BDN coming home??

Vileborg

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But that's actually a bad thing. This team shouldn't be looking to just make the play offs. Getting to 9-8 or 8-9 or even 10-7 shouldn't be the goal here. 

You gotta actually get to the playoffs before you can talk about what happens after. For at least 12 games last year they got subpar play from both quarterbacks. Their offensive line was a mess. The coaching was below the bar for the whole season. It’s time to turn the page. If Hurts is playing behind a healthy line things could change. We will see.Then there’s always the Foles factor and I’m never counting that dude out when he wears Eagle green. 

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You are kidding bud? This team isn't turning it around. Not with the current roster, not with Howie making the picks. 

And we still won't have a QB in a QB driven league.  You are correct.   2021 isn't looking so good.

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

And we still won't have a QB in a QB driven league.  You are correct.   2021 isn't looking so good.

We didn’t have a QB last season. Funny though for a QB driven league we sure had a lot of people crying to run the ball more. 🤔

• Like 2

The only problem I have with Nick coming back is all the Foles fans going nuts and having another QB controversy with Jalen. Why does every year need to have drama???

6 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Just figures that when I'm finally allowed back here Foles comes back again. 

Kind of irritating. 

Probably why they’re trading for him. 

:whistle:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

He isn't a starting QB regardless of how much people want him to be because he doesn't have the arm for it. Take his legs away and he is screwed.  He isn't Wilson. 1 offseason isn't fixing that.

Totally Disagree

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Arm strength means little if you can’t accurately place the ball. I don’t think his arm strength is as bad as some make it out to be. With that being the case his legs are a part of his game too. Frankly I’m more concerned with the fumbling than how hard he throws the football. 

I am also concerned with fumbling, but I have to play the devils advocate...he did not practice with any receivers when he was thrown in other than Ward. No practice ...What do you expect. For what he was asked and given..he did OK.

3 hours ago, Damanick10 said:

The only problem I have with Nick coming back is all the Foles fans going nuts and having another QB controversy with Jalen. Why does every year need to have drama???

I don’t think Jalen will have to worry about Foles, I think Jalen will have to worry about the quarterback that Howie will pick at number 6, remember, quarterback factory, lol.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I am also concerned with fumbling, but I have to play the devils advocate...he did not practice with any receivers when he was thrown in other than Ward. No practice ...What do you expect. For what he was asked and given..he did OK.

I would give Hurts a wait and see right now. I want to give him the chance to see what he can do. I didn’t like the turnovers, but I’m not ready to say he’s turnover prone. I would rather see what he can do than draft another quarterback this year. 

31 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

I don’t think Jalen will have to worry about Foles, I think Jalen will have to worry about the quarterback that Howie will pick at number 6, remember, quarterback factory, lol.

When it comes to Howie nothing is impossible.

• Like 2

Maybe we should stop worrying about worrying?  Nothing we can do about it anyway.  This is a man's league.  Competition is "supposed" to bring out one's best.  Dunno if Nick returns or not but regardless-a vet will be here to compete with Hurts for PT.   Personally; for a team that seems to value O more than D under this management group I just want to see competency in attack.  Give the new staff & new QB (whomever) a chance.  Don't put everything on the shoulders of 1 player and act like a team.  Do that, get ready to pick early again next year and at least by then you'll know what you have and what you need.  Too many variables to pin hopes on blowing your draft for 1 guy you can't predict will succeed behind this mess anyway.  Eagles are not getting Lawrence-and that's the only surefire option at QB. 

10 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Did Carson show any desire to stay that no one is aware off? I have not heard anything from Carson

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. If he wants out and the team isn't willing or able to move him, then his desire doesn't really  matter all that much (from a team/contract standpoint). 

My desire to see him stay is simply from a fan standpoint. He had a bad season, yes. But I think that a lot of that had to do with coaching and play calling. Carson definitely deserves his share of the blame/responsibility, but better position/head coaching can fix those things. 

Ultimately, when all's said and done, I want what's best for the franchise. If that's trading him, then I may not be happy for a minute, but so be it. I wasn't happy when McNabb was traded, I wasn't happy when Andy was fired. But in the long run, it all worked out to bring us a Lombardi. So I'll just stand fast and mark time and hope for the best. 

As for Nick, I don't mind him coming back. I think I'd have preferred to have Doug coaching him, because Doug seemed to be able to bring the best out in him. But we'll see what these new coaches can don.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Please no. Look he's a legend, a hero but do not want that guy back in Philly! He's a back up nothing more but this fan base would want him to start. 

Not everyone in the fan base who loves Nick would want him to be starter. We are smart enough to know he is a quality backup QB and would love him to "come home." To those who think he is a starter, God bless you little souls.

• Like 2

If Foles is content to be our long term backup I'd be happy to have him back.  He is only paid $4M this season and $8M the season after.  We can easily afford that for a solid backup after we shed the Wentz albatross contract.

Next year we will suck no matter what, but we could be ready to compete again by 2022.  It will be good to have a solid backup then.

2 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

If Foles is content to be our long term backup I'd be happy to have him back.  He is only paid $4M this season and $8M the season after.  We can easily afford that for a solid backup after we shed the Wentz albatross contract.

Next year we will suck no matter what, but we could be ready to compete again by 2022.  It will be good to have a solid backup then.

I’d have to think that at this point in his career, after bouncing around to several different teams and never being able to hold onto a starting job... he’s likely accepted that his role as an NFL player now is to be a good backup and mentor. He’s always been a humble dude, and I can’t imagine he is still expecting a starting job. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Not everyone in the fan base who loves Nick would want him to be starter. We are smart enough to know he is a quality backup QB and would love him to "come home." To those who think he is a starter, God bless you little souls.

The first bad throw, sack, or pick and people in here will be screaming for Foles lol

On 2/6/2021 at 3:38 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Please no. Look he's a legend, a hero but do not want that guy back in Philly! He's a back up nothing more but this fan base would want him to start. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing Foles come back but certainly not as a starter.  If Wentz is dealt I want to see Hurts all of 2021 to get a much more thorough evaluation to see exactly what we have in him and Foles could be his backup. If Hurts looks bad this year they draft a QB high in 2022.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Screenshot_20210207-193733_Instagram.jpg

Foles and Eli still the only quarterbacks to beat Brady in the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

The first bad throw, sack, or pick and people in here will be screaming for Foles lol

Some might. I don’t see it happening though. Hurts would either have to get hurt or be completely ineffective for several games before he’s pulled. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

You are probably right. I won't be one of them, even though I am a Foles fan. 

On 2/6/2021 at 3:38 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh if he comes he's starting. We all know that. If it comes down to the hero or rookie deal Jalen Hurts that didn't even look very impressive? I know we went with Wentz over him but he was the number two pick coming off of a stellar season.  We are gonna roll with Foles. I hope it doesn't destroy his image to us. It never will for me no matter how bad he is. I can't boo that man. 

• Haha 1

I don't want my last memory of the guy that gave me one of the happiest days of my life struggling on a crappy team. 

13 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I'd sure want him to start over fricking Jalen Hurts. But I didn't want Carson to leave so. 

• Like 2