EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

An affidavit in a binder for press purposes does not equate to one filed in a court proceeding and it much less likely to warrant a perjury charge, I would think we would both agree. I believe that most of the affidavits suggested in earlier posts never were attached to a court pleading.  You and I both play (played in my case) in the judicial arena and we know the price.  I will never forget the pure joy of winning a bogus venue challenge by showing the affiant could not have been truthful.  She was sanctioned, dropped by her attorneys as a litigant and lucky to not serve jail time.  Knowing the firm involved, to this day, I suspect they had a role in the false swearing as they had previously tampered with evidence. Presenting a binder at Doug Mastriano’s bogus "hearing” would not warrant the same level of scrutiny for perjury as an affidavit filed in court.  I believe absent the use of such affidavits in a legal proceeding that false swearing would not rise to the level of a perjury charge.  

Nothing is better than catching someone in a lie on the stand and nothing is worse than having your client caught in one.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Win column to the NFL

That's awesome to do for the healthcare workers

Except the vaccine isn't 100 effective nor do we know the real world effectiveness. They need to social distance, etc, etc

4 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Has the Eagles or Sirianni even come out publicly and announced this hiring?

Nope.

Sirianni renegs on an "agreement in principle" to stay with the coaching god of the Midwest, Frank Reich.... Imagine the symmetry.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

God bless the Texans for killing any national Eagles talk of hiring a bad coach.

Definitely lol this is going to take over the offseason if they hire McCown

2 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Except the vaccine isn't 100 effective nor do we know the real world effectiveness. They need to social distance, etc, etc

Just appreciate them giving free tickets to the healthcare workers and move along

43 minutes ago, DelCo-lin said:

The history and statistics suggest it's a systemic problem. Can I prove to what extent it exists today? Probably not. Anyway, I agree with all your other points about the Eagles reasons for hiring Sirianni.

There is a danger in using long term history and stats.  Blacks cannot play QB may have been an issue in my youth but seems a farce today. I think systemic gets thrown around a bit too much today.  I think personally ingrained and maybe subconscious may be more appropriate terms but I honestly believe that most larger organizations are trying to achieve overall diversity but battle against ingrained blind spots every day.  I think organizationally the blind spot for Lurie’s Eagles may be AR and his binder. Sirianni strikes me as an AR binder kind of guy.

I’m not a fan of Anthony Lynn as OC, but if we could get him to come here as the assistant head coach/RBs coach a la Duce, that would be fantastic. Sign me up for that. 

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

There is a danger in using long term history and stats.  Blacks cannot play QB may have been an issue in my youth but seems a farce today. I think systemic gets thrown around a bit too much today.  I think personally ingrained and maybe subconscious may be more appropriate terms but I honestly believe that most larger organizations are trying to achieve overall diversity but battle against ingrained blind spots every day.  I think organizationally the blind spot for Lurie’s Eagles may be AR and his binder. Sirianni strikes me as an AR binder kind of guy.

It strikes me how this comment almost perfectly mirrors your Edward Murrow quote. Nice!

:offtopic:

For the lawyers out there:

Can you recommend some readings describing exactly what constitutes creating a hostile work environment? I am serving as "counsel" to a colleague who Is facing a disciplinary hearing at my university.

His crimes?

He said "Hello ladies" to a group of female graduate students and referred to a male job applicant as "charming." 

There are other "offenses", but you get the drift.

Everyone in the media making a big deal over Bieniemy not being hired as a HC yet and using the race card is getting annoying.

For one his issues off the field from his past is not good. You go to his Wikipedia page and there’s a bit there, I was surprised. I know people can change so I’ll give him benefit of the doubt there. 

But maybe he just hasn’t found a HC job yet he really wants. Everyone’s trashing the Eagles for not hiring him when it’s more likely he just didn’t want to go to Philly or any of these other HC jobs, and I really can’t blame him. He’s got the nicest offensive coordinator job in the league. He gets to coach the best QB, best TE, best deep threat WR, a young and up and coming RB, and a stable OL. Why leave that to try and sort out the Eagles, Jets, or Texans mess? Only jobs I would of wanted if I was him would of been Jacksonville or Chargers gigs. 

3 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

:offtopic:

For the lawyers out there:

Can you recommend some readings describing exactly what constitutes creating a hostile work environment? I am serving as "counsel" to a colleague who Is facing a disciplinary hearing at my university.

His crimes?

He said "Hello ladies" to a group of female graduate students and referred to a male job applicant as "charming." 

There are other "offenses", but you get the drift.

Did he say "Hello ladies" normally or did he Val Venis it?

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't know what that means.

15 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Yup I think they've had a total of 3 people die from corona after being given the vaccine, so like anything though that's a fraction of a % nothing is fool proof.

Just now, Desertbirds said:

I don't know what that means.

90's WWF reference but don't google it unless you wanna see a roided up dude strip out of his bath towel. 

90's WWF reference but don't google it unless you wanna see a roided up dude strip out of his bath towel. 

Thanks for the warning - I'll pass.

His entrance always made me so uncomfortable, I usually skipped his matches.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ugh I hated that guy. 

8 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

His entrance always made me so uncomfortable, I usually skipped his matches.

He was horrible 😂 

Funny how he just happened to partner up with a pimp for a while at the end of his career 

12 minutes ago, DelCo-lin said:

It strikes me how this comment almost perfectly mirrors your Edward Murrow quote. Nice!

Thanks.  I generally hope we were all inspired and sang along with Garth on Wednesday.  I have always found inspiration (albeit probably different than most) in the verse:

I once was lost but now I’m found,
Was blind but now I see.

It is a daily task for all of us to overcome our blind spots and see clearly and full hearted. I probably fail more than I should but I will try again tomorrow.  I kind of suspect Jeff Lurie feels similarly.  My favorite rich owner by a large magnitude. 

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I forgot all about Val Venis. Now I can't un-remember him. Thanks <_<

A black coach with Sirianni's resume would have been snatched up.

But RB coach without WR and QB coaching, then OC under a top offensive HC, is going to raise questions.

And it's up to coaches to make the right career moves - if Juan Castillo had told AR that he needed a few years coaching LBs and the secondary before becoming a DC, he might be a top DC and on a short list to be a HC.

Duce had to leave Philly, and needed to coach something else besides RB.

People make a big deal of play calling, but that seems to be a non-starter, look how many HCs did fine without any play calling experience as OCs. If you're hip to hip with a first rate offensive mind for 3 years, you should pick up the basics. Building the playbook is probably more important than which play you pull out of the book.

The nitty gritty of coaching different positions has real value, AR was an OL coach, then a QB coach, for example.

That's why I liked Sirianni more than Smith once I saw his history, he has done a lot of WR and QB coaching, and on the Eagles, with Stoutland (expecting them to announce an extension and raise), they'll have their bases covered. The more you know about the jobs the people you're managing are doing, the better you should be at managing and mentoring them.

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

He was horrible 😂 

Funny how he just happened to partner up with a pimp for a while at the end of his career 

I still can’t believe my parents never made me leave or turn away when he was on. I was like 6 years old watching that ish & my parents let it happen 😂

Archived