EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

50 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

LOL- no I like wentz cause he is a franchise qb, who lost confidence in his WR's Oline and HC. FOR OBVIOUS reasons.  And franchise QB's are super hard to find. Thats just a fact. When you have one, you need to keep them. If you want to be blind to what was behind the cause of wentz's issues this year, thats up to you. No he is not perfect and he needs to play better, WE AT LEAST KNOW HE CAN. 

go ahead tell me how wrong I am , that he never played well. SO I can laugh some more. 

what's so funny about defending a qb that put this team in a 4-11 record? what's so funny that a qb just makes same mistakes over and over again and doesnt fix it? im not laughing because it's not funny, it's not fun seeing this team 4-11, it's not fun seeing the qb doing the same things over and over again. if it's funny to you it means you enjoy seeing this team lose regardless of how wentz plays. i bet you were throwing a rage fit when the eagles won the sb with foles because you wanted wentz to win it.

sorry but you cant make someone a franchise qb because you are jealous of the patriots and chiefs having one. if you have to keep finding that guy, you cant force it on anyone even if it's someone you like.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

How often do I have to post this? 

Wentz stats 2018 and 2019:

2018:  QBR Rank = 12, QB Rating Rank =7

2019: QBR Rank = 11, QB Rating Rank = 13

All above the median, so he is not "below average" or a "C-" or a "D"

Apparently we are supposed to throw stats out the window and just say "he sucked” based on nothing 

17 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Oh please. Enough with those foolish stats. We all watched those games and came away with different impressions of Carson. We all saw his uneven play against the Titans, Jags, Panthers, Vikings and ultimately the Saints (not even bringing up the two games against the Cowboys) in 2018. We all saw his uneven play against the Redskins, Falcons, Lions, Vikings, Cowboys (first game), Seahawks and Patroits in 2019. We all saw his garbage play this year. His end of game stats don’t tell the full story.  

How many "uneven” games did he even have in 2017? One? Maybe two?

We don’t even know if 2020 was rock bottom for him.

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

LOL

What OC calls plays these days, if he works for a former OC? AR didn't, Reich didn't, and so on.

Designing the plays and filling out the playbook is the key to playcalling, if you've constructed a series of plays that work with your personnel, how hard is the actual playcalling? Most of it is basically mechanical, you have only so many plays you can call in each situation (more for 2nd and 4 than 3rd and 8), so it's just a matter of developing a feel for what might work against different defensive formations. And a healthy gut.

If you don't have good plays that fit your personnel, the most brilliant "poker player" play caller is going to fail. Because you can't draw up a play in the dirt on Sunder with the play clock ticking down.

So I'll take the guy who has demonstrated that he understands what works with his personnel over the guy with the great feel for which play to call.

It was the right call but my guys couldn't execute is on the HC.

18 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

One of the things I noticed when going to other teams reddit pages to get insight on the coaches we were interviewing. A big portion of every fan base thinks their coaches suck. I was shocked when I read Colts fans don't like Reich's play calling and were hoping he'd give up play calling duties to Sirianni or someone else. Given that Reich is lauded as a god amongst Eagles fans. A bunch of Patriots fans didn't like McDaniels and thought he was overrated and was a bad play calling, but good game planner. Cowboys fans like Kellen Moore way more than McCarthy. Sometimes you think Eagles fans are unique in this regard, but really aren't. Until last year, I saw so many Chiefs fans despise Reid for being a terrible choke artist, and their fans had vicious debates on their communities just like Eagles fans did when Reid was here.

That's because most fans are idiots.  Just because they've played Madden a few times, they think they could be amazing play callers.  How hard could it be?

If a fan continually cries about playcalling, they're likely one of those idiots. 

