EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

9 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I'm the head of the Kyle Pitts bandwagon but I think they can trade down and still get him.  Would love him to be an Eagle.  Such a weapon.

I'm not convinced. I think as we get closer to the draft, everyone is going to start realizing that there's a 20 year old 6'6" 240 lbs top 5 WR talent also in this draft 

Watch. Everyone is going to be obsessed with Pitts as soon as they start properly framing him as a WR 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

I'm not convinced. I think as we get closer to the draft, everyone is going to start realizing that there's a 20 year old 6'6" 240 lbs top 5 WR talent also in this draft 

Watch. Everyone is going to be obsessed with Pitts as soon as they start properly framing him as a WR 

Needs to dip into the 4.4’s for that.

8 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

I'd rather have Smith 

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Is that what they run in Indy I'm guessing? We also don't have any LBs for a 3-4

We don’t have any for a 4-3 either.

44 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I want that six pick. Time to get a game changer. 

I do too but if someone in the top 15 offers multiple picks it needs to be considered, this team is more than one great player away

35 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

He’ll be 33 in a couple of weeks, and nobody is trading for him unless they think he can give them 5-6 years as their starter.

P.S. — Stafford sucks 

Sucks less than Wentz and Hurts. 

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

I do too but if someone in the top 15 offers multiple picks it needs to be considered, this team is more than one great player away

The way I see it is it's hard (not impossible) to screw up a really high pick. In the teens where there are less sure hits it takes skills that Howie does not have to pick right. 

33 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Needs to dip into the 4.4’s for that.

His change of direction, top speed and acceleration are all great. I have no doubt he's gonna run 4.50 at worst 

13 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

The way I see it is it's hard (not impossible) to screw up a really high pick. In the teens where there are less sure hits it takes skills that Howie does not have to pick right. 

Eagles historically pick well in the top 15 picks. If they got back to like 12, there will be no shortage of elite talent 

30 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I'd rather have Smith 

I think I agree, but it's getting very close for me. I think DeVonta Smith is hybrid of DeAndre Hopkins and DeSean

16 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I think this team just needs to sit at 6 and take one of Smith/Pitts/Chase. Do not trade back and give yourself a chance to miss. These guys are all great

45 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

No one else confirmed the Gannon thing and I don't trust Lombardi. I'll wait until another reputable source confirms 100%. Wouldn't be shocked if he's jumping the gun just to be the first to say it 

Breer all but confirmed it as done. 

15 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

The guy can slide to twenty, they still won't take him. May as well sulk now and get it over with to lessen the draft day blues. 

I just don't understand. Did somebody hex us in 1980.

Per La Canfora...

* Eagles considered interviewing Josh McCown for head coach prior to hiring Nick Sirianni

* The Eagles were also very impressed by Patriots linebackers coach Jerod Mayo, who is just 34 and only two years into his coaching career (he retired from a distinguished playing career in 2015), but in the end, opted for a head coach with more sweeping coaching experience. The trend of players jumping from active player to head coach in a much faster period of time than has been the norm is something to watch in coming years, and it is only a matter of time before McCown is coaching an NFL team, whether it be in Houston or somewhere else.

I could've sworn the Steelers already promoted their QBs coach Matt Canada to OC. Maybe for them it's only procedural to interview Pep.

41 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

image.png.d7f7fad0bce7c85440fa1f1cd26ab580.png

If we take a LB at six I'll eat my jersey lol. Whoever did this mock doesn't understand our relationship with that position. 

This was probably mentioned, but Detroit trading Stafford is pretty good news for us. Assuming he goes to a place like Indy, SF or NE — teams picking well behind Philly — teams now know they have to trade ahead of Detroit at 8 to get a QB. All of this increases the likelihood of teams reaching/trading up for QBs. Maybe a guy like Lance gets taken in the top 6 now. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

This was probably mentioned, but Detroit trading Stafford is pretty good news for us. Assuming he goes to a place like Indy, SF or NE — teams picking well behind Philly — teams now know they have to trade ahead of Detroit at 8 to get a QB. All of this increases the likelihood of teams reaching/trading up for QBs. Maybe a guy like Lance gets taken in the top 6 now. 

We need to keep our pick. We need a difference maker. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

We can trade down from 6 to say 8 and get basically the same player. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Didn't you post a tweet about it being 49ers?

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

That implies that there would be no 'difference maker' at #10 or so.  There will be.   The question is whether or not Howie is smart enough to listen to his scouts, or is he going to do his own thing.

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

If we take a LB at six I'll eat my jersey lol. Whoever did this mock doesn't understand our relationship with that position. 

I made that mock, and its #winning

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

That implies that there would be no 'difference maker' at #10 or so.  There will be.   The question is whether or not Howie is smart enough to listen to his scouts, or is he going to do his own thing.

And there it is. I don't think even Howie can screw up number six. The farther down you go the more you have to rely on Howie's judgement. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Didn't you post a tweet about it being 49ers?

Don’t recall, but they make a ton of sense. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

And there it is. I don't think even Howie can screw up number six. The farther down you go the more you have to rely on Howie's judgement. 

So Detroit offers their second round pick to move from 8 to 6 are you turning it down?

Archived