ROUND 2 (#37): Eagles select Landon Dickerson (Alabama G/C)

Moderator6

This pick should have been one of the Kentucky CBs, I would have filled this need in the 4th round with David Moore from Grambling, I just checked and he still hasn't been drafted.

2 hours ago, Bob Manigan said:

what are you talking about?  Sidney jones tore his Achilles during his proday, thats not only an injury its a pretty significant one.

Huh? I was actually referring to the Eagles drafting DE Marcus Smith a few years ago who didn't play or barely saw the field. 

He can't stay on the field because he is ALWAYS injured, and serious injuries at that. Wasted pick.

I guess Howie didn't learn from drafting hurt players i.e Sydney Jones.

This guy is a legit foundation piece, I just pray he can stay healthy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

This pick should have been one of the Kentucky CBs, I would have filled this need in the 4th round with David Moore from Grambling, I just checked and he still hasn't been drafted.

So you would have drafted a guy in the 4th who went Undrafted? Another hot take (turd) from our resident flat earther. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So you would have drafted a guy in the 4th who went Undrafted? 

No doubt, I had him pegged in the 4th, story has it he dominated everyone that was put in front of him at the senior bowl.

9 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

No doubt, I had him pegged in the 4th.

Well, 32 front offices disagreed with you 4 times. Thank you though, seriously. When I hear things like that it makes me realize that while Howie stinks, it could be WAY worse. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well, 32 front offices disagreed with you 4 times. Thank you though, seriously. When I hear things like that it makes me realize that while Howie stinks, it could be WAY worse. 

Ask those that attended the senior what their thoughts of him were.

BTW, have you ever wondered why some teams remain in mediocracy year after year? 

It's because most of the front offices are filled with know-nothing Howie type GMs 

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

Ask those that attended the senior what their thoughts of him were.

BTW, have you ever wondered why some teams remain in mediocracy year after year? 

It's because most of the front offices are filled with know-nothing Howie type GMs 

Clearly you know better, as you type blathering drivel from the bean bag chair in your double wide with a chest fro full of Cheetos dust. 

Seems like most are in agreement that we like the player but have serious concerns about his injury history. Does anyone know who performed his ACL surgery? If it was Dr. Andrews then that puts my mind at ease a little. Hopefully he can stay on the field. At the time I wanted to take J.O.K., AS jr, or Moehrig but I also understand you can never have enough good lineman.

• Like 2

Torn ACLs aren't that bad. He is young and this may even have made him stronger. Fun fact: His injuries made him available - for us in round two.

He is a young lineman, and it's not at all like a CB that tore his achilles! Plus he is not a scrub mentally, he is a proven leader.

The more I think about the pick, the more I think we got a steal here.

Dickerson reminds me of Quenton Nelson a little bit...

Hope he can stay healthy...:ph34r:

Great pre-draft Breakdown of Dickerson by Simms - his 3rd overall OL prospect.

- Believes he can come in and instantly challenge for best C in the league.

- Can do everything, block for power, technique, speed, recognition, footwork etc.

- Nasty dude always looking to hit people.

- Extraordinary strength for an interior blocker.

- Top 20 overall player in the draft.

- Says his film is pretty much perfect.

- Would take him in the first RD, regardless of injuries.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Great pre-draft Breakdown of Dickerson by Simms - his 3rd overall OL prospect.

- Believes he can come in and instantly challenge for best C in the league.

- Can do everything, block for power, technique, speed, recognition, footwork etc.

- Nasty dude always looking to hit people.

- extraordinary strength for an interior blocker.

- Top 20 overall player in the draft.

- Says his film is pretty much perfect.

- Would take him in the first RD, regardless of injuries.

I just don't see him at center, when you are nearly 6-7, you are just not center material, especially when you have a QB who is 6-1.. He will be playing guard for the Eagles..

15 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

I just don't see him at center, when you are nearly 6-7, you are just not center material, especially when you have a QB who is 6-1.. He will be playing guard for the Eagles..

Worst case scenario is Kelce retires, Seumalo moves to C (his more natural position) and Landon is your monster LG for the next X years. 

• Like 2

He'll be guard while Kelce is here, but no way Seumalo beats Dickerson for center. Just no way.

10 minutes ago, Infam said:

He'll be guard while Kelce is here, but no way Seumalo beats Dickerson for center. Just no way.

I agree. But that is worst case scenario I outlined, which is still pretty good. 

Funny everyone keeps bringing up Sidney Jones but those same people are pissed for Howie skipping on DK Metcalf...

I like the Dickerson pick. He was the best player on the board. The risk and value matched up.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree. But that is worst case scenario I outlined, which is still pretty good. 

Good posting.  Seems like the Eagles had a very good draft overall.  LD was Baldy’s favorite player in the draft and Baldy usually calls them like he sees them.  No fluff.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Miami said:

Good posting.  Seems like the Eagles had a very good draft overall.  LD was Baldy’s favorite player in the draft and Baldy usually calls them like he sees them.  No fluff.

Thanks. I think people are being short sighted. They’re trying to build a team for contention after next season, not for this coming year, and are taking the long view. This year is about evaluating what was left behind by Doug, getting younger and establishing our core for once we can get back to contention. They got an A in my book. Solid picks plus three potential first rounders next year plus an extra fifth in what should be a far more "normal” draft process after a "normal” college season. Frankly I hope Hurts shows he is the guy and we can get Derek Stingley next year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

I guess Howie didn't learn from drafting hurt players i.e Sydney Jones.

Different injuries at different times.

Jones tore his Achilles, which while not career ending is pretty serious for a skill player. And this happened during predraft training, so the time table meant he would miss most of the season.

Dickerson tore his ACL, which is no longer as serious as it once was 15-20 years ago. He should be ready to play by mid season at the latest.