Deshaun Watson (Texans QB) -- TRADED TO CLEVELAND

eaglesfan0075

On 8/9/2021 at 3:50 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

I can't believe people still think trading for Watson might be a good idea.

1) I know it's the Texans, but they are not going to give away Watson for less than 3 firsts. 

2) Whatever your moral stance, there is no way that the Eagles can give up the draft and cap collateral required for a guy facing the current issues Watson is.

3) No reputable source has said anything more than the Eagles are monitoring the situation, which of course they should be, but a trade is not workable right now. 

4) The Eagles have zero established young talent on D signed in 2022. They need to lock up either or both of Barnett and Sweat and use those extra draft picks on retooling the D. The O-Line needs some help as well. 

5) I know half the board has written him off, but Hurts might be good. If he is, we have a young cost controlled QB we can build around. If not, we can address QB in the draft/by trade next year.

Watson will not and should not happen, at least this year.

I don't want all of that draft capital going to one player either. The scenario I thought was going to happen, and maybe it could still happen, was the Eagles were going to see how Hurts plays the first half of the year. If he plays better than expected, then they can move on to building around him with those picks. If he stunk, they would start talking to the Texans about a trade.

If the Miami trade is legit, then I think the Eagles will consider moving up to draft another franchise quarterback if they aren't impressed by what they see from Hurts.

1 hour ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

I don't want all of that draft capital going to one player either. The scenario I thought was going to happen, and maybe it could still happen, was the Eagles were going to see how Hurts plays the first half of the year. If he plays better than expected, then they can move on to building around him with those picks. If he stunk, they would start talking to the Texans about a trade.

If the Miami trade is legit, then I think the Eagles will consider moving up to draft another franchise quarterback if they aren't impressed by what they see from Hurts.

I would need to see all 17 games of hurts before I start spending my assets to build around him. 

55 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Are the Texans having a laugh? I guess they don't want to trade him and figure they may as well ask for a haul.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

If someone give this they will get fired as the gm lol. 5 picks in the first two rounds for a guy with ongoing legal issues and a possible suspension? Hell to the naw.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Are the Texans having a laugh? I guess they don't want to trade him and figure they may as well ask for a haul.

It doesn’t even matter. Watson has a NTC and Philly wasn’t one of his desired locations. The Texans can ask for the moon and the Eagles could agree, but if he doesn’t want to be here it isn’t going to happen. 

• Like 1

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/28/eagles-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-texans-asking-price/

According to this Howie balked at the idea of giving up that much for Watson and I can’t say I blame him. Personally I’m not a fan of walking away from one disgruntled quarterback with issues just to pick up another disgruntled quarterback with issues. Especially this guy with his major legal stuff. Steer clear Howie. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/28/eagles-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-texans-asking-price/

According to this Howie balked at the idea of giving up that much for Watson and I can’t say I blame him. Personally I’m not a fan of walking away from one disgruntled quarterback with issues just to pick up another disgruntled quarterback with issues. Especially this guy with his major legal stuff. Steer clear Howie. 

Absolutely. Especially when we don't know what we have in Hurts and next year we may be in a position to draft a QB early in the first or trade up to get a QB. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely. Especially when we don't know what we have in Hurts and next year we may be in a position to draft a QB early in the first or trade up to get a QB. 

According to some Hurts is supposed to be part of a Watson deal. I guess that is to help alleviate some of the price of picks. Still I wouldn’t touch this thing. 

Giving up that sort of capital is a nailed on way to knock the Herschel Walker trade off the top of the dumbest trades in sports history lists, there's no way any player lives up to that sort of draft capital given up to trade for him. Watson could end up with Hall of Fame stats but with no talent around him he'll win 0 rings, and you don't give up 5 picks in first 2 rounds to not win. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

41 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

According to some Hurts is supposed to be part of a Watson deal. I guess that is to help alleviate some of the price of picks. Still I wouldn’t touch this thing. 

I still think this Watson stuff is hot air. I’m sure Howie did enquire, but it’s not a realistic proposition.

The Texans would be negligent to trade Watson for less than 3 firsts. Any other team would be negligent to trade close to that for him with his serious legal issues. Nothing is going to happen this year.

