NFL Draft Ongoing Discussion - grade the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

Apparently according to the article in the Inquirer not too many Players declared themselves for 2021 draft and postponing until 2022 draft. With Eagles having 5 out of 11 picks in Round 6 and 7 , that is not a good news. On the other hand It is great about moving down and receiving 2022 first round pick in the process. Expectation is that our later round draft picks will be used as a draft ammo to either trade for next year picks , or move a few spots up in 2021 draft. 

If you know any potential players that are flying under the radar...Who is your favorite? With the draft being so close, trying to gather more information on later round picks.

Ironically, the last time a draft was this devoid of talent was when the Eagles selected Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz.

18 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Apparently according to the article in the Inquirer not too many Players declared themselves for 2021 draft and postponing until 2022 draft. With Eagles having 5 out of 11 picks in Round 6 and 7 , that is not a good news. On the other hand It is great about moving down and receiving 2022 first round pick in the process. Expectation is that our later round draft picks will be used as a draft ammo to either trade for next year picks , or move a few spots up in 2021 draft. 

If you know any potential players that are flying under the radar...Who is your favorite? With the draft being so close, trying to gather more information on later round picks.

There’s a long list of "sleepers” at almost every position due to Covid restricting evaluations. My list includes (not necessarily sleepers but projected to be drafted much later than they should):

QB: Mills

RB: Hubbard, Kylin Hill, Herbert

WR: Collins, Wallace, Watkins, Adams Jr., Vasher

TE: Meh

O-Line: Mayfield, Carman, Awosika, Anderson, Menet

DE: Perkins, Turner, Elerson Smith, Patrick Jones, Odeyingbo, Patrick Johnson, Tarron Jackson

DT: Bobby Brown

LB: McGrone, Moses, Rice, Barnes

CB: Shakur Brown, St. Juste, Tre Brown, Tay Gowan, Jean-Charles

S: Hufanga, Cisco, Wiggins, Gillespie, Deablo, Sherwood, Thompson, Ford

58 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

There’s a long list of "sleepers” at almost every position due to Covid restricting evaluations. My list includes (not necessarily sleepers but projected to be drafted much later than they should):

RB: Hubbard

WR: Collins

O-Line:Menet

DE: Elerson Smith

LB: Moses

CB: Tay Gowen 

S: Cisco,Ford

Take whoever in round 1 and 2 and give me those 9 guys in the 3td-7th and I'd be doing flips. 

11 minutes ago, What The F said:

Take whoever in round 1 and 2 and give me those 9 guys in the 3td-7th and I'd be doing flips. 

1: Horn

2: Marshall Jr.

3A: Moses

3B: Elerson Smith

4: Cisco or Wiggins

5: Menet

6A: Barnes

6B: Hubbard

6C: St. Juste

7A: Awosika

7B: Gowan

7C: Ford

This is my dream draft. Then grab Adams Jr., Jean-Charles, and Tarron Jackson as UDFA.

1 hour ago, SB52 said:

Ironically, the last time a draft was this devoid of talent was when the Eagles selected Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz.

devoid, is how I explain hpenis brain

2 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

RB: Hubbard, Kylin Hill, Herbert

WR: Collins, Wallace, Watkins, Adams Jr., Vasher

TE: Meh

O-Line: Mayfield, Carman, Awosika, Anderson, Menet

DE: Perkins, Turner, Elerson Smith, Patrick Jones, Odeyingbo, Patrick Johnson, Tarron Jackson

DT: Bobby Brown

LB: McGrone, Moses, Rice, Barnes

CB: Shakur Brown, St. Juste, Tre Brown, Tay Gowan, Jean-Charles

S: Hufanga, Cisco, Wiggins, Gillespie, Deablo, Sherwood, Thompson, Ford

What do you think about CB Robert Rochelle? He did very well in 2019 but limited play in 2020. In 2018 and 2019 had 9 interceptions. He should be a 5th or 6th round pick. I saw some people calling him a diamond in the rough, and with our mediocre secondary we could use all the help we can get.

1 minute ago, Traveler Vic said:

What do you think about CB Robert Rochelle? He did very well in 2019 but limited play in 2020. In 2018 and 2019 had 9 interceptions. He should be a 5th or 6th round pick. I saw some people calling him a diamond in the rough, and with our mediocre secondary we could use all the help we can get.

His performance at the senior bowl turned me off a bit. I only saw a little bit though.

QB  Jamie Newman - Wake Forest, opt out GA in 2020.  He really only has 2019 season to his credit and the opt out, plus taking 4 sacks at the Senior Bowl killed his draft stock, he doesn’t go through his progressions, but he has a really accurate deep ball and can make every throw.   

C  David Moore - Grambling. 6ft 350lbs, trains with Bruce Matthews, voted O Lineman MVP by the D Line at the Senior Bowl because he destroyed everyone put in front of him. 

