EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

This is exactly why the rule is sort of pointless. Interviewing someone after you've already got your guy just to check a box. 

It’s a very imperfect rule, but it does have some benefit. The guy can get his name in the coaching world and it also allows the Eagles to get to know him if they need to fill a position down the line 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

This is exactly why the rule is sort of pointless. Interviewing someone after you've already got your guy just to check a box. 

No, because teams file away this sort of information, he sounds like he'd be a good candidate down the road.

Two years from now, Gannon named HC of the Vikings, call Harris.

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Reading he was "the guy" to get for DC. 

It seems like it's true but I don't trust Lombardi and everyone else  seems to be piggybacking off his report 

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

No, because teams file away this sort of information, he sounds like he'd be a good candidate down the road.

Two years from now, Gannon named HC of the Vikings, call Harris.

You would interview for a job you knew was already taken? 

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

It seems like it's true but I don't trust Lombardi

Breer said it as well 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Breer said it as well 

He didn't 100% confirm it. He said emerged as clear cut favorite and Eagles are working through final stages 

Just now, greendestiny27 said:

He didn't 100% confirm it

Ok but "it looks like he’ll take it” is like 95%. 

Let's see, Sirianni has experience coaching up WRs, Gannon, coaching up DBs.

What two positions require a significant upgrade where we've missed on numerous players and struggle to develop anyone?

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Ok but "it looks like he’ll take it” is like 95%. 

I just want to see it 100% before I get too happy 

Stafford leaving Detroit is great for us, puts another team in need of a QB that might want to trade up.

SF, DET, Indy, NO, CAR, DEN, NE, CHI all need QBs and are drafting behind us. Could argue WFT and even Dallas if they don't bring dak back. Detroit trading Stafford is fantastic for us because it creates their QB need and only removes one team from that list above, and them drafting right behind us means some team will have to jump ahead of them if that team is afraid the lions will draft the QB they want. Might as well take NO out since they're drafting so low but that still leaves 6 teams (after Stafford trade) in need of a QB.

If Houston trades Watson it takes one more team off the board down to 5 and hopefully the Jets are sticking with Darnold. If not you probably have 3 QBs go off the board before our pick (Lawrence fields wilson?) So have to hope a bunch of teams love that fourth guy (lance?) to trsde for our pick and jump ahead of the lions 

4 minutes ago, devpool said:

Stafford leaving Detroit is great for us, puts another team in need of a QB that might want to trade up.

I want that six pick. Time to get a game changer. 

4 minutes ago, goeagles5039 said:

It’s happening!!!! Wentz and Hurts for Stafford!!!

Your laughing. I’d do it. Stafford is a top ten QB even at 32. Draft his successor and he’s cap hit of 6million next season if cut. 

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Your laughing. I’d do it. Stafford is a top ten QB even at 32. Draft his successor 

He’ll be 33 in a couple of weeks, and nobody is trading for him unless they think he can give them 5-6 years as their starter.

P.S. — Stafford sucks 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Gannon also spent 4 years as a scout. No idea what made him switch to coaching but that’s a potentially nice thing to have in your back pocket. 

$$$$. Scouts don’t get paid ish. 

No one else confirmed the Gannon thing and I don't trust Lombardi. I'll wait until another reputable source confirms 100%. Wouldn't be shocked if he's jumping the gun just to be the first to say it 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

This guy claims to be friends with Gannon. 

No I don't want Surtain at 6 🤦‍♂️

Archived