Britt Reid - KC LB Coach/Andys kid

Captain F

Being investigated for a possible DUI crash Thursday night that left a 5 year old fighting for his/her life.  If that kid dies and Reid was drunk..... He hit a parked car that was helping a broke down car on a highway.  

Andy's kids are/were a mess and always have been. I'm not sure if he thought he was protecting them by making them coaches and letting them hang out with the team. They were not qualified to be coaches and I wouldn't think hanging out with pro athletes as impressionable young men your whole life is a good idea. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Andy's kids are/were a mess and always have been. I'm not sure if he thought he was protecting them by making them coaches and letting them hang out with the team. They were not qualified to be coaches and I wouldn't think hanging out with pro athletes as impressionable young men your whole life is a good idea. 

I always found it weird he was in charge of a team that never placed a high value on linebackers, yet his son becomes a linebacker coach. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I always found it weird he was in charge of a team that never placed a high value on linebackers, yet his son becomes a linebacker coach. 

Maybe that is why he made him linebacker coach lol. Andy figured it doesn't matter if his kid screwed up the position he values the least lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe that is why he made him linebacker coach lol. Andy figured it doesn't matter if his kid screwed up the position he values the least lol. 

Ha! Good point. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Actually, when you think about it, it makes perfect sense, lol.

But yeah, I had no idea Britt was the LB coach and when I read that I was like Wtf? I don't think he ever coached before in his life."

4 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Actually, when you think about it, it makes perfect sense, lol.

But yeah, I had no idea Britt was the LB coach and when I read that I was like Wtf? I don't think he ever coached before in his life."

He has coached but he started out as a training camp staff or whatever . Andy kept promoting him from there. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/us/britt-reid-accident-kansas-city/index.html

Police said a Chevy Impala was disabled on the ramp, and the driver called family members for assistance. His family members arrived and parked their Chevy Traverse south of the disabled car. A Dodge Ram truck struck both vehicles. A 4-year-old and 5-year-old in the Traverse were transported to a local hospital, with the 5-year-old sustained life threatening injuries, police said.

In a search warrant first obtained by CNN affiliate KSHB, police identified Britt Reid as the driver of the Dodge Ram truck. Reid told a responding officer that he had consumed "two to three" drinks after the officer observed an odor of alcohol "emanating" from Reid as well as "bloodshot and red" eyes. Reid also told the police that he takes prescription Adderall, according to the search warrant.

The officer conducted a field-sobriety test and observed signs of impairment, the warrant states.
Reid was taken to a local hospital after complaining of stomach pain.
  • Like 2

I have no respect or remorse for anyone drinking and driving. I lost 2 very close family members to a DUI.

I will say though I feel bad for Andy in this. He is trying his best to do what he thinks is a good father and it is just not working. Sometimes kids are just bad and you need to let them fall. I remember when his son died. Andy has been through a lot in his life. Damn.

If it comes out that he was impaired and over the limit. I hope they put him away for a long time. This poor girl.

• Like 1

Have to wonder what kind of impact this might have on Andy this weekend.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, What The F said:

He's fine there

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Still don't think he is qualified 

Definitely, not, haha. I guess it's a tough situation, though, between leaving your kid to his own (de)vices vs. trying to make sure he has gainful employment and something to keep him away from the distractions of being a coach's son with too much time on his hands, but this probably wasn't the right way.

21 minutes ago, What The F said:

Yup. If I was betting, I'd be changing my pick to TB.

Why was Britt Reid in KC on Thurs. when the team was already in TB for the game?

59 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Why was Britt Reid in KC on Thurs. when the team was already in TB for the game?

I live down here near Tampa and local news says KC not getting here until today , Saturday. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, What The F said:

I live down here near Tampa and local news says KC not getting here until today , Saturday. 

Thanks, I just assumed they would've already been there as teams always traveled to the venue well in advance of the game. I'm guessing they didn't this time because of COVID, but still kinda weird. You'd think they would've just traveled after the championship and quarantined together.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don’t buy the pro athlete lifestyle theory. Lots of coaches in the NFL must have kids that don’t grow up and turn out this way...

Kyle Shanahan?

11 minutes ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

I don’t buy the pro athlete lifestyle theory. Lots of coaches in the NFL must have kids that don’t grow up and turn out this way...

Kyle Shanahan?

No sheet

Well he does have I think 3 other kids who never have been in trouble. But yeah his two oldest ones seemed to be on the troubled side. But they are humans with faults.

I have a 26 year old niece who is a heroin addict. Awful and sad. 

Put his ass in jail and throw away the key. I have no room or tolerance, especially with uber making it so easy to get a ride

6 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Put his ass in jail and throw away the key. I have no room or tolerance, especially with uber making it so easy to get a ride

Yes definitely no excuse anymore. Unfortunately, he will probably do like a year of probation and have to go to AA. The punishment for killing someone while drunk is not steep enough at all

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes definitely no excuse anymore. Unfortunately, he will probably do like a year of probation and have to go to AA. The punishment for killing someone while drunk is not steep enough at all

Judge should have discretion.  Sometimes people make one terrible mistake and they know it.  Other people are repeatedly given second and third chances and just don’t seem to give a crap about anyone but them self 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

Judge should have discretion.  Sometimes people make one terrible mistake and they know it.  Other people are repeatedly given second and third chances and just don’t seem to give a crap about anyone but them self 

Well he is past the 3rd and 4th chance

42 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well he is past the 3rd and 4th chance

Exactly