Britt Reid - KC LB Coach/Andys kid

Captain F

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

After a little superficial research, it looks like Missouri has liberal DWI sentencing guidelines. Unlike most other states (PA included), in Missouri, charges can be dismissed or plea bargained down to a lesser offense, and he could theoretically get no jail time. The civil case is another matter, but as far as him going behind bars, he might end up on probation with attending a mandatory drug/alcohol counselling program w/testing as his sentence. 

Lame, I guess just keep letting him do this till he actually kills someone

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lame, I guess just keep letting him do this till he actually kills someone

I think this issue is why the Attorney for the little girl is publicly pushing for the most serious charges. If they can raise a big enough stink, he may experience the more punitive consequences of his actions. Time will tell.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

as a recovering alcoholic,  there is not much parents/adults can do but try to get us help.  it took me my wife's pleading and seeing my kids not having a responsible dad, I went to rehab to get cleaned up.  addiction ultimately lies on the individuals.  most of the time, the people around suffer the most. 

• Like 6

I will say I've been in recovery over the past 17 years.......sober for basically 15 of them......having gone back out and "experimenting" with the same failed results.  I am an alcoholic.....meaning, if I have ONE drink, it sets off a phenomena of craving that makes me want to have another drink.   I cannot safely consume alcohol.  All the wishing, all the maybe one, all the I want to be normal is gone.  It would be so nice to be able to have a drink, be social and go to bed.  But the way my body is wired, if I have one drink, I will continue to drink til blackout and passout.  The worst part is my disease tells me I don't have one.....I'd like to think of myself as a smart guy, but in the back of my mind I constantly hear "You weren't that bad", "You had a lot of fun", "Go ahead, try again...it will be different this time".  Here's a fact, in my 20 years of drinking, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I drank as a normal person.  

Now the ugly, I probably drove drunk 100's of times.....the fact that I didn't kill myself or someone else is a shear mix of luck and God, and even scarier, I never got a DUI.  Addiction is real, it is ugly and the only cure is to not allow any alcohol into my body.  But that being said, there is no excuse, if I put a bullet in a gun and pull the trigger and someone gets hurt/killed, then I'd have to face those charges.  Well putting alcohol in an alcoholic is the exact same thing.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2021 at 6:01 AM, NYEagle said:

I will say I've been in recovery over the past 17 years.......sober for basically 15 of them......having gone back out and "experimenting" with the same failed results.  I am an alcoholic.....meaning, if I have ONE drink, it sets off a phenomena of craving that makes me want to have another drink.   I cannot safely consume alcohol.  All the wishing, all the maybe one, all the I want to be normal is gone.  It would be so nice to be able to have a drink, be social and go to bed.  But the way my body is wired, if I have one drink, I will continue to drink til blackout and passout.  The worst part is my disease tells me I don't have one.....I'd like to think of myself as a smart guy, but in the back of my mind I constantly hear "You weren't that bad", "You had a lot of fun", "Go ahead, try again...it will be different this time".  Here's a fact, in my 20 years of drinking, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I drank as a normal person.  

Now the ugly, I probably drove drunk 100's of times.....the fact that I didn't kill myself or someone else is a shear mix of luck and God, and even scarier, I never got a DUI.  Addiction is real, it is ugly and the only cure is to not allow any alcohol into my body.  But that being said, there is no excuse, if I put a bullet in a gun and pull the trigger and someone gets hurt/killed, then I'd have to face those charges.  Well putting alcohol in an alcoholic is the exact same thing.  

Brave share. Takes a real man to admit he has a problem. Godspeed.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, toolg said:

Took long enough

Surprised it's only 7 years when he's got a record and the little girl has a brain injury

BTW her gofundme has reached $544K

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Wow, I wouldn't say she's 'set for life', but that will definitely help with her care for a good number of years (as long as the funds aren't misused).

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wow, I wouldn't say she's 'set for life', but that will definitely help with her care for a good number of years (as long as the funds aren't misused).

Definitely a good chunk a change for her future. I think she's still in the hospital though. No idea what those bills will be like at the end

Strange info: This billionaire Petr Kellner donated the largest amount of $20k

Petr Kellner

but apparently recently passed away in a helicopter crash

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Oh wow, I was going to say that maybe he'd consider giving a little more to help out, but I guess that won't happen. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Oh wow, I was going to say that maybe he'd consider giving a little more to help out, but I guess that won't happen. 

