ROUND 2 (#37): Eagles select Landon Dickerson (Alabama G/C)

Moderator6

30 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like the pick in terms of the players ability but there seems to be some red flags. And to me I just don't know what they are thinking in terms of their defense. Poor Gannon.

The injuries are a definite concern. I like the player a lot, but not the pick for that exact reason. As for your last comment though, it's pretty clear. This is a two year rebuild and they can't fill every need in one draft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

The injuries are a definite concern. I like the player a lot, but not the pick for that exact reason. As for your last comment though, it's pretty clear. This is a two year rebuild and they can't fill every need in one draft. 

I agree I like the player, I think actually when healthy he's one of the best IOL in this draft. But the injuries are a real red flag. And I think there were better players on the board at other positions. 

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree I like the player, I think actually when healthy he's one of the best IOL in this draft. But the injuries are a real red flag. And I think there were better players on the board at other positions. 

What players were better. From a pure standpoint of talent and ability he was as good or better than anyone who was available at the time.

• Like 1

Just now, T-1000 said:

What players were better. From a pure standpoint of talent and ability he was as good or better than anyone who was available at the time.

Moehrig for my money. Barmore. JOK. Ojulari though to be fair there are injury concerns with him too I think? And that's factoring in the Dickerson's injuries. From a talent perspective I think yeah perhaps he's better than those I've mentioned but you can't discount the injuries. 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Moehrig for my money. Barmore. JOK. Ojulari though to be fair there are injury concerns with him too I think? And that's factoring in the Dickerson's injuries. From a talent perspective I think yeah perhaps he's better than those I've mentioned but you can't discount the injuries. 

I would have went with Barmore but he has character and work ethic questions as well. I also would have went with Samuel but him being 5'10 is a real concern. JOK slipped all the way down to the 50's because he's a 220 pound LB who had medical concerns. Ojulari has a degenerative knee issue and we all saw how short Todd Gurley's career was due to that. Notice a trend here with all of these guys.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

I would have went with Barmore but he has character and work ethic questions as well. I also would have went with Samuel but him being 5'10 is a real concern. JOK slipped all the way down to the 50's because he's a 220 pound LB who had medical concerns. Ojulari has a degenerative knee issue and we all saw how short Todd Gurley's career was due to that. Notice a trend here with all of these guys.

Yes I get it they all have flags. But the injury flag to me is the biggest one. Well unless the guy is a complete a hole with a really shady past who gets in trouble all the time. 

43 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes I get it they all have flags. But the injury flag to me is the biggest one. Well unless the guy is a complete a hole with a really shady past who gets in trouble all the time. 

Cowboys declared dibs on these guys..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure how I feel. Seems like a big gamble at 37. Jordan Hicks comes to mind. 

He could end up being a stud. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

Not sure how I feel. Seems like a big gamble at 37. Jordan Hicks comes to mind. 

He could end up being a stud. 

The talent is there. The kid is a mauler when he's healthy. But it's a big gamble. 2 ACL tears in his career? 3 season ending injuries in 4 years at college?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The talent is there. The kid is a mauler when he's healthy. But it's a big gamble. 2 ACL tears in his career? 3 season ending injuries in 4 years at college?

Completely with you.

Should have been Moehrig, Samuel or one of the other corners. 

If they wanted O-Line they could have gone Kendrick Green in the third.

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

Completely with you.

Should have been Moehrig, Samuel or one of the other corners. 

If they wanted O-Line they could have gone Kendrick Green in the third.

I'm not even saying it should have been a corner either. They just needed to be smart with the pick and a player with an injury record is not smart. 

2 hours ago, T-1000 said:

This guy should have been red flagged and taken off the board. This guy is going to spend more time on IR than on the field. So much risk. You don't pick a guy like that at the top of the second..with so much other talent on the board. It is beyond stupid. 2 torn ACLs , multiple ankle issues. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

But how did he do in rock paper scissors?!

Apparently he did very well! Must be what got him drafted by the Eagles. I am sure most other teams reflagged him into very late rounds...as a health risk.

Trash  pick.  This is a prime example of why the Eagles are where they are now.. Dude is  injury prone and he won't even contribute to this season.. Once again Eagles try to get cute with the draft...Why is it so difficult for this team to draft in the 2nd round. Its always a reach, injury prone, or something we don't need. 

8 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

I've also actually watched him play.......

That must have been a rare sight......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I can’t see how they don’t go CB at 123. Still a few guys available that are solid picks there:

Tay Gowan

Robert Rochell

Rodarius Williams 

Keith Taylor

Israel Mukuamu

would be my top 5 still available with Rochell being my fave. 

I think they’re going to take one of the RB’s: Michael Carter or Kenneth Gainwell.

As a player judged on talent it's a good solid pick, this guy is easily a mid first round pick with a better medical record. 

But dang you look at his medical record and he's basically gone down with a season ender 4 seasons out of 5. 

So talent wise I love the pick, but given the O Lines injury issues last year this looks a big risk. 

• Like 1

The rugged pivot moves defenders off the ball utilizing his strength, power and explosiveness at the point of attack. Injuries are a concern, but Dickerson flashes All-Pro potential when healthy and available.

This is why they picked him, there was no else they could have drafted at #37 that had a legitimate All-Pro ceiling. Howie is taking big swings, here's hoping our injury luck has finally turned.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

This is why they picked him, there was no else they could have drafted at #37 that had a legitimate All-Pro ceiling. Howie is taking big swings, here's hoping our injury luck has finally turned.

Didn't they do this 3 years ago with Sidney Jones? 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Didn't they do this 3 years ago with Sidney Jones? 

Yup, and because Sidney didn't' work they didn't draft Metcalf 2 years ago. I think Howie learned after those two players that injury concerns are not a one size fits all, just because Sidney didn't work doesn't mean others won't either.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Yup, and because Sidney didn't' work they didn't draft Metcalf 2 years ago. I think Howie learned after those two players that injury concerns are not a one size fits all, just because Sidney didn't work doesn't mean others won't either.

Hopefully it doesn’t mean Howie just has horrific luck gambling. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

4 season ending injuries in 5 years? Id stay away. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

4 season ending injuries in 5 years? Id stay away. 

I get it, the risk is real and evident. It's a gamble for sure, he's worth it in my opinion, but I can understand if others feel differently.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I get it, the risk is real and evident. It's a gamble for sure, he's worth it in my opinion, but I can understand if others feel differently.

I mean you'd think at some point our luck will change? But at this point you've got to think it is something they are doing wrong. 

• Like 1