NFL Draft Ongoing Discussion - grade the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's going to impact a lot of those young guys financially and a lot won't ever get the chance that they may otherwise have had.

I doubt the NFL cares about that at all. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I doubt the NFL cares about that at all. 

I guess not... Just seems a little unfair when there could be nearly double the amount of entrants.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess not... Just seems a little unfair when there could be nearly double the amount of entrants.

What would the league do about it though? Doesn’t seem like much, or even that it should be their concern. 

On 4/26/2021 at 7:39 PM, eaglesflyers#1 said:

There’s a long list of "sleepers” at almost every position due to Covid restricting evaluations. My list includes (not necessarily sleepers but projected to be drafted much later than they should):

QB: Mills

RB: Hubbard, Kylin Hill, Herbert

WR: Collins, Wallace, Watkins, Adams Jr., Vasher

TE: Meh

O-Line: Mayfield, Carman, Awosika, Anderson, Menet

DE: Perkins, Turner, Elerson Smith, Patrick Jones, Odeyingbo, Patrick Johnson, Tarron Jackson

DT: Bobby Brown

LB: McGrone, Moses, Rice, Barnes

CB: Shakur Brown, St. Juste, Tre Brown, Tay Gowan, Jean-Charles

S: Hufanga, Cisco, Wiggins, Gillespie, Deablo, Sherwood, Thompson, Ford

Add in Marco Wilson to that CB group

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because there could be double the number of guys entering the draft next year? Like you say guys who may have gone in the 1st could be pushed to the 2nd or 3rd. Guys who may have gone in the middle rounds go in the later rounds and a lot of guys go undrafted. That's going to impact a lot of those young guys financially and a lot won't ever get the chance that they may otherwise have had.

On the other hand with so few players declaring this year, guys who might not have been on the radar will get good looks in the middle to late rounds. It all kind of evens out. 

These were my thoughts on our draft pick:

”So we drafted a 27 year old Guard with 2 years of football experience in his entire life, with the 23rd pick of the first round?

He'll be ready to retire when his rookie contract expires.

Well, the Eagles always keep it interesting”

lets hope we do better this year. 

5 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

”So we drafted a 27 year old Guard with 2 years of football experience in his entire life, with the 23rd pick of the first round?

But if the Linc caught fire he could have put it out!

I remember the opinions of Watkins before the draft were "he's a safe pick with a high floor"

I was fooled by that. Just like I was fooled by "Reagor is an outside receiver, Jefferson only played slot"

Yeah, I'll freely admit when i was wrong.

Sal Pal reports that the Eagles are considering trading back into top 10, they're intrigued by Waddle and and/or a QB.

I've never in my life witnessed such a stupid organization, if they wanted Waddle they should have remained at #6.

Moreover, this is a WR heavy draft, there will be WRs every damn bit as good as Waddle in the 3rd, keeping in mind that their own 3rd is like a late second.

The Eagles need to concentrate on that sorry-arsed defense with their first two picks. 

If they did want to select an offensive player in the 1st then go with the OT Rashawn Slater, otherwise defense!!

Concerning WRs, you want to be concerned with their ability to get open and more importantly, how well do they run with the ball once they catch it.

Some excellent prospects that may be available in rounds 2-3 are Rashad Bateman, Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Marquez Stevenson, and Tamorrion Terry, there's no need to spend a 1st round pick on a WR........my personal favorite is Marques Stevenson, he's a great runner once he makes the catch.

As far as QB goes, give Hurts a chance, fix that sorry-arsed D and he'll get you to the playoffs based on his running ability alone.

35 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

I remember the opinions of Watkins before the draft were "he's a safe pick with a high floor"

I was fooled by that. Just like I was fooled by "Reagor is an outside receiver, Jefferson only played slot"

Yeah, I'll freely admit when i was wrong.

I didn't think he was a bad pick at the time, just that it was an enormous reach to take him that early. 

1 hour ago, Dweedlebug said:

That was such a draft...are you going to recount in it's entirety?

Does anyone want to chip in for a case of vaseline for tomorrow so we can be ready when Howie fks us all? 

