NFL Draft Ongoing Discussion - grade the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

On 4/27/2021 at 4:06 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The NFL may need to have a think about how they work the draft next year with so many players potentially going to declare. 

The NFL has weathered that storm before. The1983 draft has essentially two draft classes in one, and the supplemental draft in 1984 after the USFL folded was big too. They'll figure it out.

Why do I feel like Howie is going to trade away that extra 1st next year on something foolish?

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Fair enough mate. He’s been lucky to stay given Doug, Schwartz and Wentz were all ousted.

But love the move down to 12 and I want to see how this draft and last years pan out. If he doesn’t draft well again then we need someone else running the show with our 3 firsts.

For better or worse, he seems to have Lurie's total faith and trust.  And he is good at cap and trading strategically with draft picks.  Where the wheels come off is player personnel.  His entire reason for being is to build a roster that is in the championship conversation year after year.  That has not happened. 

This feels like the year that the Eagles desperately need a CB, the draft is deep in CB and they don't pick a CB before rd 3.  We've lived this before.

If eagles trade up it will be for Smith or Surtain. Change my mind

On 4/26/2021 at 7:33 PM, SB52 said:

Ironically, the last time a draft was this devoid of talent was when the Eagles selected Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz.

proof that even a blind squirrel will find a nut once and a while

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Why do I feel like Howie is going to trade away that extra 1st next year on something foolish?

we will move up 2 spots to pick a OT who is 27 and a fireman. 

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

If eagles trade up it will be for Smith or Surtain. Change my mind

Well there’s a chance Fields is there for the taking... could move up a few spots and grab him. Which I believe they SHOULD do. 

If Arthur Smith wants his own QB in rd 1, things could get interesting.

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Because he doesn't value draft picks the way he should.

OK, it's draft day and I'm all in on Smith. If Asante Samuel falls to us in the second, that'd be a pretty good combo IMO.

That said, I'm ready for Paye and a random guy I've never heard of. 

Howie: moving back to 12 gave them flexibility to move back up if they like a guy, but they like their board for picking at 12.

I'm nervous about the trades above the Eagles hurting their chances to get a player they need. It would have been beneficial if the teams above them took QB, allowing other positions to fall.

We will see what happens tonight, but perhaps that is why the rumors of the Eagles trading back up have started. They feel they can't wait for Surtain, Horn, or one of the WRs to fall to them.

46 minutes ago, judunno said:

DRAFT DAYYYYYYYYYYY WOOOT WOOOT. Rebuild time.

Rebuild under the guy who screwed it up the first time.  The Eagles way

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Howie: moving back to 12 gave them flexibility to move back up if they like a guy, but they like their board for picking at 12.

I liked their board better at 6.

20 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Rebuild under the guy who screwed it up the first time.  The Eagles way

Eagles rebuild successfully from the draft!!!!  WOOOOO! No one knows what it means! But it's provocative. It gets the people going!

16 minutes ago, judunno said:

Eagles rebuild successfully from the draft!!!!  WOOOOO! No one knows what it means! But it's provocative. It gets the people going!

We are rebuilding now.  As opposed to the previous drafts when we weren't trying to pick good young players

7 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

We are rebuilding now.  As opposed to the previous drafts when we weren't trying to pick good young players

Did use a lot of capital for (in hindsight) questionable trades..

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

As long as another team doesn't pick their guy.

"We've spent a lot of time not necessarily looking at what the mock drafts are saying, but looking at who we want, and what we like and the opportunities that make sense for our football team AS OPPOSED TO JUST WHAT THAT BOARD SAYS." - Howie

Somebody please tell me how that isn't Howie repeating the same :censored: mistakes again

9 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

"We've spent a lot of time not necessarily looking at what the mock drafts are saying, but looking at who we want, and what we like and the opportunities that make sense for our football team AS OPPOSED TO JUST WHAT THAT BOARD SAYS." - Howie

Somebody please tell me how that isn't Howie repeating the same :censored: mistakes again

Good Lord.  Every year I’d get all amped up for the draft long in advance.  The past couple of years I’d start off all juiced but as we got closer I lose a bit of my enthusiasm.  This year is the most extreme.  I’m just expecting Howie to F this up at this point.  May just watch a Golden Girls marathon ... might be less painful.   :P

Archived