As a Giants fan

Mike713

I get not wanting to win a game when you're already eliminated. I get wanting to evaluate your roster in week 17. What I don't get is how you pull Jalen Hurts for the fourth quarter in a three point game in which you could have tied by the way. It wasn't even a blowout. Seriously screw Doug Pederson, is going from 9 to 6 and letting your divisional rival sweep you and clinch on your field worth that? I know I would be pissed if the Giants were in the Eagles situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 2

NYG were 6-10.  You didnt deserve to be in the playoffs.  If anything the Eagles did you a favor.

• Like 14

Maybe if the Giants won more games this season they wouldn't have to worry about the Eagles controlling their playoff destiny week 17. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

no one in the NFC east deserves to be in the playoffs. would you rather have had pick 19+ vs what all you have now (11)? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

Maybe if the Giants won more games this season they wouldn't have to worry about the Eagles controlling their playoff destiny week 17. 

Maybe if Evan Engram could catch a ball lol

4 minutes ago, jblah said:

no one in the NFC east deserves to be in the playoffs. would you rather have had pick 19+ vs what all you have now (11)? 

I don't like Washington making it over us when we swept their asses and how pathetic Washington looked against the Eagles backups.

16 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

I get not wanting to win a game when you're already eliminated. I get wanting to evaluate your roster in week 17. What I don't get is how you pull Jalen Hurts for the fourth quarter in a three point game in which you could have tied by the way. It wasn't even a blowout. Seriously screw Doug Pederson, is going from 9 to 6 and letting your divisional rival sweep you and clinch on your field worth that? I know I would be pissed if the Giants were in the Eagles situation.

Personally I think Doug planned all along to sit Hurts after the 3rd quarter and play Sudfeld, regardless of how the meaningless game was unfolding at that time.  He threw Sudfeld a bone for being a good soldier here the past few years.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

The Eagles have set a NFL record for offensive line combinations. Last night it was Pryor and Toth at tackle and neither has a lot of experience at tackle. Our backup tackle is a guy that has never taken a NFL snap.  So, if we leave Hurts in there and he gets hit and tears an ACL then Doug would take a lot of heat for not protecting a high draft pick QB.  The team is going to do what is best for the team not the Giants. We don't owe the Giants anything.  You guys won 6 games.  6 games!  You didn't deserve the playoffs because your team stunk just like ours.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Personally I think Doug planned all along to sit Hurts after the 3rd quarter and play Sudfeld, regardless of how the meaningless game was unfolding at that time.  He threw Sudfeld a bone for being a good soldier here the past few years.  

Didnt Collinsworth even mention during the game that they might see Sudfeld in the 2nd half?  I swore I heard him say that.

The defense definitely didnt tank.  They came to play.

40 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

Is leaving Hurts in the game for another quarter going to make a difference in his development? 

Maybe- if he blows out a knee. 

41 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

I know I would be pissed if the Giants were in the Eagles situation.

It's pre-season, it doesn't count. 

1 minute ago, Mike713 said:

You all don't find any problem with blatantly laying down for a division rival?

Shouldn't be depending on a division rival to get you into the playoffs

Skins could have easily beat us with a better QB that would actually attack our nonexistent secondary

Better luck next time

42 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

Jesus, who cares? Maybe if your team could win more than six games in an awful division. Do you really think it's going to benefit your team to make the playoffs without enough talent to get you further? And no, us Eagles fans, the majority wanted to lose out to get a better draft spot even when a playoff spot was within reach. 

Also, the Redskins are the team in the division that might need QB the most and now they're going to have to wait to take one. So, in actuality, it's better for the entire divisions' future that the Redskins are further away from getting their next QB. God, quit whining. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

It was a MEANINGLESS game. They sat a bunch of starters and got a look at the young guys who may have a role next season. It was essentially a preseason game for the Eagles. So no, I have no problem with it. 

A 6-10 team has no business in the playoffs anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

It was a meaningless game (well, for us anyway).  

If you want to be pissed at anyone, be pissed at your own team for not doing more during the season to get into the playoffs.  A 6 win team angry at a divisional rival for not helping them make the playoffs is priceless.  A 6 win team doesn’t deserve to be in.  

Just now, time2rock said:

It was a meaningless game (well, for us anyway).  

If you want to be pissed at anyone, be pissed at your own team for not doing more during the season to get into the playoffs.  A 6 win team angry at a divisional rival for not helping them make the playoffs is priceless.  A 6 win team doesn’t deserve to be in.  

Right. Hell all the Giants had to do is not lose the first game against a terrible Eagles team and they’d be in. 

• Like 1

To the Giants and all who follow them:

How about playing winning football and getting YOURSELF into the playoffs, instead of having the Eagles- or any other team, do the work FOR you? I'll tell you why- you are freekin LOSERS and do NOT belong in the playoffs!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Right. Hell all the Giants had to do is not lose the first game against a terrible Eagles team and they’d be in. 

They can thank Evan Engram's hands.  The guy is LJ Smith reincarnated.

22 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

FDE75538-8A8E-4BF7-AF24-4A66CEB656EF.jpeg.3f7eed413c0c5a7f75fbc6625118bc38.jpeg

"I wanted the # 6 pick, so Howie can whiff one the #1 WR and choose a skinny, deer-in-the-headlights WR that can't even make our 1st team."