EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Nothing IMO, was posting more for the Sorensen hit that was discussed quite a bit 

Oh no I know I was just asking in general bud. Like I didn't see anything wrong with that hit. In fact I barely saw anything that could have caused a concussion. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

So, one of the reasons I doubt the quality or quantity of the beat reporters sources is here we sit in the third day since the Eagles supposedly hired a head coach and while we have announcements about some position coaches leaving, not a peep on coordinators or position coaches on their Twitter feeds.  

Wonder if this is Sirianni, wants to announce his coaches at his press conference, and not make it all about him.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh no I know I was just asking in general bud. Like I didn't see anything wrong with that hit. In fact I barely saw anything that could have caused a concussion. 

Probably because it was on the new NFL golden boy 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Probably because it was on the new NFL golden boy 

I mean that's literally all I can think. I really didn't even see where the concussion could have been caused to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I've said multiple times that Howie needs to go. I think he's a terrible GM and I think he's the single biggest issue with this team right now. But this is our team and we can't just stop supporting them because the future is bleak.

We can’t? Why can’t we? 

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

We can’t? Why can’t we? 

Because being a fan means following them even when times are bad. 

I love Eagles fans "this is what Lurie and Howie deserve:"

Yeah, ever since AR left town they've only had 5 winning seasons out of 8, 3 playoff appearances and a SB.

Since Lurie took over in 1995:

3 losing seasons from 1997-99, 6-9-1, 3-13, 5-11.

2005:  6-10 but that was a clusterf--- season, McNabb missed 7 games, TO meltdown

2012:  4-12

2020:  4-11-1

They had a number of 8-8 and 7-9 seasons, but that's normal fluctuations of average teams, good luck you go 10-6, bad luck 6-10.

It's not the Patriots, but it's not the Lions either.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

I love Eagles fans "this is what Lurie and Howie deserve:"

Yeah, ever since AR left town they've only had 5 winning seasons out of 8, 3 playoff appearances and a SB.

Since Lurie took over in 1995:

3 losing seasons from 1997-99, 6-9-1, 3-13, 5-11.

2005:  6-10 but that was a clusterf--- season, McNabb missed 7 games, TO meltdown

2012:  4-12

2020:  4-11-1

They had a number of 8-8 and 7-9 seasons, but that's normal fluctuations of average teams, good luck you go 10-6, bad luck 6-10.

It's not the Patriots, but it's not the Lions either.

I am sorry for all the impatient youngsters, but this has been the best 20 years of Eagles football in their history...things may be on a downturn but it has been a lot worse...years of failure..

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because being a fan means following them even when times are bad. 

You mean unlike @toughfighter83....who bails after a bad quarter or two.

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Keep in mind some of these guys’ best sources are guys losing their jobs or have already lost their jobs. They haven’t gotten any great sources to Sirianni besides his agent. And maybe Howie is letting this coach make the coaching hires. 

So Peelle, Duce and Fipp are the sources?  Seems unlikely. I think one of the biggest sources of leaks is agents but they have probably been told to hold hires confidential at this point.

Just now, BigEFly said:

So Peelle, Duce and Fipp are the sources?  Seems unlikely. I think one of the biggest sources of leaks is agents but they have probably been told to hold hires confidential at this point.

The national guys tend to break OC/DC hires/interviews because the agents want their clients’ names out there  

Keep in mind with Doug many of the reporters already had a relationship with him, and they could text him.

6 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Unlike @toughfighter83....who bails after a bad quarter or two.

I mean I don't really understand the mentality that we should boycott games until Lurie sells. Bottom line that hurts the team and being a fan means sticking by the team through the good and bad. 

1 hour ago, toughfighter83 said:

grow up little boy.

tenor.gif

So Tommy threw out Mike Caldwell as a potential DC.  Interesting but a coach that has primarily coached inside linebackers may need to expand his level of experience to take that step.  

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I don't really understand the mentality that we should boycott games until Lurie sells. Bottom line that hurts the team and being a fan means sticking by the team through the good and bad. 

Who's saying to boycott the team until Lurie sells?

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Only a few fools would actually try to do that (and think it would make a difference), but they'd run back when the winning starts.  

And if they do boycott, they will be replaced 100 times over....

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Rumours heating up apparently that Niners may trade for Stafford? 🤣

If I’m the niners i do that. Shanahan was able to get Jimmy G to a super bowl. I firmly believe Stafford if he stays healthy is a upgrade from Jimmy G. Shanahan would get a lot out of Stafford especially with their run game and aiyuk/deebo/kittle. Would be the best team Stafford has likely ever played on 1-53. If they get Stafford curious to see what direction the colts go. 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If I’m the niners i do that. Shanahan was able to get Jimmy G to a super bowl. I firmly believe Stafford if he stays healthy is a upgrade from Jimmy G. Shanahan would get a lot out of Stafford especially with their run game and aiyuk/deebo/kittle. Would be the best team Stafford has likely ever played on 1-53. If they get Stafford curious to see what direction the colts go. 

Yeah but a first round pick?

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah but a first round pick?

I highly doubt a 33 year old Matt Stafford is being dealt for a 1st. With the injuries he’s had and the fact that he’s 33 there is no way they’re going to get a first round pick for him. I am guessing it’s likely close to something Donovan McNabb got for the Eagles

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The Colts definitely do not go after Wentz.  Colts reporter who is plugged in said they have no interest in him on WIP when discussing the Siri hire. 

Maybe they try to get Darnold for cheap and fix him.  Perhaps Matt Ryan comes available if the Falcons pick a QB.

A couple of thoughts.  If the Eagles were so concerned about Doug's network, why in the heck did they hire him?  It reeks of the concern that many had that Doug was the desperation pick

As for Wentz, the new coaching staff have the chance to set the standard from day one with him.  It's a test of him and them. It will be interesting to see what agent speak is out there once the new coaching staff is announced.

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I highly doubt a 33 year old Matt Stafford is being dealt for a 1st. With the injuries he’s had and the fact that he’s 33 there is no way they’re going to get a first round pick for him. I am guessing it’s likely close to something Donovan McNabb got for the Eagles

Agreed it's just one of the headlines I saw when doing a quick search. I think if they could deal a third or something like that then that's a great deal. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Didn't he sign a huge contract recently?

1 minute ago, UK Eagle said:

A couple of thoughts.  If the Eagles were so concerned about Doug's network, why in the heck did they hire him?  It reeks of the concern that many had that Doug was the desperation pick

As for Wentz, the new coaching staff have the chance to set the standard from day one with him.  It's a test of him and them. It will be interesting to see what agent speak is out there once the new coaching staff is announced.

I think desperation is kind of accurate. They wanted the Anti-Chip at that point most likely, and knew Doug's personality from his time here prior.

Hopefully, they at least go back to their old ways and let Sirianni pick his own staff.

Archived