ROUND 2 (#37): Eagles select Landon Dickerson (Alabama G/C)

Moderator6

On 5/12/2021 at 9:00 AM, time2rock said:

I think we all feel the same.  I think most of us are also quite concerned that he will have trouble avoiding further injury (considering how extensive his injury history is).  And he's coming to a location where the injury situation has been running wild no less.  Sure hope he proves those of us wrong.  

Well said with the additional point that the C is the qb of the OL. If he’s not on the field, things will be a mess. Big risk here, creed was a safer bet and andy got him at the bottom of the second. Could have traded down and got a reliable, stud center with a cool philly name. 

Creed and Dallas on the same team. 

On 4/30/2021 at 7:52 PM, T-1000 said:

HORRIBLE PICK. God forbid they would actually nail two in a row. Horrible because there were far better players available. Horrible pick because the dude has already had two torn ACL's. Horrible pick because they could have easily traded down 5-10 spots and still gotten him. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.

Torn left ACL, torm right ACL, as well as two major ankle injuries, most of those injuries required surgery......can't blame you for forseeing HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE, OLmen need a strong base and I don't see it with two bad knees and and two bad ankles.

I'll be comparing his career to undrafted David Moore out of Grambling, a player I had targeted in the 5th.  

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Torn left ACL, torm right ACL, as well as two major ankle injuries, most of those injuries required surgery......can't blame you for forseeing HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE, OLmen need a strong base and I don't see it with two bad knees and and two bad ankles.

I'll be comparing his career to undrafted David Moore out of Grambling, a player I had targeted in the 5th.  

Moore was my guy in the 5th as well, obviously a bit to early,  but I’m glad to see he landed with Carolina.   
 If, the big if is Dickerson staying healthy because then you have a G/C and a talented one.   But if they took him just to play Center, pretty stupid move for sure.

Fishing boat analogy: I put the fanciest boat on the lake 5 days in a row. It took on water and sank 4 of those 5 days before the day was done. You know, based on the 1 day it didn't sink, I love the boat's potential, so I'll pay the premium price.

Would you spend a lot for that boat and hope for the best, or buy a less fancy but demonstrably more reliable boat?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

Moore was my guy in the 5th as well, obviously a bit to early,  

Too early according to who? 

Reports from the Senior Bowl was he manhandled/domindated/destroyed  everyone put in front of him, I wouldn't have been surprised if he went in the 3rd.

As I said, I'll be following his career.

15 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Fishing boat analogy: I put the fanciest boat on the lake 5 days in a row. It took on water and sank 4 of those 5 days before the day was done. You know, based on the 1 day it didn't sink, I love the boat's potential, so I'll pay the premium price.

Would you spend a lot for that boat and hope for the best, or buy a less fancy but demonstrably more reliable boat?

Actually i would buy the fancy boat. It's way easier to fix a fancy boat to not sink than to make a ugly piece of s*** fancy. 

Damn I really like that analogy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Actually i would buy the fancy boat. It's way easier to fix a fancy boat to not sink than to make a ugly piece of s*** fancy. 

Damn I really like that analogy.

Go get 'em tiger!

Can't wait to watch Tony flex tape the universe back together in A4 :  thanosdidnothingwrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, PoconoDon said:

Go get 'em tiger!

Can't wait to watch Tony flex tape the universe back together in A4 :  thanosdidnothingwrong

If it takes on water it would have to be a bit more fancy than that though.. 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, Infam said:

If it takes on water it would have to be a bit more fancy than that though.. 😁

Agreed. I hope the kid's body holds up but he seems to have defective connective tissues in his joints. If true, that's not good.

Just now, PoconoDon said:

Agreed. I hope the kid's body holds up but he seems to have defective connective tissues in his joints. If true, that's not good.

From what I read, this is about ACLs. He's a young lineman, so he should be fine. I hope they checked him thoroughly, but if the conclusion was that he's ok he'll be good for us. 

