New Ownership Needed

VeeMak

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah that’s why he flew to have dinner with Wentz before they drafted him.

That's seems like something every owner would do with their franchise QB who is going to be the face of the franchise

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That's seems like something every owner would do with their franchise QB who is going to be the face of the franchise

Yeah I’m not so sure of that especially with said owner now calling said franchise quarterback an "asset.” That sure doesn’t sound like an owner sitting on the sidelines and is just a fan.

9 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

David Icke?

Lol!  Nice Icke reference because I used a big brain word.  But, alas, no I am not a British sports conspiracy theorist.

1 minute ago, VeeMak said:

Lol!  Nice Icke reference because I used a big brain word.  But, alas, no I am not a British sports conspiracy theorist.

I listen to Icke often and acquiesce is his favorite word when it comes to COVID-19, don't acquiesce to.......

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I’m not so sure of that especially with said owner now calling said franchise quarterback an "asset.” That sure doesn’t sound like an owner sitting on the sidelines and is just a fan.

🤷‍♂️ Agree to disagree

Just now, Mike030270 said:

🤷‍♂️ Agree to disagree

Yeah, but I keep hearing and seeing rumors the Lurie wanted JJAW so take it for what it’s worth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

I listen to Icke often and acquiesce is his favorite word when it comes to COVID-19, don't acquiesce to.......

Don’t you mean "favourite” word?

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah, but I keep hearing and seeing rumors the Lurie wanted JJAW so take it for what it’s worth.

Which would stand to reason as to why they kept forcing him into the lineup and DP kept game planning away from him.  Starting to feel like that poor kid was a pawn and the two adults in the room may have ruined his career before he got started.  Just a thought, no source to cite.

4 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Howie is too complacent. Jerrah might overpay, but at least he brings in players who can help his team. (Amari Cooper)

I heard on WIP that Roseman and his team had decided to take Jefferson, but Roseman went rogue and took Reagor instead. No source, but it wouldn't surprise me.

?

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

Jerry at least drafts good players.

Good at least until they get paid

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Good at least until they get paid

It is probably pretty tough to figure out how to pay these pro bowlers when their rookie deals are expiring.  Thank goodness we don’t have to deal with that headache here!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

It is probably pretty tough to figure out how to pay these pro bowlers when their rookie deals are expiring.  Thank goodness we don’t have to deal with that headache here!

:roll::roll:

9 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

?

Howie went rogue on Zoom and took Reagor when he was in agreement with the people who were in the war room to take Jefferson. Not that complicated to follow lol

1 minute ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Howie went rogue on Zoom and took Reagor when he was in agreement with the people who were in the war room to take Jefferson. Not that complicated to follow lol

Lol my bad I interpreted that as howie going rogue on himself...

Just now, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Lol my bad I interpreted that as howie going rogue on himself...

He only does that when he is shirtless in front of a mirror.  

1 hour ago, EagleMatt said:

Jerry at least drafts good players.

And he does alot with those players...🤣

Think about Lurie's PC as taken by the players.

The national conversation is about how bad the Eagles have drafted since Reid left.  The announcers put Howie on blast in several games this year.  The sports talk shows, radio, beat writers, etc. have all blasted Howie.  The PC yesterday was more about how bad Howie is than about firing Doug.

And Lurie didn't defend the great players they've drafted. He didn't deny it.  He deflected and said other teams took the guys we wanted...so what does that say to the players?  We know we didn't get who we wanted and are stuck with you?  This is Mr. "emotional intelligence."  

Never mind the fact that some of the most notable misses are for guys that were better and available AFTER the Eagles drafted.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Think about Lurie's PC as taken by the players.

The national conversation is about how bad the Eagles have drafted since Reid left.  The announcers put Howie on blast in several games this year.  The sports talk shows, radio, beat writers, etc. have all blasted Howie.  The PC yesterday was more about how bad Howie is than about firing Doug.

And Lurie didn't defend the great players they've drafted. He didn't deny it.  He deflected and said other teams took the guys we wanted...so what does that say to the players?  We know we didn't get who we wanted and are stuck with you?  This is Mr. "emotional intelligence."  

Never mind the fact that some of the most notable misses are for guys that were better and available AFTER the Eagles drafted.

His PC was very misguided.  He probably should have waited until March, like he usually does, let the smoke clear, and send out a measured statement about Doug and his tenure in the meantime.

I get confused is that Jerry Lurie or Jeffrey Jone that owns the Eagles?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Get your panties out of a wad!  It’s called the internet!  60 percent of the time, it’s accurate all of the time!

The article is inBleeding Green Nation entitled: Eagles News: Why Jeffrey Lurie failed to hold Howie Roseman accountable.  I don’t post links for lazy EMB slack jobs like you.  

Relax.  The BGN article is not an article at all, but rather, a link to an article written by Jeff McLane.  Jeff friggin' McLane who has a rep as a liar. 

Here's the quote "He lobbied for wide receiver JJ Arcega-Whiteside in the second round of the 2019 draft and got Pederson to go along, per sources."

13 minutes ago, Procus said:

Relax.  The BGN article is not an article at all, but rather, a link to an article written by Jeff McLane.  Jeff friggin' McLane who has a rep as a liar. 

Here's the quote "He lobbied for wide receiver JJ Arcega-Whiteside in the second round of the 2019 draft and got Pederson to go along, per sources."

The FO hates McLane, I get it.  He can be obnoxious as he does ask a lot of pointed  questions in the press conferences.  He can tend to get snarky and comes off as a smart ass.  But I don’t think the label "liar” is appropriate.  And the quote you cite, do you have inside information that would prove that he lied or that his source lied when he made that statement?

2 hours ago, VeeMak said:

The FO hates McLane, I get it.  He can be obnoxious as he does ask a lot of pointed  questions in the press conferences.  He can tend to get snarky and comes off as a smart ass.  But I don’t think the label "liar” is appropriate.  And the quote you cite, do you have inside information that would prove that he lied or that his source lied when he made that statement?

Of all the bad picks made over the years I think JJ was the worst of them all, I'm glad to hear that Lurie was behind it because if it was Howie that would have been a damn shame.

I hope that teaches Lurie to stay away from personnel decisions,. this isn't like selecting actors to play in a movie.

15 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Yeah lets get rid of the one owner that actually won the Eagles a Super Bowl.

I think the Eagles need new fans

Maybe both.  Lurie should just sell the team to London.  New owner.  New fans.  Win-Win.