New Ownership Needed

VeeMak

11 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I see your point but I just feel if Howie is still incharge we will be a laughing stock of the league again. Out of all possible head coaching opportunities apart from maybe Detroit do you think any coach will like to be the HC of the Eagles. Probably not. The organization is a mess and Lurie def has a hand in it. I mean I would want an owner who would want accountability from everyone. Just not the coach. 

^This

Lurie’s relationship with Howie is too cozy.  Name another GM in modern era of football to preside over 3 coaching changes?  That’s unprecedented.  

• Like 2

Again based on sophist assumption. There's no absolute proof that any bad draft pick was not made by the then HC. So it's all based on assumption.  Jeffrey Lurie is not just the best thing to ever happen to the Eagles; he may be the best thing to ever happen to Philadelphia(Ok, that's a little much). Of course some of you don't remember before. The problem is what; because Lurie and Roseman have more NFL knowledge in their middle fingers than theose calling for their ouster. No. It's because they're not 'football' people. We know what football people are right? They have names like Walsh, Brown, or Knox. Ethnicity is fine. We've had plenty of great Italian QBs, Polish defensemen and Africans are proving they can do anything right? Maybe.  But no ...Jews.

Lurie has been a good owner and brought a lot of winning to the team.  The thing is, he has never had a philosophy to hire a solid GM to run things and stay out of it.  Once Reid was successful he let him do what he wanted.  Then when Reid left he let Chip reinvent the team. Then they had to rebuild after Chip and change everything again.

He needs to hire a GM with a philosophy and then every decision on the football side goes along with that philosophy.  Coaching hires, scheme, scouting, free agents, everything.  When you fire a coach or replace a player, you're not trying to reinvent anything it's easier to plug the next guy in to the system.  Sure, you're going to innovate and evolve with the game, but your core philosophies are there.

Howie has been learning on the job and changing gears every couple seasons.  It was Dream Team free agent frenzy, then it was oh let's extend our own players, then it was trade back and collect draft picks then it was trade picks for proven players and sign veterans players, then it was trade up to draft a QB.  Last year it was take a QB in the 2nd after signing your starter to $100 million.  Shift from short-term decisions after the SB and clinging to aging veterans to getting younger.  Oh, we need speed let's draft all the speed players this year and let's also be a QB factory.

There is no plan it's just band aids every year.  Howie's ability to manage the cap has afforded them the opportunity to cover up for bad drafting with some free agent signings, it's easier to take a proven player in the NFL.  

There are so many reports of dysfunction despite their insistence on collaboration.  Howie has remained while coaches and personnel staff have gone.

It is known nationally that the Eagles have not drafted well.  And they've hung onto injury prone veteran older players and given them contract extensions that hurt their ability in the cap.  Now they have a HC who was assumed to be the easiest Yes Man in the NFL and even he got tired of the meddling from the owner and GM.

Lurie still sees the organization as the team that won the SB and that's understandable.  But he is blind to Roseman's faults.  And if he's meddling about who they should draft and which coaches they should hire...that's the road to more dysfunction.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, macgregor said:

Jeffrey Lurie is not just the best thing to ever happen to the Eagles; he may be the best thing to ever happen to Philadelphia. .

Somewhere Benjamin Franklin is like, "What the hell, man?"  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wyote said:

Somewhere Benjamin Franklin is like, "What the hell, man?"  

That was the weakest part of the post.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Lurie has been a good owner and brought a lot of winning to the team.  The thing is, he has never had a philosophy to hire a solid GM to run things and stay out of it.  Once Reid was successful he let him do what he wanted.  Then when Reid left he let Chip reinvent the team. Then they had to rebuild after Chip and change everything again.

He needs to hire a GM with a philosophy and then every decision on the football side goes along with that philosophy.  Coaching hires, scheme, scouting, free agents, everything.  When you fire a coach or replace a player, you're not trying to reinvent anything it's easier to plug the next guy in to the system.  Sure, you're going to innovate and evolve with the game, but your core philosophies are there.

Howie has been learning on the job and changing gears every couple seasons.  It was Dream Team free agent frenzy, then it was oh let's extend our own players, then it was trade back and collect draft picks then it was trade picks for proven players and sign veterans players, then it was trade up to draft a QB.  Last year it was take a QB in the 2nd after signing your starter to $100 million.  Shift from short-term decisions after the SB and clinging to aging veterans to getting younger.  Oh, we need speed let's draft all the speed players this year and let's also be a QB factory.

There is no plan it's just band aids every year.  Howie's ability to manage the cap has afforded them the opportunity to cover up for bad drafting with some free agent signings, it's easier to take a proven player in the NFL.  

There are so many reports of dysfunction despite their insistence on collaboration.  Howie has remained while coaches and personnel staff have gone.

It is known nationally that the Eagles have not drafted well.  And they've hung onto injury prone veteran older players and given them contract extensions that hurt their ability in the cap.  Now they have a HC who was assumed to be the easiest Yes Man in the NFL and even he got tired of the meddling from the owner and GM.

Lurie still sees the organization as the team that won the SB and that's understandable.  But he is blind to Roseman's faults.  And if he's meddling about who they should draft and which coaches they should hire...that's the road to more dysfunction.

Well said.  

