his lack of leadership, unwillingness to listen and bad practice habits.

Fixed it for you 🙂

1 hour ago, Perforator said:

Fixed it for you 🙂

Lol most stories are verified after the fact when either the person in question or the source leaves town.

Who the hell is going to put their name on the story trashing the $130M franchise QB. That is the quickest way to be without a job.

But ok.

23 hours ago, downundermike said:

Guess the Packers better get rid of Aaron Rodgers.  QBR is worse in the pocket and out of the pocket. 

And talk about moving the goal post, you said he can't make throws from the pocket, then say he can make some from the pocket, then post a chart showing he is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers.

You are struggling big time.

Care to send me a link to those stats ?? Those are 2019 numbers.  I would like to see those same numbers in 2018, and 2017 especially.  Got a feeling you don't want me to have that info though.

Is Wentz playing like Aaron Rodgers right now?

before everyone starts annotating Hurts as the next QB, lets remember its only ONE game. not a lot of film on Hurts for defensive coordinators to look at. If we looked at ONE game in 2017 for Wentz, we would have been amazed at where we are at now. It takes an offseason for DC to figure out a QB. I don't think we know what we have in Hurts yet. we might know in the last game but probably won't know realistically until next year. 

I don't see any harm in keeping things the same at QB and letting a new coach decide what to do.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

I pulled out my stock on Wentz after Brown's and Giants games that were winnable. Wentz looked like the 2nd coming too in 2017, how's that working in 2020?

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yes because Brees is starting to decline too, just like Wentz.

They've all seen Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson and DeSean Watson to name a few. This isn't some new innovative offense that no one has seen.

They've all got tape on Doug's offense and Andy's before that.

Howie created this whole problem. Extending Wentz 2 years early, the Alshon guaranteed money, bringing back Peters and so on. Not to mention the piss poor drafting trying to outsmart everyone else. That being said we finally got the Super Bowl that I thought would never happen. Since then things have deteriorated rapidly. We may end up being the worst team in the division for years.