EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

35 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

At 38:30, you get to see Nick Sirianni react to the Colts drafting Michael Pittman and Jonathan Taylor. :lol: 

I think he liked it. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

No way does Micah Parson last until #15.

And if we have knowledge that he might slide we should definitely trade down to 10 or 11.

2 hours ago, schuy7 said:

At 38:30, you get to see Nick Sirianni react to the Colts drafting Michael Pittman and Jonathan Taylor. :lol: 

You have to clink the link that takes you to YouTube since it's the NFL's video and this isn't the official EMB.

Javontae is sorta like Taylor. I just don't think I love the idea of a RB in round two though considering the state of our defense and wide receivers and I want another quality interior o-lineman to unseat Isaac.

1 hour ago, Right4thePicking said:

And if we have knowledge that he might slide we should definitely trade down to 10 or 11.

The guy can slide to twenty, they still won't take him. May as well sulk now and get it over with to lessen the draft day blues. 

Looking at Jeremiah's top 20, i'd be totally fine with trading to the 10-18 range. Even twice while staying within this range if the opportunity presents itself. I love the two receivers at 6, so if either are there it will severely sting to pass them up. If gone however, it would make it easier.

There's a couple d-linemen, versatile o-linemen that can be plugged inside, Pitts. I'm in the belief we are ok at OT if Lane's ankle is ok. I like Driscoll backing him up too. Now if our medical staff doesn't think he will be the same then that changes the tides. I'm going off the belief he has the surgery to correct the issue and he will return to form or pretty darn close which is still a pro bowl level.

This team needs so much I think it's in the best interest to get a small bunch of quality selections while staying in the top 18.  This is a multi year build, unfortunately, and quantity plus quality will help begin the transformation. 

14 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

McCown seriously??    That’s embarrassing.  Is that really true?  

I'd take him here as a q.b. coach. But head coach?

13 hours ago, Desertbirds said:

:offtopic:

For the lawyers out there:

Can you recommend some readings describing exactly what constitutes creating a hostile work environment? I am serving as "counsel" to a colleague who Is facing a disciplinary hearing at my university.

His crimes?

He said "Hello ladies" to a group of female graduate students and referred to a male job applicant as "charming." 

There are other "offenses", but you get the drift.

Geez every time I run i say hello to both men and women running. If there are more than 1 I usually say hello ladies or hello guys. 

11 hours ago, austinfan said:

I turned 56, was laid off b/c my boss was a fool and ignored my advice and our 12 person firm became a 2 person firm in two years.

I thought with a great resume, it would only take a few months, instead a decade later, over 500 job applications, house gone, savings depleted, waiting for SS since they raised the age for my tranche of the baby boom.

I couldn't even get more than a couple interviews, much less a job. Show you're current? How about a series of heavily downloaded working papers, co-author a paper in a professional journal in the field, and a seminal book?

All that got me was some consulting work for a couple years.

My advice to anyone approaching 50 is assume you'll be laid off by 60 (a recession every decade and you'll be the first to go) and you'll never make the kind of money you're currently making again.

Thought it was me until I did research, 50+% of men over 50 get laid off at some point, and only 10% ever make similar money again. Age discrimination is ubiquitous, in business, academia, law and consulting - and forget a government job, the ten point preference for current federal employees and veterans makes that impossible. It's the dirty secret that all those ads about your great retirement hide - maybe 10-20% will remain employed long enough to avoid tapping into their retirement savings (try buying health insurance when you're 60, at least Obama Care has helped a little). Even law partners have been pushed to the street in droves the last decade.

With millenials in the work place now some companies (like mine) are trying to make packages to keep older workers (like myself). I'm still going to retire as soon as I possibly can. 

11 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Well Joe it was reported that people were told during the interviews that the team wanted to hold onto Wentz. Also he would be a hell of a cap hit.

9 hours ago, Freshmilk said:

I hope you are wrong and I hope you hope you are wrong

Please stop quoting that clown.

7 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Guess who won the lottery boys!

That's right. I got two numbers AND the powerball! Ten bucks baby!

Congrats 

13 hours ago, BigEFly said:

I think the 5+ forty had an impact.

But the tape!  They saw my top end speed and short area quickness.

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Some of what I learned yesterday on the EMB.  

- Josh McKown makes sense as a Head Coach. :wacko:

I must have missed that part.  Who said it makes sense?

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I must have missed that part.  Who said it makes sense?

Clearly the Texans 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Far be it from me, the EIC to call someone out in the Blog.   

Hint: Blogs Howie Roseman clone.   

I slipped past a bunch of those yesterday, too much lawyering talk.

58 minutes ago, greend said:

Well Joe it was reported that people were told during the interviews that the team wanted to hold onto Wentz. Also he would be a hell of a cap hit.

