BDN coming home??

Vileborg

On 2/7/2021 at 2:57 AM, EazyEaglez said:

We didn’t have a QB last season. Funny though for a QB driven league we sure had a lot of people crying to run the ball more. 🤔

That will happen when your QB is playing like ish.

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

That will happen when your QB is playing like ish.

Some around here seem to think we are fine there. 

On 2/6/2021 at 9:39 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You are kidding bud? This team isn't turning it around. Not with the current roster, not with Howie making the picks. 

Yes unfortunately with Howie picking the players we're in for a multi year 3-13. 4-12 slog.

On 2/7/2021 at 2:09 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I hope Roseman and the Eagles have learned their lesson. Do not pay these young quarterbacks big money until they absolutely deserve it. Stop coddling these young guys too soon. I believed the Eagles made the right choice back then, but if they chose to trade Wentz for picks, drafted another guy to groom behind Foles, and used those picks to build a roster things might have turned out better. 

With Howie's drafting acumen? Are you quite sure about that?

On 2/6/2021 at 6:10 PM, Muz86 said:

So you don’t want to watch winning football? Because that is all foles has provided philly. Don’t take this is a slight, but were you watching / a fan during his first tenure with the eagles?

He was up and down. Would I take him back over having Hurts as the starter? Yes but both of them are not much more than very good back-ups that can win you a couple of games if necessary (super bowl aside) 

29 minutes ago, greend said:

He was up and down. Would I take him back over having Hurts as the starter? Yes but both of them are not much more than very good back-ups that can win you a couple of games if necessary (super bowl aside) 

He’s 21-11 as an eagle. Whilst not phenomenal, that’s certainly better than average. It’s a team sport for sure and not saying he can do that with the team we have now, but it’s still a pretty nice stat.

My preference is to ship wentz (provided the price is right) and draft best qb available at no 6 (or trade down and still draft a qb high). Although I’m also ok with giving hurts a season to see what he’s got.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

He’s 21-11 as an eagle. Whilst not phenomenal, that’s certainly better than average. It’s a team sport for sure and not saying he can do that with the team we have now, but it’s still a pretty nice stat.

My preference is to ship wentz (provided the price is right) and draft best qb available at no 6 (or trade down and still draft a qb high). Although I’m also ok with giving hurts a season to see what he’s got.

If we trade Wentz then I'm okay with rolling with  Hurts and seeing what we have  (which I think I already know) and then if Hurts stinks we ought to have a good pick again next year.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

It’s quite amazing how much different of a player he seems to be for the Eagles than for other teams. Seems like the guy never really had a fair shake anywhere he went. Dude has been injured a lot too, but 21-11 and that’s not even including the playoffs is quite impressive. He’s the enigma of Philly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weko said:

Yes unfortunately with Howie picking the players we're in for a multi year 3-13. 4-12 slog.

Are we gonna be so bad the NFL doesn’t give us the 17th game?  😂 

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s quite amazing how much different of a player he seems to be for the Eagles than for other teams. Seems like the guy never really had a fair shake anywhere he went. Dude has been injured a lot too, but 21-11 and that’s not even including the playoffs is quite impressive. He’s the enigma of Philly. 

I think it’s 25-13 with playoffs Included. I find it funny how everyone here seems hell bent on the idea that foles is no more than a backup qb when he has played as well as he has in midnight green. He may have played like an average journeyman qb everywhere else in his career, but he has played like a franchise qb here.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 11:47 PM, NOTW said:

I unfollowed him due to excessively retweeting and liking political nonsense 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RUEagle said:

I unfollowed him due to excessively retweeting and liking political nonsense 

Yeah I have a list of Philly sports related people and Les and a couple others are often retweeting political stuff.  I just want to see sports stuff.

13 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I'd sure want him to start over fricking Jalen Hurts. But I didn't want Carson to leave so. 

I see where you are coming from, but this is a youth movement, and either Hurts is starting, or if Howie loses his mind and picks a QB at #6 (which he is insane enough to do), then that QB would start if he beats out Hurts in camp. But Foles? He isn't a starter anymore- that boat has sailed into the sunset.

