Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason - politics belong in CVON

Fascinating. Who knows how this will go. Could easily bottom out in two years, could also be a great young offensive head coach.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Welp - Time to pick a side.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Fascinating. Who knows how this will go. Could easily bottom out in two years, could also be a great young offensive head coach.

Why not both

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

It's not a gimmicky college coach and its not an Andy Reid tree hire or retread coach. It's something new, and that's exciting. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I am ok with this. Lets see who the DC is going to be. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

It's not a gimmicky college coach and its not an Andy Reid tree hire. It's something new, and that's exciting. 

Yeah, he's who I wanted of the candidates. We'll see.

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

No one is telling you have to be happy about it. However when you go I’m gonna take my ball go home because it’s not the candidate you like and you just give up on the team that’s when people have issues with it.

I don’t particularly love Josh McDaniels however if they hired him as the coach I’m willing to give him a chance and see where it goes. Frankly because I can’t change it because I’m not the owner. However with you it is  "well if it’s not Josh McDaniels that means her plan was stupid all along and I’m not gonna be here anymore and I’m done with them.” That seems kind of ridiculous

I honestly don't care and don't understand why anyone would care if a fan is disinterested in the team and wants to take a break

• Like 2

Cool. To be honest I don't know much about him but I hope he does well. There are definitely more coaching moves to come I'm sure as we still don't have a DC or OC.

Just now, Ipiggles said:

I am ok with this. Lets see who the DC is going to be. 

Juan  Castillo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This is a disappointment given that in theory we could have had Lincoln Riley or Robert Saleh.

However, I'll take Sirianni over Josh McDaniels, Eric Bieniemy, Mike Kafka, etc.

• Like 2

I feel like it was the 'safe' hire for Lurie

8 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

I have no idea. What the team does anymore defies all logic. Lurie just had a press conference where he absolved Howie of all blame for any roster decision. If the Eagles flipped a coin and picked a coach it wouldn't surprise me.

Would you honestly be stunned if say they thought they were leaning McDaniels or Brady, but Sirianni came in there and charmed Lurie and drove home some trite talking point, a la Andy Reid's infamous harping on the importance of the long snapper in his interview with Lurie, and Lurie came away so impressed with his nuance and that Lurie came out of the interview going "We gotta bring this guy in here, he's so unique!"

I would be  more surprised if the Eagles had no clue who he was or his background or his history and just went into the interview not knowing anything about him and allow him to charm them. I feel like you have this belief that the Eagles had no clue who this guy was I’ve never heard of him in their lives before conducting this interview. There’s a reason why sports illustrated and the athletic had big stories on him the last two years. There’s a reason why he was a candidate for the Browns head-coaching job last year. There’s a reason why the athletic had him as one of their 40 under 40. 

I have a hard time believing they had no idea who he was or his past history. I’m guessing before they set an interview they conduct a separate interview or research team to find everything they can about that person.

frankly I still believe it’s just you not being happy because it’s not the candidate you wanted.

WE GOT OUR GUY!!!!

I know, we settled for option d-z

• Haha 1

Just now, RLC said:

This is a disappointment given that in theory we could have had Lincoln Riley or Robert Saleh.

However, I'll take Sirianni over Josh McDaniels, Eric Bieniemy, Mike Kafka, etc.

No, we couldn't of had Riley or Saleh. Neither wanted to come here 

Alright, let’s hope for the best.  May be great, may be bad, who knows?

1 up: Colts fans seem unhappy that he’s leaving.

1 down: As far as I can tell, his only interview was with the Eagles.  So as predicted, the Eagles nabbed someone with no other options.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RLC said:

You like what you’ve read this week 

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

No, we couldn't of had Riley or Saleh. Neither wanted to come here 

I think we could have gotten Riley...had we fired Howie 😞

It makes me happy that the Eagles were dragging thier feet the entire time but when they interviewed Sirianni they jumped at him

Seems like he's touched, coached, and advised under some good offensive minds at a ton of different positons. 

Todd Haley as the OC? 

Just now, RLC said:

I think we could have gotten Riley...had we fired Howie 😞

We all know that was never an option for the owner. Like it or not Howie is here to stay and probably for the long term.