59 minutes ago, Infam said:

From what I read, this is about ACLs. He's a young lineman, so he should be fine. I hope they checked him thoroughly, but if the conclusion was that he's ok he'll be good for us. 

Both his ankles too and required surgery. We'll see over the next few years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Both his ankles too and required surgery. We'll see over the next few years.

And that's got to be the concern here right... Those injuries add wear and tear to his body and he's still only young. Now perhaps there's no long term impact but there could be. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's got to be the concern here right... Those injuries add wear and tear to his body and he's still only young. Now perhaps there's no long term impact but there could be. 

Those ligament injuries are really worrisome as that type of connective tissue stretches and is never quite the same after repeated injuries. Joints become looser and easier to re-injure. Definitely a concern for a position like OG or C where Dline and even RBs and other players will be rolling into his ankles and knees all game. Hopefully, he can be a solid starter for at least a few seasons to justify the value of the pick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kentwo said:

Those ligament injuries are really worrisome as that type of connective tissue stretches and is never quite the same after repeated injuries. Joints become looser and easier to re-injure. Definitely a concern for a position like OG or C where Dline and even RBs and other players will be rolling into his ankles and knees all game. Hopefully, he can be a solid starter for at least a few seasons to justify the value of the pick.

Unfortunately I think he needs to be more than a solid starter for a few years. There was a lot of talent on that board that Howie passed on. 

• Like 1

Everybody is acting like the 4 injuries just sort of happened, I guess while he was just standing there or something. I would encourage those of you undergoing panic-attacks to actually take a moment to think. Most ankle and knee injuries are more or less freak injuries where an external factor came into play. In football, linemen often get rolled up on and there's little that can be done at that point. It doesn't make a player injury prone, it's just bad luck. You guys have all convinced yourself Dickerson must have a soft-tissue condition and there can be no other explanation. Do you have any videos showing the plays where he got hurt or are you just going to keep pretending you're all doctors and have examined him yourselves, discovering he has a tissue disorder?

Here's the last one at 2:35:50

• Thanks 2

On 5/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it's been pretty heavily scrutinised bud. I think a lot of fans have been very critical due to the injury concerns. That said he was out there for walk throughs during rookie minicamp so that's something. 

Great, he can still walk.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Everybody is acting like the 4 injuries just sort of happened, I guess while he was just standing there or something. I would encourage those of you undergoing panic-attacks to actually take a moment to think. Most ankle and knee injuries are more or less freak injuries where an external factor came into play. In football, linemen often get rolled up on and there's little that can be done at that point. It doesn't make a player injury prone, it's just bad luck. You guys have all convinced yourself Dickerson must have a soft-tissue condition and there can be no other explanation. Do you have any videos showing the plays where he got hurt or are you just going to keep pretending you're all doctors and have examined him yourselves, discovering he has a tissue disorder?

Here's the last one at 2:35:50

Didn't look too bad but you can't really see if his knee twisted or folds up too much.

Also see how many of the team go over and wish him well, he's clearly a very well liked guy.

He seems to handle the injury well and is laughing and smiling. Like i said before i think he's been drafted partly because of his character, not just for the minutes he'll play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Didn't look too bad but you can't really see if his knee twisted or folds up too much.

Also see how many of the team go over and wish him well, he's clearly a very well liked guy.

He seems to handle the injury well and is laughing and smiling. Like i said before i think he's been drafted partly because of his character, not just for the minutes he'll play.

I don't hate the guy and I don't necessarily hate the pick. However, I'm not going to justify using a 2nd round pick because he is a really cool guy to hangout with in the locker room and he laughs when he gets hurt. 

8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't hate the guy and I don't necessarily hate the pick. However, I'm not going to justify using a 2nd round pick because he is a really cool guy to hangout with in the locker room and he laughs when he gets hurt. 

Oh i agree, just trying to make some sense of the decision.

6 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Oh i agree, just trying to make some sense of the decision.

I know, I just hate that we have to do this. Seems like every year we find ourselves trying to put some kind of positive reasoning behind some of these questionable picks. 

• Like 1