Time to put Howie back in the basement? - Discuss Howie Roseman here

ToDie4Eagles

2 hours ago, Eagles_All_Day said:

Jefferson plays on the outside for the rams. No way they would have taken Jefferson that high. Jefferson didn't go until the end of the 2nd.

Jefferson 5-76

Reagor 5-96

Jefferson on the Vikings.

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Instead of being reminded in every single thread about his picks and the immediate Cap future issues, we need a permanent Howie has to Go Post. We need to start collecting signatures before presenting it to Laurie and other media members, as the fans sentiment. I would hate DP being blamed for Howie's mistakes at the end of the season. It is imperative to Stop Howie from participating in any more draft selections, at the very least.

2020 Draft was final straw for me. Cowboys ended up getting Lamb, Diggs, and even a Center because of this moron Howie. What would be better if if it could go on ballot. Even us fans can do better.

• Like 3

What’s it like on Philly sports radio? Are there a million calls on Howie? I’m just hoping Lurie is getting the message. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

They should consult this board in draft picks.  So many guys we agreed on that are balling in the NFL.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but this is actually the sad truth.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

What’s it like on Philly sports radio? Are there a million calls on Howie? I’m just hoping Lurie is getting the message. 

Howie is to Lurie what Garrett was to Jerry Jones. It will take a lot for Lurie to can him.  But, Howie isn't getting it done. His drafts are subpar. And, now we are in a bad cap situation with players whose skills are declining.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Not sure if you're joking or not, but this is actually the sad truth.  

I think it is fair to say that there are a number of members on this board that probably would do a better job than Howie. They see talented players, they look at what conference those players are coming from and they understand the likelihood of that player working in the NFL or not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

2020 Draft was final straw for me. Cowboys ended up getting Lamb, Diggs, and even a Center because of this moron Howie. What would be better if if it could go on ballot. Even us fans can do better.

Howie deserves his share of criticism, but stop pushing the narrative that Dallas got Lamb because of Howie. You can’t force teams to trade with you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Howie deserves his share of criticism, but stop pushing the narrative that Dallas got Lamb because of Howie. You can’t force teams to trade with you. 

Pretty sure Atlanta would’ve taken the Eagles 2nd rounder to trade up. Normally, I would say that’s way too much to move up 5 picks but when you draft a gimmick QB with that 2nd it seems like a no-brainer. Kind of like when they wouldn’t trade their 4th to move up to draft Dalvin Cook and ended up drafting Cindy Jones in the 2nd and Donnell Pumphrey with the 4th. 

7 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Pretty sure Atlanta would’ve taken the Eagles 2nd rounder to trade up. Normally, I would say that’s way too much to move up 5 picks but when you draft a gimmick QB with that 2nd it seems like a no-brainer. Kind of like when they wouldn’t trade their 4th to move up to draft Dalvin Cook and ended up drafting Cindy Jones in the 2nd and Donnell Pumphrey with the 4th. 

Even if they got Lamb it wouldn’t matter, because the quarterback is so out of whack right now. In a way the fact they kept that pick and used it for Wentz insurance might have been a good idea, because the dude is flaking out right now. Time will tell if the made the right choice in a Wentz replacement. Still there’s plenty of other drafts Howie has screwed up. The 2014 and 2017 drafts alone are some complete Howie duds. Heck if Carson keeps flaking out it’s pretty much a death nil for the 2016 draft as well. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it is fair to say that there are a number of members on this board that probably would do a better job than Howie. They see talented players, they look at what conference those players are coming from and they understand the likelihood of that player working in the NFL or not.

I could literally throw darts at names on a wall and draft better than Howie. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you're going to throw darts at a draft board, just try to aim high.  You'll at least have to do that.  Then you probably can.

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

If you're going to throw darts at a draft board, just try to aim high.  You'll at least have to do that.  Then you probably can.

As long as I keep the rugby players and firemen off my board I’m sure I would be fine. 😂

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

As long as I keep the rugby players and firemen off my board I’m sure I would be fine. 😂

This team is a dumpster fire right now. One or two firemen in later rounds may not be a bad idea. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

This team is a dumpster fire right now. One or two firemen in later rounds may not be a bad idea. 

Don’t tell Howie that. He might draft Danny Watkins again. 😂🤣😂🤣

6FAC0B5C-164C-410A-8125-2EEDFAF0E995.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think that's what he does anyway... he's just a really bad shot.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Instead of being reminded in every single thread about his picks and the immediate Cap future issues, we need a permanent Howie has to Go Post. We need to start collecting signatures before presenting it to Laurie and other media members, as the fans sentiment. I would hate DP being blamed for Howie's mistakes at the end of the season. It is imperative to Stop Howie from participating in any more draft selections, at the very least.

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Or Hurts wasn’t drafted as a "gimmick qb” but as insurance against Wentz either getting injured again, or just failing to improve (which he is showing now). Nobody may want to acknowledge it, but I 100% believe that Howie and Doug are not sold on Wentz after seeing a lot of his struggles last season, so they took Hurts just in case. I also believe Carson’s leash isn’t nearly as long as some think. I believe if he has a few more duds early in the season, Doug will absolutely turn to Hurts and see what he can do in his offense. 

16 minutes ago, nipples said:

Or Hurts wasn’t drafted as a "gimmick qb” but as insurance against Wentz either getting injured again, or just failing to improve (which he is showing now). Nobody may want to acknowledge it, but I 100% believe that Howie and Doug are not sold on Wentz after seeing a lot of his struggles last season, so they took Hurts just in case. I also believe Carson’s leash isn’t nearly as long as some think. I believe if he has a few more duds early in the season, Doug will absolutely turn to Hurts and see what he can do in his offense. 

Hurts will be worse. He comes in with red flags. F'ing stupid pick by Howie.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I hope I’m wrong about Hurts but I never viewed him as an NFL starting QB- maybe backup at best.

I think Howie saw what Baltimore did with Lamar Jackson and copied them but Hurts isn’t half the athlete Lamar is. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t tell Howie that. He might draft Danny Watkins again. 😂🤣😂🤣

6FAC0B5C-164C-410A-8125-2EEDFAF0E995.jpeg

He could then trade him to a west coast team. We could use some out here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, CaliEagle said:

He could then trade him to a west coast team. We could use some out here.

Man be safe out there. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Man be safe out there. 

I'm fine. I'm not near them. But, we are still getting the smoke.  The smoke was incredible state-wide.  Never seen smoke travel so far before.  The smoke is better now, but last week it was crazy. The sun was completely blocked out.