DT  Milton Williams - Louisiana Tech 6’4” 280lbs.  Tested 99th percentile in the 3 cone, vertical, broad, and 40yd.  93rd percentile in the 10yd split and bench was 87th.

CB  Zach McPhearson - Texas Tech 5’11 195lbs, recovered a blocked punt and ran it back 90 yards, 4 ints, All Big 12 first team. 

5 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

QB  Jamie Newman - Wake Forest, opt out GA in 2020.  He really only has 2019 season to his credit and the opt out, plus taking 4 sacks at the Senior Bowl killed his draft stock, he doesn’t go through his progressions, but he has a really accurate deep ball and can make every throw.   

C  David Moore - Grambling. 6ft 350lbs, trains with Bruce Matthews, voted O Lineman MVP by the D Line at the Senior Bowl because he destroyed everyone put in front of him. 

DT  Milton Williams - Louisiana Tech 6’4” 280lbs.  Tested 99th percentile in the 3 cone, vertical, broad, and 40yd.  93rd percentile in the 10yd split and bench was 87th.

CB  Zach McPhearson - Texas Tech 5’11 195lbs, recovered a blocked punt and ran it back 90 yards, 4 ints, All Big 12 first team. 

I especcialy like David Moore story..Almost like a Movie script. From Lazy lineman to facing the best Defenders in the country without skipping a bit. We could definitely use a guard like him.

7 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I especcialy like David Moore story..Almost like a Movie script. From Lazy lineman to facing the best Defenders in the country without skipping a bit. We could definitely use a guard like him.

The way he gets off the line dude should be a NT in a 3-4, lol.    
 This draft isn’t loaded but there are some decent LBers, and Corners.  Wade from Ohio St was projected as a first rounder last year I believe, then Ohio St put him outside instead of covering the slot and he didn’t have a good year,  and he was especially bad in the playoffs.  Stokes from GA ranked by some as the 5th thru the 8th best CB. 

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

The way he gets off the line dude should be a NT in a 3-4, lol.    
 This draft isn’t loaded but there are some decent LBers, and Corners.  Wade from Ohio St was projected as a first rounder last year I believe, then Ohio St put him outside instead of covering the slot and he didn’t have a good year,  and he was especially bad in the playoffs.  Stokes from GA ranked by some as the 5th thru the 8th best CB. 

Bears had Refrigerator Perry who was a DT and an occasional Fullback. We could use a road grader like Moore ... whether he plays defense or Guard. 🙂

Well Etienne is "sliding" towards the second, and I think he doesn't get the attention he deserves. Israel Mukuamu is projected a late day three by now which is mind boggling to me..

Really like Ramondre Stevenson on day three too.

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Well Etienne is "sliding" towards the second, and I think he doesn't get the attention he deserves. Israel Mukuamu is projected a late day three by now which is mind boggling to me..

Gotta have a power back, and he fills the need. I like him too.

7 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

If Moore is available in the 4th he's a no-brainer.

Honestly, I’m okay stockpiling picks for next year, with hopefully a full slate of CFB games to scout and a deep pool of players having multiple high picks will be a huge blessing for this team.

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

If Moore is available in the 4th he's a no-brainer.

Absolutely and Kelce’s replacement. 

5 hours ago, Infam said:

I agree on both of these. Landing Israel Mukuamu in Round 4 or later could be a big-time value pick down the road. He's got the size and athleticism to be a good outside CB, but Jaycee Horn is the prospect garnering 1st round buzz. Wouldn't be opposed to drafting both! 😀

Stevenson would be a good complement to Miles Sanders as well, if the team is looking to draft a RB.

I just hope we focus on secondary and Lb.    it’s a perfect draft for it.  Next year we can get a stud wr

20 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

The NFL may need to have a think about how they work the draft next year with so many players potentially going to declare. 

19 hours ago, What The F said:

give me Mose and Collin and im happy this draft.

Honestly im ok with our late picks this draft. I am feeling pretty good about the picks we have just hope that the team doesn't try to get cute....

31 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The NFL may need to have a think about how they work the draft next year with so many players potentially going to declare. 

Why? The better prospects just push the others further down the draft. Maybe guys that would be drafted in the 1st get pushed down to 2n or 3rd. If anything they will just have more undrafted players then usual which isn't a bad thing. 

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Why? The better prospects just push the others further down the draft. Maybe guys that would be drafted in the 1st get pushed down to 2n or 3rd. If anything they will just have more undrafted players then usual which isn't a bad thing. 

Because there could be double the number of guys entering the draft next year? Like you say guys who may have gone in the 1st could be pushed to the 2nd or 3rd. Guys who may have gone in the middle rounds go in the later rounds and a lot of guys go undrafted. That's going to impact a lot of those young guys financially and a lot won't ever get the chance that they may otherwise have had.

Archived