As a Giants fan

Mike713

Tanking this game was probably the smartest thing Doug did since the Philly Special.

• Like 3

Personally, I would rather the Eagles walked off the field and forfeited than let the Giants and the most arrogant, delusional fan base in all of sports have a playoff game.        Figures that the fake HOFer Goober Manning was even whining.           F***k the Giants and their schiitty fans.

• Like 2

This turned out to be a miserable season. However, it's actually been a pleasant surprise seeing players, former players, and fans of a 6-win team cry and blame us for missing the playoffs. 

BTW, Strahan's sack record called and asked, "What's all the hubbub about? Bub?" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Mike713 said:

I get not wanting to win a game when you're already eliminated. I get wanting to evaluate your roster in week 17. What I don't get is how you pull Jalen Hurts for the fourth quarter in a three point game in which you could have tied by the way. It wasn't even a blowout. Seriously screw Doug Pederson, is going from 9 to 6 and letting your divisional rival sweep you and clinch on your field worth that? I know I would be pissed if the Giants were in the Eagles situation.

No, you wouldn't.    And a 6 win team, and the fans of said 6 win team have no business complaining about not making the playoffs.   The Eagles did your sorry team a favor by dropping that game and letting the Washingteam get in.   You would have been embarrassed in the playoffs... and frankly, it was an embarrassing display watching that crapfest at 1PM between the Giants and Cowboys.  Just sit back and look at the draft.   You have pick 11 instead of 19.   The Eagles saved you 8 spots.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mike713 said:

True, I'm ashamed on all levels.

So... you are a fraud of a Giants fan.  No true fan of the Eagles or Giants can stand the sight of the other...  

11 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This turned out to be a miserable season. However, it's actually been a pleasant surprise seeing players, former players, and fans of a 6-win team cry and blame us for missing the playoffs. 

BTW, Strahan's sack record called and asked, "What's all the hubbub about? Bub?" 

yup

6 hours ago, Mike713 said:

You all don't find any problem with blatantly laying down for a division rival?

Your mom didn't last night...

• Haha 3

The Eagles owe nothing to the Giants. If Pederson wanted to use the last game to evaluate players because his team was already eliminated, so be it.

The Giants only needed 7 wins to get the division this year and couldn’t even accomplish that. So they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs in the first place. GTFOH so-called Giants fan. 

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

It's more than a bone brah.  If Wentz is gone who's the backup next year?  We don't have the cap for a 5-10m high end backup.  Sudfield is option A and he didn't get any PS snaps this year.  Dude would have played 6-8 qtrs probably.

No problem with you, dawk; just an opportunity to comment. The Eagles are going NOWHERE next year, or even the year after, so the backup QB really doesn't matter. I said last year that the Eagles had a two-year rebuild. Unfortunately they didn't start that before this season, so now we're still at least 2 years out, and that would be optimistic, assuming good drafting and player personnel choices.

:roll: :roll: 

I can’t believe how mad these people are after going 6-10

"...as long as I'm the head coach of the New York Giants."

If you keep losing 10 games a year, that shouldn't be much longer!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mike713 said:

I get not wanting to win a game when you're already eliminated. I get wanting to evaluate your roster in week 17. What I don't get is how you pull Jalen Hurts for the fourth quarter in a three point game in which you could have tied by the way. It wasn't even a blowout. Seriously screw Doug Pederson, is going from 9 to 6 and letting your divisional rival sweep you and clinch on your field worth that? I know I would be pissed if the Giants were in the Eagles situation.

Oh, f---- off.......if the giants wanted to be in the playoffs so bad, then win more f------ games.  The eagles didn't owe the giants any consideration.  I don't care if pedersen wanted to play some young guys or sudfeld and screwed the giants for doing it.......the giants were 6-10 and didn't deserve the playoffs like the rest of this pathetic division....so go cry somewhere else....

20 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Lol

Who wasn't competing? Sudfeld is likely to test free agency and I doubt he was tanking his future. 

Never, ever depend on another team to get you into the playoffs. It can happen ... but ... the reason why the Eagles, giants and cowboys aren't in the playoffs this year is because they didn't win 7 games. 

This whole division sucks ass. Who the hell cares! Never seen so much anger and crying over horrible ass teams. What a sad sad year this was. 

Personally I wouldn't have even started Hurts in this game. Keep him away from potential injury and start Nate Sudfeld with Greg Ward as the emergency QB.

If the Eagles started Sudfeld from the beginning, they wouldn't be getting half the criticism they are getting now for the optics of pulling Hurts in a close game and appearing to tank. Fortunately Hurts didn't suffer any major injury in 3 quarters of football against that vaunted Washington FT defensive line.

Just pull the injury card and say you want to evaluate the backups. No need to try to go half-way in a meaningless game for us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Personally I wouldn't have even started Hurts in this game. Keep him away from potential injury and start Nate Sudfeld with Greg Ward as the emergency QB.

If the Eagles started Sudfeld from the beginning, they wouldn't be getting half the criticism they are getting now for the optics of pulling Hurts in a close game and appearing to tank. Fortunately Hurts didn't suffer any major injury in 3 quarters of football against that vaunted Washington FT defensive line.

Just pull the injury card and say you want to evaluate the backups. No need to try to go half-way in a meaningless game for us.

I can't disagree with you. But the NFL made it plainly clear, some years ago, that no team should just obviously lay down for another team in a meaningless game (for them). So they have to walk a fine line, pretending to try to win while actually not trying. 

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Tanking this game was probably the smartest thing Doug did since the Philly Special.

Foles was actually the one who called the play.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Perfect.        You can close the thread now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike713 said:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

I can't disagree with you. But the NFL made it plainly clear, some years ago, that no team should just obviously lay down for another team in a meaningless game (for them). So they have to walk a fine line, pretending to try to win while actually not trying. 

Did they?   Did someone forget to tell Pittsburgh?  They screwed a 10 win Miami team, by sitting Big Ben, et al.   Seems the Dolphins have a much stronger case, but I don't hear them boo-hooing.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Did they?   Did someone forget to tell Pittsburgh?  They screwed a 10 win Miami team, by sitting Big Ben, et al.   Seems the Dolphins have a much stronger case, but I don't hear them boo-hooing.

Dolphins are probably glad the season is over so they don't have to go into the playoffs trying to figure which QB to start lol.