Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

His drafts have been HORRIBLE and his FA pick-ups (and lack thereof) have been pretty bad as well post Superbowl.  The Howie honeymoon is officially over.  Have the Howie fanboys migrated to this board as well?  Let's hear it.

Image result for office space basement

Time's yours.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I have one better for you: FIRE HIS ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Letting this travesty happen is final straw!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly if our new WRs coach doesnt improve this kids route running and hands, they will just blame him and fire him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Sadly if our new WRs coach doesnt improve this kids route running and hands, they will just blame him and fire him. 

Haha ofcourse.  It's NEVER Howie's fault.  If he botches this draft again, it will go back to..."Howie's a numbers guy. He needs a football guy to help him with the draft!" Then we hire Joe Douglas 2.0 again and the cycle repeats itself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Haha ofcourse.  It's NEVER Howie's fault.  If he botches this draft again, it will go back to..."Howie's a numbers guy. He needs a football guy to help him with the draft!" Then we hire Joe Douglas 2.0 again and the cycle repeats itself.

This should be Howie's last pick EVER!!!!!!

• Like 2

Going for need over talent is never the right choice. 

• Like 3

CeeDee Lamb, WR, Dallas Cowboys

:facepalm:

Would not have thought I'd ever be seeing that. Just the absolute worst thing that could have happened.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Going for need over talent is never the right choice. 

So Reagor isn't talented? 4.3 speed 42 inch vertical is suddenly not talented now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

So Reagor isn't talented? 4.3 speed 42 inch vertical is suddenly not talented now

below avg route running and hands. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

You know who else had "below" avg route running.... DK metcalf

You do realize route running can be taught and he was in a horrible offense? Yeah he had drops but he also made amazing catches and has shown great potential in high pointing the ball. Totally not talented though right

1 minute ago, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

The ability to run 4.3 yet jump at 42 inches is rare

He's in OBJ territory with his athleticism

Howie should've made a deal with Atlanta at 16.  Terrell would've most likely been there at 21.  I don't think Howie managed that round well at all. It's not about Reagor as much as it is Howie not being able to work the board and make a deal whether it was up or down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KOJO said:

CeeDee Lamb, WR, Dallas Cowboys

:facepalm:

Would not have thought I'd ever be seeing that. Just the absolute worst thing that could have happened.

Too bad he can’t cover anyone. There’s still only 1 ball to go around and they have a horrible secondary. 

let's see the guy in action for us before we destroy him 

Howie Blew it!!! We should have traded up with 49ers and got Lamb. It would have been worth it. Instead we get a WR graded by most as top of the second round. I am very disappointed at the value. I would have been fine with trading back also, instead settling...or picked another position other than WR. Reaching for position is the number 1 reason for team failure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Howie Blew it!!! We should have traded up with 49ers and got Lamb. It would have been worth it. Instead we get a WR graded by most as top of the second round. I am very disappointed at the value. I would have been fine with trading back also, instead settling...or picked another position other than WR. Reaching for position is the number 1 reason for team failure.

#14  might've been too expensive. But, Atlanta at 16 should've been doable.  I would be willing to overpay a little with 2021 picks, especially when you consider there's a chance that there might not be football this year. So, 2021's draft will really be a crapshoot in terms of evaluating players when they have lost an entire season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Serious question, have you EVER watched him play?

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Howie should've made a deal with Atlanta at 16.  Terrell would've most likely been there at 21.  I don't think Howie managed that round well at all. It's not about Reagor as much as it is Howie not being able to work the board and make a deal whether it was up or down.

How do you know he didn’t try? You can’t force a team to trade. And with only having 5 picks the last two years I’m perfectly happy not giving up more picks. 

45 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Serious question, have you EVER watched him play?

How do you know he didn’t try? You can’t force a team to trade. And with only having 5 picks the last two years I’m perfectly happy not giving up more picks. 

I know 49ers were begging other teams for a trade, because they wanted to trade down. Atlanta ..I do not know...but would have been perfect too. Howie gets a solid F for his efforts, whether he tried, or fell asleep at the wheel. There is no way anyone could have known that Lamb would have been available past 12...So at 14 and later there should have been fire alarm bells ringing on top of the city hall. Very disappointed in the first round value.

• Like 3

I’m glad he didn’t take Jefferson at 21. A possession slot receiver isn’t going to make this offense dynamic. A playmaker like Reagor will. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’m glad he didn’t take Jefferson at 21. A possession slot receiver isn’t going to make this offense dynamic. A playmaker like Reagor will. 

Chiefs Hill was not a first rounder. Guess who was, Sammy Watkins. Actually you dont see many top "speed" WRs drafted in the first round and have success. You take complete package WRs first cause they are more limited, then take pure speed projects later. There are still plenty of speed WRs left on the board to bring more dynamic to the offense. Better choice would have been Jefferson and take Duvernal in the 3rd or 4th. Duvernal is just as fast and I think better hands. 

5 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I know 49ers were begging other teams for a trade, because they wanted to trade down. Atlanta ..I do not know...but would have been perfect too. Howie gets a solid F for his efforts, whether he tried, or fell asleep at the wheel. There is no way anyone could have known that Lamb would have been available past 12...So at 14 and later there should have been fire alarm bells ringing on top of the city hall. Very disappointed in the first round value.

Eh whatever man. Got my 4th rated WR in the draft, and didn’t have to move. The trade to go from 21 to 13 would have cost them probably 53, 103 and something else. We’ve had 10 picks total the past two years. I’m glad we didn’t go down to having 5 or less picks for the third year in a row. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Chiefs Hill was not a first rounder. Guess who was, Sammy Watkins. Actually you dont see many top "speed" WRs drafted in the first round. You take complete package WRs first cause they are more limited, then take speed later. There are still plenty of speed WRs left on the board to bring more dynamic to the offense. Better choice would have been Jefferson and take Duvernal in the 3rd or 4th. Duvernal is just as fast and I think better hands. 

Considering you don’t even know Devin Duvernay’s name I’m gonna guess you’re complaining strictly based off the fact that whatever mock you liked the past few weeks didn’t come true, since you clearly have very little firsthand knowledge of college football. 

• Haha 1