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Sal Pal reports that the Eagles are considering trading back into top 10, they're intrigued by Waddle and and/or a QB.

I've never in my life witnessed such a stupid organization, if they wanted Waddle they should have remained at #6.

Moreover, this is a WR heavy draft, there will be WRs every damn bit as good as Waddle in the 3rd, keeping in mind that their own 3rd is like a late second.

The Eagles need to concentrate on that sorry-arsed defense with their first two picks. 

If they did want to select an offensive player in the 1st then go with the OT Rashawn Slater, otherwise defense!!

Concerning WRs, you want to be concerned with their ability to get open and more importantly, how well do they run with the ball once they catch it.

Some excellent prospects that may be available in rounds 2-3 are Rashad Bateman, Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Marquez Stevenson, and Tamorrion Terry, there's no need to spend a 1st round pick on a WR........my personal favorite is Marques Stevenson, he's a great runner once he makes the catch.

As far as QB goes, give Hurts a chance, fix that sorry-arsed D and he'll get you to the playoffs based on his running ability alone.

Howie sucks and I don't trust him to make a pick. Waddle certainly isn't someone I want, but if they trade a 3rd (assuming that's what it takes) and get a first next year and they player they want that's not a bad move. Still think he blows the pick though. Hurts isn't going to do crap by the way. Biggest need next draft.

6 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Hurts isn't going to do crap by the way. Biggest need next draft.

Well don't worry... They'll have 3 first round picks next year to acquire the QB they want (either in the draft or by trade) so they'll use that on QB and not actually address the mess of a roster. 

18 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

On the other hand with so few players declaring this year, guys who might not have been on the radar will get good looks in the middle to late rounds. It all kind of evens out. 

There’s that too. 

10 hours ago, EagleVA said:

8 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Howie sucks and I don't trust him to make a pick. Waddle certainly isn't someone I want, but if they trade a 3rd (assuming that's what it takes) and get a first next year and they player they want that's not a bad move. Still think he blows the pick though. Hurts isn't going to do crap by the way. Biggest need next draft.

This Howie hate is getting out of hand. And believe me I wouldn’t be sorry to see him go.

There is no reputable source which suggests the Eagles are looking to trade back up for Waddle. It’s all smoke screens at this stage.

I’m increasingly confident that both Pitts and Chase go before 6. Howie made a really good move to go back to 12 and get an extra first.

I hope Howie nails this draft and I hope Hurts turns out to be a stud. If so Howie stays.

If not - time to say goodbye- win/win.

7 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

This Howie hate is getting out of hand. And believe me I wouldn’t be sorry to see him go.

Hate is a strong word so I agree there. I don't like Howie, I don't want him to be GM but I don't hate him. I don't wish him ill health. I just don't want him in the job. There's no good reason to keep him. 

36 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hate is a strong word so I agree there. I don't like Howie, I don't want him to be GM but I don't hate him. I don't wish him ill health. I just don't want him in the job. There's no good reason to keep him. 

Fair enough mate. He’s been lucky to stay given Doug, Schwartz and Wentz were all ousted.

But love the move down to 12 and I want to see how this draft and last years pan out. If he doesn’t draft well again then we need someone else running the show with our 3 firsts.

7 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Fair enough mate. He’s been lucky to stay given Doug, Schwartz and Wentz were all ousted.

But love the move down to 12 and I want to see how this draft and last years pan out. If he doesn’t draft well again then we need someone else running the show with our 3 firsts.

I just don't think he's done a good job. I know he helped deliver the SB but I think there were many factors to that. The biggest factor was that he didn't do it by building through the draft. 

See I don't like the move down. I didn't like it at the time and I still don't like it now. And now the board seems to be changing so I don't think it's going to work out for us. But hey we shall see. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly.         For me, 'hate' is exclusively reserved for politicians and the media.

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Howie made a really good move to go back to 12 and get an extra first.

I agree, I just hope he doesn't screw it up by trading back up as have been reported.

I also hope he doesn't select a WR with the first, there's no need for it, target your WR in the 3rd and your CB in the 2nd......either Kentucky corner will fit the bill.

Archived