Banner has offered some great insight in the past. I feel like lately he's trying to stay relevant and throwing stuff like this out there. Now, if he's right that's one thing but it seems like he's been saying a lot lately and none of it happens like he said. Then he backtracks and spins it.  

10 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm sure we would want that.  I just don't think it will make a difference.  Wentz is as broken as broken can be and has sunk this franchise.  They just keep digging themselves into a bigger hole the more they stick with him.   But they made their bed, they've been sleeping in it...and they are going to sleep in it for at least 1 more losing season.  

lol. ok you are entitled to your opinion.

But in order to have that opinion, you have to believe the 3 years he played pretty well were THE aberration, and not the 1 year he played poorly. 

and overlook the fact that the year he played poorly he had the worst oline (14 different rotations in 16 games) some pretty pathetic wr play, and a hc who called the most veritcal passing plays in the league when his oline and wrs sucks. 

so yes you are entitled to be illogical if you wish to be.

56 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

- Josh McKown makes sense as a Head Coach. :wacko:

someone stated they plan to bring in at least one former hc to help him

BTW i hear Doug Pedersen might be available...

lol

15 hours ago, Desertbirds said:

:offtopic:

For the lawyers out there:

Can you recommend some readings describing exactly what constitutes creating a hostile work environment? I am serving as "counsel" to a colleague who Is facing a disciplinary hearing at my university.

His crimes?

He said "Hello ladies" to a group of female graduate students and referred to a male job applicant as "charming." 

There are other "offenses", but you get the drift.

As a current student in Law school, I can speak a little bit about how Canadian jurisprudence tackles this topic, It in all likelihood it is not a 1 to 1 with the US, but can provide insight into how a sister jurisdiction views this area of law.

Hostile work environment when relating to this sort of topic can be defined as "unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that detrimentally affects the work environment or leads to adverse job-related consequences for the victims of harassment".

In Canada it has 3 part test:

1 - be of a sexual nature;

The conduct does not need to be overt, it can be subtle and even a one time event can suffice to satisfy the threshold.

2 - be unwelcome;

This part requires an objective assessment of whether it is reasonable to conclude that a reasonable person would have recognized the conduct as unwelcome in the circumstances. However, a delay in reporting or lack of evidence of protest is not required.

3 - result in adverse consequences for the complainant.

Depends on the facts. Undermining of personal dignity can qualify.

In the case of your colleague, the female graduate students can forward an argument that his specific way of greeting them has sexual undertones, is unwelcomed, and is undermining their personal dignity. If you want to read some cases on this, I can recommend  the case of Janzen v. Platy Enterprises Ltd., 1989 CanLII 97. Hope this helps, I would recommend reaching out to a legal helpline that is versed in your jurisdiction's approach to this and get actual legal advice. Good luck.

Yeah I have more faith in Lurie now - Letting Doug go and trying to bring in a HC who would play to the strength of their players, and not try to force players to do something that does not fit their skillset.

And yeah, I cant see how anyone would think this guy is washed up, cant play, was trash, is trash, is broken, when we know Doug was doing stupid things like calling the most vertical pass plays, ignoring the run game when your oline has trouble giving your qb time and your Wr's suck. Doug may very well be a QB killer. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what SirianniS  can do with this guy's obvious talent and ability

20 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

lol. ok you are entitled to your opinion.

But in order to have that opinion, you have to believe the 3 years he played pretty well were THE aberration, and not the 1 year he played poorly. 

and overlook the fact that the year he played poorly he had the worst oline (14 different rotations in 16 games) some pretty pathetic wr play, and a hc who called the most veritcal passing plays in the league when his oline and wrs sucks. 

so yes you are entitled to be illogical if you wish to be.

Wentz has never been consistently good.  He was good in 2017 then for the final 4 games of 2019...with a few decent games mixed in.    He was pretty bad for most of 2018 (despite what the stats tell you). 

10 hours ago, Freshmilk said:

I hope you are wrong and I hope you hope you are wrong

Why would I hope I am wrong?  I don't care either way at this point.  This franchise continues to make moves that I am against so I am no longer emotionally attached to what they do. 

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Wentz has never been consistently good.  He was good in 2017 then for the final 4 games of 2019...with a few decent games mixed in.    He was pretty bad for most of 2018 (despite what the stats tell you). 

The bolded made me laugh so hard I spit out my drink. 

Again, you are entitled your own opinions. My guess is there is an agenda you have against Wentz, for what ever reason, you just dont like him. 

Hey I didn't like Vick, but I gave him credit where he did well, what his abilities were. Because I am objective in nature. Not all of us can be. Carry on.

Archived