As a Giants fan

Mike713

18 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Did they?   Did someone forget to tell Pittsburgh?  They screwed a 10 win Miami team, by sitting Big Ben, et al.   Seems the Dolphins have a much stronger case, but I don't hear them boo-hooing.

True dat. Wife is a major 'Fins fan, that sucked. But the Dolphins lost in a horrendous fashion, so nobody to blame but themselves. Side note, when I heard that Fitzmagic was unavailable, I knew it was over.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

True dat. Wife is a major 'Fins fan, that sucked. But the Dolphins lost in a horrendous fashion, so nobody to blame but themselves. Side note, when I heard that Fitzmagic was unavailable, I knew it was over.

I mean if the giants don’t blow a 11 point lead with 5 minutes left to the eagles or Evan engram doesn’t drop a dime pass to seal the game they are in the playoffs. The giants really should be more focused on the fact they screwed themselves in the end 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

They have a mess on their hands with QBs as well. They obviously don't trust Tua in big spots but, why draft him if you don't want to give him the ball in those spots?

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I mean if the giants don’t blow a 11 point lead with 5 minutes left to the eagles or Evan engram doesn’t drop a dime pass to seal the game they are in the playoffs. The giants really should be more focused on the fact they screwed themselves in the end 

Sure... 6 wins and they want to complain about somebody else.  Look in the mirror 'big' blue.  You didn't earn it, you don't deserve it.   Sure, Washington might not have either... but someone has to go.  But, the Eagles shouldn't hurt themselves to help you, when you don't deserve to be the worst regular season record team to ever make the NFL playoffs.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sure... 6 wins and they want to complain about somebody else.  Look in the mirror 'big' blue.  You didn't earn it, you don't deserve it.   Sure, Washington might not have either... but someone has to go.  But, the Eagles shouldn't hurt themselves to help you, when you don't deserve to be the worst regular record team to ever make the NFL playoffs.   

Honestly they really should be thanking the eagles that they get a better draft pick instead of getting slaughtered next week. Also likely prevents Gettleman from getting an extension cause they tend to do dumb things like that. 

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They have a mess on their hands with QBs as well. They obviously don't trust Tua in big spots but, why draft him if you don't want to give him the ball in those spots?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it with Tua. Hopefully he improves.

I like how everyone assumes if hurts stays in the game it’s an automatic win. We were losing at the end of the third quarter...with hurts playing...

also...I would’ve had more respect for pederson if he would’ve just said yeah...we were going for the win but we also would like a higher draft pick cause every year we seem to be one or two picks short of the guy we want. 
not saying we tanked but we had nothing to win for. 
if he woulda said that in the presser...the truth...probably would’ve sounded better.

One more thing....let’s discuss the word tanking...I always took it as you had a decent team, but you wanted to continue the high draft pics over the course of a few years. 
a team that could make the playoffs but chooses not to. That in my opinion is tanking.

a team that has nothing to win for, and losing it benefits them, that’s not tanking..eagles had nothing to gain if they win the game only losing draft spots that may cost them a valuable asset in the draft...barring rosemans decisions in said draft...Christ.....

3 hours ago, Big___Al said:

... that no team should just obviously lay down for another team in a meaningless game (for them).

What if there's something meaningful that comes out of laying down? While I generally don't pay attention to draft position during the season, draft position isn't meaningless. Also, would it be considered meaningful to lay down in order to keep a hated rival out of the playoffs? Or would it be considered meaningful to lay down to keep a 6 win team (whoever that team may be) out of the playoffs (not that a 7 win team is that much of a better option, but at least it's not a 6 win team)? 

Personally, I'm happy for Ron Rivera.

Former Eagle that played for Buddy and coached here under Andy and Jim Johnson. And we all know the battle he's had to go through to fight cancer.

F the 10 loss Giants - bunch of whining bishes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What if there's something meaningful that comes out of laying down? While I generally don't pay attention to draft position during the season, draft position isn't meaningless. Also, would it be considered meaningful to lay down in order to keep a hated rival out of the playoffs? Or would it be considered meaningful to lay down to keep a 6 win team (whoever that team may be) out of the playoffs (not that a 7 win team is that much of a better option, but at least it's not a 6 win team)? 

Well, yes, it isn't "meaningless" in that regard, but the NFL still definitely frowns on that, "losing on purpose." As I said, it's a fine line. They know and we know what's going on; you just have to be subtle about it.

15 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah, those **** cost us the #3 overall pick if that guy catches the dang ball. They screwed us out of the #3 pick so we got revenge by keeping them out of the playoffs.