New Ownership Needed

VeeMak

More and more reports coming out that Lurie has gotten way too involved, especially after the Super Bowl.  Apparently he was the idiot that wanted JJAW.  Regardless of whether he is meddling or not (obviously his prerogative), the fact that he will not fire Roseman demonstrates that he does not want a coach that isn’t lock step with him.  

• Like 5

Not happening. 

And where did that JJaw rumor start?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Show (link) these reports you speak of. Otherwise you're talking out of your ass.

Get your panties out of a wad!  It’s called the internet!  60 percent of the time, it’s accurate all of the time!

The article is inBleeding Green Nation entitled: Eagles News: Why Jeffrey Lurie failed to hold Howie Roseman accountable.  I don’t post links for lazy EMB slack jobs like you.  

• Like 2

Just now, VeeMak said:

Get your panties out of a wad!  It’s called the internet!  60 percent of the time, it’s accurate all of the time!

The article is inBleeding Green Nation entitled: Eagles News: Why Jeffrey Lurie failed to hold Howie Roseman accountable.  I don’t post links for lazy EMB slack jobs like you.  

You post something without any proof. You're the slacker. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

You post something without any proof. You're the slacker. 

Can’t copy and paste the link for some reason. Having issues with my old ass iphone.  But I gave you the article and the title.  I think it’s 1/12/21 in the date.  Can you be a peach and paste the link in here for me?

For what it’s worth, proof is necessary in a court of law.  This is a message board, Perry Mason.  

16 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Can’t copy and paste the link for some reason. Having issues with my old ass iphone.  But I gave you the article and the title.  I think it’s 1/12/21 in the date.  Can you be a peach and paste the link in here for me?

For what it’s worth, proof is necessary in a court of law.  This is a message board, Perry Mason.  

Look at the very 1st post after yours. This proves my point... 

This PC made me feel good about Lurie. I have heard how it sounds when a bad owner talks (Jaguars, Cowboys), Lurie in my mind said mostly right things.

If anything I think his outlook might be a bit too negative short term.

I mean look there's possibly a conversation to be had around whether Lurie is a good owner for this team. There's obvious arguments both for and against I guess. 

But firstly I mean it just isn't going to happen no matter how much fan uproar there may be. 

Secondly where are these reports that he wanted JJAW etc?

46 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look there's possibly a conversation to be had around whether Lurie is a good owner for this team. There's obvious arguments both for and against I guess. 

But firstly I mean it just isn't going to happen no matter how much fan uproar there may be. 

Secondly where are these reports that he wanted JJAW etc?

@Br3 has you covered.  

Well that's strange because Lurie was asked in the PC about how involved he gets. Lurie said he doesn't get involved

Yeah lets get rid of the one owner that actually won the Eagles a Super Bowl.

I think the Eagles need new fans

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

What’s up, Howie?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Ask the cowboys fans what they feel about the owner who won them multiple SB's. Or ask the Raiders fans what they though of Al Davis before his death.

9 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Ask the cowboys fans what they feel about the owner who won them multiple SB's. Or ask the Raiders fans what they though of Al Davis before his death.

Thats weird - I didnt know the Raiders and Cowboys won the Super Bowl in the past few years.

• Like 1

Buy madden, you can be the owner of the Eagles for the low price of $69.99

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

Thats weird - I didnt know the Raiders and Cowboys won the Super Bowl in the past few years.

I was just making a point for fans holding the owner accountable even if they have delivered teams SB wins. I frankly do think that Lurie has def become more Jerry and hands on since the SB run based on the different reports coming out. Also why won't he hold Howie accountable. Can you think of a GM of a team who has outlived 4 head coaches?. I dont think there will be many if any.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I was just making a point for fans holding the owner accountable even if they have delivered teams SB wins. I frankly do think that Lurie has def become more Jerry and hands on since the SB run based on the different reports coming out. Also why won't he hold Howie accountable. Can you think of a GM of a team who has outlived 4 head coaches?. I dont think there will be many if any.

The Eagles were the LAUGHING stock of the NFL for decades. They had no Lombadi trophy. They had a crappy stadium and had a place where no free agent wanted to go to. We have free agency and a salary cap mainly because the cheap ownership of the Eagles did not want to pay Reggie White. The only team in the NFC East without a Super Bowl win.

Lurie changed the culture and changed the way the league and the NFL looks at the Philadelphia Eagles and presided over their first Super Bowl win.

Now because there are some 'reports' that he may be more hands on fans think he needs to go? It is stupid - plain and simple.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think he's a good owner and he certainly won't sell the team any time soon. But yeah, yesterday's presser was pathetic. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

The Eagles were the LAUGHING stock of the NFL for decades. They had no Lombadi trophy. They had a crappy stadium and had a place where no free agent wanted to go to. We have free agency and a salary cap mainly because the cheap ownership of the Eagles did not want to pay Reggie White. The only team in the NFC East without a Super Bowl win.

Lurie changed the culture and changed the way the league and the NFL looks at the Philadelphia Eagles and presided over their first Super Bowl win.

Now because there are some 'reports' that he may be more hands on fans think he needs to go? It is stupid - plain and simple.

I see your point but I just feel if Howie is still incharge we will be a laughing stock of the league again. Out of all possible head coaching opportunities apart from maybe Detroit do you think any coach will like to be the HC of the Eagles. Probably not. The organization is a mess and Lurie def has a hand in it. I mean I would want an owner who would want accountability from everyone. Just not the coach. 

• Like 1