16 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I see where you are coming from, but this is a youth movement, and either Hurts is starting, or if Howie loses his mind and picks a QB at #6 (which he is insane enough to do), then that QB would start if he beats out Hurts in camp. But Foles? He isn't a starter anymore- that boat has sailed into the sunset.

Everytime he comes to Philly he plays like a starter. Hurts isn't the answer. 

On 2/8/2021 at 10:30 AM, Muz86 said:

I think it’s 25-13 with playoffs Included. I find it funny how everyone here seems hell bent on the idea that foles is no more than a backup qb when he has played as well as he has in midnight green. He may have played like an average journeyman qb everywhere else in his career, but he has played like a franchise qb here.

Because he only plays as well as he does when he comes of the bench and goes on a hot streak. Then he gets hurt and starts the whole process again. When he has started the season as a starter he has been pretty rough. 

Also we don't have anywhere near the talent we have had the last few times he has played here. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Talonblood said:

31 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Because he only plays as well as he does when he comes of the bench and goes on a hot streak. Then he gets hurt and starts the whole process again. When he has started the season as a starter he has been pretty rough. 

Also we don't have anywhere near the talent we have had the last few times he has played here. 

This. I love Foles and what he has done here and I root for him to do well whenever he moves on.

But Foles needs a really good offensive line and at least decent skill players and has always struggled when he has been "given the keys".

I would love to see Foles come here and rejuvenate the Eagles, but I think the reality is he is probably best suited to being a high quality back-up, who would put a lot of pressure on Hurts/any other young QB if he did come back due to his reputation here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

But Foles needs a really good offensive line and at least decent skill players and has always struggled when he has been "given the keys".

Bud, if they brought him back here and "gave him the keys" then well... Actually Howie is in charge of personnel decisions etc so my god they could do it. 

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, Uscg-green said:

Everytime he comes to Philly he plays like a starter. Hurts isn't the answer. 

Glad you can fully evaluate a quarterback based on 4 starts as a rookie. You should call up the Eagles and let them know about your extensive film study. 

52 minutes ago, nipples said:

Glad you can fully evaluate a quarterback based on 4 starts as a rookie. You should call up the Eagles and let them know about your extensive film study. 

Hurts sucks. You have your opinion I have mine. You aren't changing mine. Oh and I've watched him play a hell of a lot more than those four crappy starts. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThinkGreen said:

Rumor mill is bullish on it today. This would be optimal.

Agree.  The Eagles cannot:

* Play with only 1 QB on the roster.

* Play with only inexperienced QB's on the roster.

* Play with uncertainty as to the capabilities of every QB on the roster.

I don't get the sense that Hurts or Foles are that thin-skinned to not understand the situation they would BOTH find themselves in up there.  Opportunity knocks......but both appear (and Nick has proven) to be good teammates.  Having somebody who has been through the wars there and come through it as a mentor and emergency brake/spot starter will give each a chance to prove their worth in the near term while buying time to find "the next guy" through the transition worse case scenario.

Philly needs to rebuild the entire roster, and you can't do that blowing draft picks to move up to #2-or wasting #6.  Johnson has a connection to Jalen.  Petullo has a connection to the RPO game Nick thrives in.  Give it a year is all I'm saying.  If any side is that uncomfortable with the fit if not the idea......is Fitzpatrick available?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

Agree.  The Eagles cannot:

* Play with only 1 QB on the roster.

* Play with only inexperienced QB's on the roster.

* Play with uncertainty as to the capabilities of every QB on the roster.

I don't get the sense that Hurts or Foles are that thin-skinned to not understand the situation they would BOTH find themselves in up there.  Opportunity knocks......but both appear (and Nick has proven) to be good teammates.  Having somebody who has been through the wars there and come through it as a mentor and emergency brake/spot starter will give each a chance to prove their worth in the near term while buying time to find "the next guy" through the transition worse case scenario.

Philly needs to rebuild the entire roster, and you can't do that blowing draft picks to move up to #2-or wasting #6.  Johnson has a connection to Jalen.  Petullo has a connection to the RPO game Nick thrives in.  Give it a year is all I'm saying.  If any side is that uncomfortable with the fit if not the idea......is Fitzpatrick available?

I don't know if the Linc is big enough for Fitz's beard.