Sorry for throwing that at you. I just thought that was so strange. Billionaire donates small(to him) sum of money and then passes away

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Sorry for throwing that at you. I just thought that was so strange. Billionaire donates small(to him) sum of money and then passes away

No, nothing to be sorry about. It is a strange thing. I haven't really been 'plugged' in to much news lately, so I hadn't heard about any of it. If I was, I'm sure I would have known about it by now. 

I didn't even know about the 17 game schedule until the 'record prediction' thread and I saw someone predicted 7-10. 

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, nothing to be sorry about. It is a strange thing. I haven't really been 'plugged' in to much news lately, so I hadn't heard about any of it. If I was, I'm sure I would have known about it by now. 

I didn't even know about the 17 game schedule until the 'record prediction' thread and I saw someone predicted 7-10. 

I just checked the top donations on the page and saw the amount with a name to it. Googled it and saw him. Didn't even notice it said he passed away recently until I looked again after your reply

I understand though. I don't check the news a lot too. Too depressing

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 11:43 AM, Mike030270 said:

Surprised it's only 7 years when he's got a record and the little girl has a brain injury

If he's convicted, he won't even get half of that sentence. 

Really makes me wonder if AR failed failed as a parent, to be a successful NFL coach? 

On 4/12/2021 at 5:39 PM, Mike030270 said:

Definitely a good chunk a change for her future. I think she's still in the hospital though. No idea what those bills will be like at the end

Strange info: This billionaire Petr Kellner donated the largest amount of $20k

Petr Kellner

Because of the thread bump I got curious and checked out the gofundme

Apparently this guy has donated another $20k since his death...

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Because of the thread bump I got curious and checked out the gofundme

Apparently this guy has donated another $20k since his death...

Is that the same person as Petr Kellner? The spelling of the first name is different. Peter vs. Petr. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is that the same person as Petr Kellner? The spelling of the first name is different. Peter vs. Petr. 

Good eye. Didn't see that. We can ignore the past few posts then lol

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Good eye. Didn't see that. We can ignore the past few posts then lol

The thing that confused me was that "Petr" was a Czech. So I wasn't sure why he'd even come to know about the situation, unless he was a Chiefs fan and learned of it that way. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The thing that confused me was that "Petr" was a Czech. So I wasn't sure why he'd even come to know about the situation, unless he was a Chiefs fan and learned of it that way. 

I could believe billionaires just going through gofundme to donate. People are always looking for the off chance of some rich person seeing their request

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I could believe billionaires just going through gofundme to donate. People are always looking for the off chance of some rich person seeing their request

Well, some billionaire needs to come across our GoFundMe and donate $40k to $50k to us. All of it would go for hosting... Scouts Honor... 

• 1 month later...

AP - "KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid pleaded not guilty Monday to critically injuring a young girl in a crash, and the judge allowed him to resume driving with restrictions.

The judge modified his bond during his arraignment to allow him to have a special interlock device installed that requires him to pass a breathalyzer test before his vehicle will start."

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, dweagle said:

AP - "KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Former Kansas City Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid pleaded not guilty Monday to critically injuring a young girl in a crash, and the judge allowed him to resume driving with restrictions.

The judge modified his bond during his arraignment to allow him to have a special interlock device installed that requires him to pass a breathalyzer test before his vehicle will start."

What a freaking joke. If that was in another city he would be in jail for a long time. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

What a freaking joke. If that was in another city he would be in jail for a long time. 

If it was another person, such as a normal blue collar guy, he would have been made an example of and got the book thrown at him. 7 years for killing someone, and not his first offense. Our judicial system is a big pile of S and I have no faith in it

• Like 2

I knew about this but not in detail and just spent 30 minutes or so reading about this POS. I spent 30 years in Neuro trauma nursing having just retired last year as a 10 year charge nurse in my ICU. The little girl's head trauma was massive.  I'm appalled at Britt Reid's behavior and his freedom. He should not be released to continue to be a boil on the skin of society.

This little girl will never be the same, her best life was robbed from her by this pox on society who is a convicted drug dealer and has assaulted a man with a firearm before. Any court should see he has no judgement.  

On andy Reid and his parenting skills . . . another son died of a heroin OD, while at Eagles TC.   Not directly AR's "fault" but it seems to illustrate parenting problems.

I know what I'd be tempted to do if I was that little girl's dad!  Wouldn't do it but hard not to think that way.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1