EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

I'm sure we would want that.  I just don't think it will make a difference.  Wentz is as broken as broken can be and has sunk this franchise.  They just keep digging themselves into a bigger hole the more they stick with him.   But they made their bed, they've been sleeping in it...and they are going to sleep in it for at least 1 more losing season.  

I hope you are wrong and I hope you hope you are wrong

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Boring rather have Sewell if we can’t get Chase

I want the best players on the team on the lines and at QB, but offensive line first.  If the line is great, the offense has a chance.

1 hour ago, greendestiny27 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets

Trevor Lawrence

Zach Wilson

Ja'Marr Chase

Trey Lance

Rashawn Slater

Eagles - Patrick Surtain

DeVonta Smith

Justin Fields 

Caleb Farley

Cowboys - Penei Sewell

Giants - Jaylen Waddle

Slater before Sewell?

2 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I hope this holds and we get Sewell 

I want Chase or Smith as badly as anybody, but if Sewell is there at #6, you pick him, no doubt about it.

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

I want Chase or Smith as badly as anybody, but if Sewell is there at #6, you pick him, no doubt about it.

Agreed 

19 minutes ago, bbabraham said:

Slater before Sewell?

That's the word on the street 

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If so, i'm sticking Sewell at LG. Isaac can be the top back up. 

24 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

If so, i'm sticking Sewell at LG. Isaac can be the top back up. 

Washington got a 4 time Pro Bowler out of Brandon Scherff, a T moved to G. Four times is worthy of that pick no matter the position. 

44 minutes ago, bbabraham said:

Slater before Sewell?

Hell, Sewell falls to 10. What, because he sat out?  Or because the cowpads need a T? Yet Chase, who was greener than Sewell rises to 3.  Nonsense. I like Surtain but I suspect we can trade down to get him.

I mean I’ll take Chase too, either or

45 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

No way does Micah Parson last until #15.

Sure there is.  One year wonder who has a bit of a reputation of being immature. Plus he is a linebacker with questionable cover skills joining a passing league,  Huge question on how the opt outs fare. Same with some that opted out of the NFL.  Raise you hand if you think Marquise Goodwin is an Eagle after he moves from the Covid Opt Out list.  Only way I see that is if they feel they can trade him for a conditional bag of used balls.

15 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Sure there is.  One year wonder who has a bit of a reputation of being immature. Plus he is a linebacker with questionable cover skills joining a passing league,  Huge question on how the opt outs fare. Same with some that opted out of the NFL.  Raise you hand if you think Marquise Goodwin is an Eagle after he moves from the Covid Opt Out list.  Only way I see that is if they feel they can trade him for a conditional bag of used balls.

Goodwins contract tolls so he’s a 1 year for basically vet minimum. I don’t think it’s the craziest thing in the world they bring him to camp and he potentially makes the roster 

Guess who won the lottery boys!

That's right. I got two numbers AND the powerball! Ten bucks baby!

9 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Take the annuity 

3 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets

Trevor Lawrence

Zach Wilson

Ja'Marr Chase

Trey Lance

Rashawn Slater

Eagles - Patrick Surtain

DeVonta Smith

Justin Fields 

Caleb Farley

Cowboys - Penei Sewell

Giants - Jaylen Waddle

If we don’t take Sewell there I’d be pissed. I get he didn’t play this year however i think he’s a better prospect than surtain and i like surtain. Plus you don’t know what dillard, lane is aging and deteriorating and mailata has upside and looked good but i can’t say he’s a lock. Sewell imo is too good to pass up at 6th. 

37 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Make sure you pay the taxes on it. Don’t need the government coming after you over it. Lol

I'm 100% on board with Pitts at 6, I think he's gotta be the safest pick in the entire draft and has the highest ceiling as well. How well he moves at 6'6" 240 is unbelievable, 0 drops, A++ at adjusting and making contested catches, and is the ultimate mismatch weapon

Truly, he moves so well that people calling him a tight end are grossly underestimating how good he is. He's a top 5-10 WR prospect ALONE, with the ridiculous versatility to line up with his hand in the ground next to a tackle if you wanted him to do that.

Even if we didn't hire Sirianni and want to utilize 12 personnel more frequently, just as purely a WR prospect, I'd be all in at 6 for this guy. It's as close to can't miss as you can possibly get

4 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

Trevor Lawrence

Zach Wilson

Ja'Marr Chase

Trey Lance

Rashawn Slater

Eagles - Patrick Surtain

DeVonta Smith

Justin Fields 

Caleb Farley

Cowboys - Penei Sewell

Giants - Jaylen Waddle

If sewell falls to 6 someone will be banging down the door to trade up and take him. So the eagles take him and get a possible top flight tackle or they get a nice trade down offer. But they will not pass on him if he's there, it's not how they operate.

You can then trade dillard to a tackle needy team in camp and have sewell sit behind lane until lane is gone, then roll mailata and sewell. Or you move sewell to LG and seumalo to C and make dillard learn behind lane.

29 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

I'm 100% on board with Pitts at 6, I think he's gotta be the safest pick in the entire draft and has the highest ceiling as well. How well he moves at 6'6" 240 is unbelievable, 0 drops, A++ at adjusting and making contested catches, and is the ultimate mismatch weapon

Truly, he moves so well that people calling him a tight end are grossly underestimating how good he is. He's a top 5-10 WR prospect ALONE, with the ridiculous versatility to line up with his hand in the ground next to a tackle if you wanted him to do that.

Even if we didn't hire Sirianni and want to utilize 12 personnel more frequently, just as purely a WR prospect, I'd be all in at 6 for this guy. It's as close to can't miss as you can possibly get

image.gif.dfb60bcbdf8037ac40fba60e730d04c2.gif

At 38:30, you get to see Nick Sirianni react to the Colts drafting Michael Pittman and Jonathan Taylor. :lol: 

You have to clink the link that takes you to YouTube since it's the NFL's video and this isn't the official EMB.

Archived