12 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I still think this Watson stuff is hot air. I’m sure Howie did enquire, but it’s not a realistic proposition.

The Texans would be negligent to trade Watson for less than 3 firsts. Any other team would be negligent to trade close to that for him with his serious legal issues. Nothing is going to happen this year.

Rumor is Miami is the front runner for the guy. Good luck to them, but it is funny the team that already lost a first is in line to give up three more. 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Rumor is Miami is the front runner for the guy. Good luck to them, but it is funny the team that already lost a first is in line to give up three more. 😂

Ha - I’m not buying Miami either, but that would be funny. 

I’m hoping on the Miami board there is a Jaylen Waddle (Unofficial Devonta Smith and a first rounder thread)

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Huh? I thought Miami were the favourites? What have the Eagles apparently offered?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Huh? I thought Miami were the favourites? What have the Eagles apparently offered?

Not sure if the Eagles offered anything. It feels like they’re just trying to wait the Texans out. 

I really am not buying that Watson would use his NTC to block a trade to the Eagles or any team for that matter. If a team is willing to take a chance on you with these legal issues and give up a substantial package, that's the ultimate flattery. If you aren't on your hands and knees grateful for a team like that, then you're just an absolute C word.

And maybe he is that, but something tells me he'd accept a trade to whichever team gives the best package in the end.

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

I really am not buying that Watson would use his NTC to block a trade to the Eagles or any team for that matter. If a team is willing to take a chance on you with these legal issues and give up a substantial package, that's the ultimate flattery. If you aren't on your hands and knees grateful for a team like that, then you're just an absolute C word.

And maybe he is that, but something tells me he'd accept a trade to whichever team gives the best package in the end.

Listening to this guy and his overall demeanor I wouldn’t put anything past the guy. Just like Mike Trout didn’t want to come to Philly, some athletes know they can’t deal with the Philly heat. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Listening to this guy and his overall demeanor I wouldn’t put anything past the guy. Just like Mike Trout didn’t want to come to Philly, some athletes know they can’t deal with the Philly heat. 

It's more like a pile of sheet you have to wade through till you get to your next team then " philly heat" 

People think it's hilarious to act like morons towards the players but, will piss and moan when no one wants to come here or stay here because of the nonsense. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's more like a pile of sheet you have to wade through till you get to your next team then " philly heat" 

People think it's hilarious to act like morons towards the players but, will piss and moan when no one wants to come here or stay here because of the nonsense. 

When it comes to this guy I don’t care he doesn’t want to be here. I don’t want him here anyways. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

When it comes to this guy I don’t care he doesn’t want to be here. I don’t want him here anyways. 

I don't either I was speaking on a bigger scale lol. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't either I was speaking on a bigger scale lol. 

Even with the bigger scale athletes well if they don’t want to play in Philly that’s on them, but in truth I don’t think the fans matter all that much. Seriously if some of these guys can’t handle a boo then they probably shouldn’t play in Philly or anywhere in the NE region. They can go play in the warmer climates where no one is watching them or even really cares. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Even with the bigger scale athletes well if they don’t want to play in Philly that’s on them, but in truth I don’t think the fans matter all that much. Seriously if some of these guys can’t handle a boo then they probably shouldn’t play in Philly or anywhere in the NE region. They can go play in the warmer climates where no one is watching them or even really cares. 

I must not be a normal eagles fan then lol. Cause I think the majority of us are irrational idiots who don't deserve any player that's worth a damn " sometimes" not all the time lol. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I must not be a normal eagles fan then lol. Cause I think the majority of us are irrational idiots who don't deserve any player that's worth a damn " sometimes" not all the time lol. 

The irrational Philly fan is the guy who gets too tanked and starts fights and does stupid stuff. Of course most cities have this guy, but Philly gets the worse rap for it. I mean when we do get stupid we go all out like dopes puking on kids, and throwing batteries at players. Honestly if there was a player I kind of felt Philly didn’t deserve it was McNabb, because they treated that dude poorly before he even played a down for us. Ironically he was also the karma we deserved, because he never quite got us to the promised land.