And for the guy @macgregor that took the angle that there is angst simply because they are "Jewish”, grow up.  There have been a multitude of "football guys” that are Jewish.  Ron Wolf comes to mind as one of the best all time GM’s.  I would definitely classify Lyle Alzado as a football guy.  Art Modell, Robert Kraft, etc.  Being Jewish has not been a barrier of entry into the NFL at ANY level from player to coach to GM nor ownership, at least not in most of our lifetimes.  

5 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Howie = Jerry? 🤔🤔

Howie is too complacent. Jerrah might overpay, but at least he brings in players who can help his team. (Amari Cooper)

I heard on WIP that Roseman and his team had decided to take Jefferson, but Roseman went rogue and took Reagor instead. No source, but it wouldn't surprise me.

4 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Howie is too complacent. Jerrah might overpay, but at least he brings in players who can help his team. (Amari Cooper)

I heard on WIP that Roseman and his team had decided to take Jefferson, but Roseman went rogue and took Reagor instead. No source, but it wouldn't surprise me.

it looks like they took reagor after talking to Lincoln riley.

3 hours ago, pallidrone said:

Yeah lets get rid of the one owner that actually won the Eagles a Super Bowl.

I think the Eagles need new fans

We just got rid of the one HC that actually won the Eagles a Super Bowl 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Buy madden, you can be the owner of the Eagles for the low price of $69.99

Haven't played that game since early 2000s

The guy has been a good owner for a long time. He’s not perfect. No one is. But he’s done a helluva lot more good than bad. If he were to sell the team, there’s a much greater chance the Eagles ownership would get worse, not better.

Also, it’s his team. He can do what he wants.

After hearing Lurie's interview yesterday, I am convinced that they forced Pederson to play Sudfeld, lose the game, or both. 

Lurie spoke very highly on Sudfeld. Said he throws the best deep ball on the roster (LOL), they put a 2nd round tender on him last offseason (LOL), and that he didnt have a preseason where he can get some snaps to essentially develop.

Lurie also kept speaking about long term. He made it very clear that Pederson was concerned about 2021 while Lurie was worried about 3-5 years down the road. A loss would get the eagles the 6th pick in the draft and that is a valuable pick for the eagles future (true).

Pederson's actions in week 17 came from up top. Doug was fall guy. But still was a terrible playcaller and should have been fired. but they put 100% of it on him.

Classy

6 hours ago, Infam said:

Lurie in my mind said mostly right things.

If anything I think his outlook might be a bit too negative short term.

The way I heard it, Doug was looking for a short term turnaround and Lurie was looking for a long term solution with the idea that a short term solution is impossible.

If Lurie's position was reported correctly he needs to understand that a long term solution begins with Howie's drafts as they're the reason the team is in the predicament they're in now, you can't get blood from a rock.

As far as short term goes, I'm a firm believer that the team can be competitive next year, I'll post instruction as to how prior to the draft. 

• Like 1

And now a new potential revelation.  Smolenski and Roseman wanted to retain DP, but Lurie wanted him out.  Sounds as if the president and the GM were caught off guard by his firing.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/12/22227393/eagles-coaching-search-nfl-insider-scrambling-doug-pederson-jeffrey-lurie-philadelphia-news-saleh

7 hours ago, VeeMak said:

Get your panties out of a wad!  It’s called the internet!  60 percent of the time, it’s accurate all of the time!

The article is inBleeding Green Nation entitled: Eagles News: Why Jeffrey Lurie failed to hold Howie Roseman accountable.  I don’t post links for lazy EMB slack jobs like you.  

Usually when you're trying to gett a point across you cite a source.

4 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Buy madden, you can be the owner of the Eagles for the low price of $69.99

Been there, done that. Won us the sb countless times even with the likes of Kevin Kolb.

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Howie's ability to manage the cap has afforded them the opportunity to cover up for bad drafting

Eagles = Bad Drafting, I don't see a cover up at all.

9 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

And now a new potential revelation.  Smolenski and Roseman wanted to retain DP, but Lurie wanted him out.  Sounds as if the president and the GM were caught off guard by his firing.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/12/22227393/eagles-coaching-search-nfl-insider-scrambling-doug-pederson-jeffrey-lurie-philadelphia-news-saleh

Looks like they're targeting Riley, that would be an excellent start, supposedly Howie has a good relationship with him.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

We just got rid of the one HC that actually won the Eagles a Super Bowl 🤷‍♂️

I know - not happy about it, but it is what it is. Obviously something happened between him and Lurie or him and locker room.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Looks like they're targeting Riley, that would be an excellent start, supposedly Howie has a good relationship with him.

He is an air raid disciple of Leach, which is a lot different than the west coast/RPO hybrid that DP kind of ran.  It would potentially be a lot of fun to watch.  

16 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Usually when you're trying to gett a point across you cite a source.

Let it go, Matt.  Look through the posts and you will see I acquiesced and copy and pasted links a page ago.

4 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

I know - not happy about it, but it is what it is. Obviously something happened between him and Lurie or him and locker room.

The snake Howie survived 

2 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Let it go, Matt.  Look through the posts and you will see I acquiesced and copy and pasted links a page ago.

David Icke?

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Well that's strange because Lurie was asked in the PC about how involved he gets. Lurie said he doesn't get involved

Yeah that’s why he flew to have dinner with Wentz before they drafted him.