20 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

what's so funny about defending a qb that put this team in a 4-11 record? what's so funny that a qb just makes same mistakes over and over again and doesnt fix it? im not laughing because it's not funny, it's not fun seeing this team 4-11, it's not fun seeing the qb doing the same things over and over again. if it's funny to you it means you enjoy seeing this team lose regardless of how wentz plays. i bet you were throwing a rage fit when the eagles won the sb with foles because you wanted wentz to win it.

sorry but you cant make someone a franchise qb because you are jealous of the patriots and chiefs having one. if you have to keep finding that guy, you cant force it on anyone even if it's someone you like.

What’s your solution?  Hurts was worse 

4 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

Why would I hope I am wrong?  I don't care either way at this point.  This franchise continues to make moves that I am against so I am no longer emotionally attached to what they do. 

OK.

2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Hmmm... wasnt it Howie's idea to bring him in?  Yup.  Still Howie's fault.  See the way it works is, the GM is to blame/credit for all moves good, bad or in between.

19 hours ago, jwill2420 said:

He was horrible 😂 

Funny how he just happened to partner up with a pimp for a while at the end of his career 

Didn't they call that team "Supply and Demand"? :roll:

13 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

What’s your solution?  Hurts was worse 

Jalen Hurts was a rookie making rookie mistakes in his first few NFL starts.

Carson Wentz was a 5 year veteran making rookie mistakes all season long.

Not the same.

28 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

LOL

Josh McDaniels actually got to call plays this year.  Do we really believe he did with Brady?  I could care less if he called plays.  What I want to see is his design and scheme and coaching and designing to his players’ strengths.  He may just hire an OC that calls plays.  It is a little early to be passing judgment but then again, Lombardi is a failed personnel guy.

38 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

I find this irrational hate of wentz interestingly funny. Did Wentz hurt you somehow? Did your ex find him better looking than you? Did he dump your sister?   Nah sorry I missed it you thought Foles should have stayed. And you are mad because Wentz is here and not Foles, completely overlooking the rest of Fole's career, just like you are doing with Wentz. You are overlooking Foles career outside of the one season with Chip and his 3 good games under Doug and Frank. I bet you didn't even watch any of his games on the Rams or the Bears or the Jags...  Just a guess. And you are overlooking wentz's 3-4 years of Good QB play vs this one bad year where he did not play well. So you are basically throwing logic reason and factual evidence out the window because Wentz is still here and Foles is gone. 

I will show you how rational I am: I liked Foles from the start, I thought they never should have traded him for Sam Bradford, I stated it at the time, You can win a SB with Foles. I was proven correct about that. But here's the thing, Wentz is still a better QB than Foles. Foles has had crazy highs in his career, unsustainable unfortunately. Still like him, still want him to do well. BUT I know Wentz is better. 

So your thoughts on me would be so way wrong, and I have been very consistent. If you love Foles so much, go follow the team he is the starting QB for. 

Oh wait. 

44 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:
I feel better about the hire already 

Didnt he call the Doug hire the worst HC hire ever? 

Yeah Mike has an axe to grind with the Eagles....   

If Scangarello really was a big factor in not drafting Jefferson, that is such sweet karma to the Eagles/Lowie for forcing him on the coaching staff even though he did nothing all year besides piss people off.

49 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Apparently we are supposed to throw stats out the window and just say "he sucked” based on nothing 

nah it's based on deep seeded hate ... Toughfiter just revealved why he hates wentz. He thought Foles should still be here and be the QB. Wentz is here- Foles is not. I know Foles career somehow since the SB is amaziningly better than Wentz's. LOL

How is that the NFL can manage 17 weeks of games, plus playoffs, and the senior bowl but the combine is a no go. Why not spread it out a bit more and test like they did during the season?

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Thanks for LII, Coach Peelle. 

Arthur Smith's staff in Atlanta looks really good.

Happy for Peelle. He played in Atlanta for a few years.

1 hour ago, Desertbirds said:

nah man he sucks because I have an irrational hate I cant back up with any facts except the team sucked this year and he was benched for a qb who ended up costing us a better draft pick by winning one game and then playing worse than wentz did with even with a slightly better line and WR's (we got a bit healthier towards the end of the season, actually started the same 5 guys on the Oline 2 games for Hurts, Reagor came back)

Archived