TATE Draft Grade

philafan4o8

2021 Tate Draft Grade  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What grade who you give the Eagles Draft?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

3 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

As is always the case with the NFL Draft, I'll give you my grades for this year's draft about 5-8 years from now.

Obviously we will not know until they play but stop copping out and give a damn grade.

I'll give it a solid B+. I'm not really bothered by all the DL picks in our current situation. It's a position where we're aging and spending a TON of cap on so it's where we'll have to focus on re-tooling going forward with younger talent.

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Only decent picks were 1 and 5.

Must be rough being soured by everything your favorite team does. Frankly we got 7 guys ranked in a lot of experts top 150 players. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Must be rough being soured by everything your favorite team does. Frankly we got 7 guys ranked in a lot of experts top 150 players. 

I love it when a person ignores the fact that everyone in entitled to their own opinion and feel they "must correct them"
and try to shove THIER opinion on that person. Nice try, but I'm not having it.

I'm not sour, I really don't give a shi* as long as Howie is here. My player of personnel didn't screw it up, Howie
did. It's not what my fave team does- what HOWIE does. Here is your 2nd round pick- BOTH knees are blown out.
Dude looks like Frankenstein.They need CB help. Even your director of player personnel is disgusted with Howie.

You love you some Howie, that's your business. I don't.
Picks 1 and 5 were ok, the rest are meh. Period.
Look at those knees.

Yup, he is ready for the NFL grind. :roll:

XTDFVWCU65D6LDZZDLOFSYTFUI.jpg

C.

This draft was just a test. Next years draft, thats the real draft. 

🤪

I don't see how this can be anything less than a B.

We got the guy we probably would have taken at 6 while adding a first rounder. That alone is worth the B. On top of that we added a bunch of good prospects, got value, and filled long term needs.

The only real negatives are Dickerson's injury history, which is the only reason he was available in the first place, and not adding a top talent at corner.

• Like 2

B-.

Seem to have stuck to their board in a thin draft, picked up a 1 & a 5 for a MUCH deeper talent pool in '22.

Only "controversy" was Williams-and that seems to be more attuned to the trade back & missing out on Donohue's corner.

Dickinson would be fine with me if they let him rehab for a year and get him ready to go when Kelce hangs it up.  Absolute dominator.  Will he hold up medically? That ? lowers the overall grade a bit-but the value was there.

Loved the Gainwell, Williams & Stevens picks.  Very worried about a "healthy" Smith holding up physically against NFL secondaries.  The talent is evident, but the F.O have to be hoping the relaxed pass defense rules & Siri's playbook keep him out of dark alleys. 

I need context on "F” entered in. Person must not have a clue about any of these prospects. 

"D” ok I disagree but that is the lowest I will accept. Devonta Smith draft with the extra 1st rounder automatically makes it to where an "F” is impossible lol

• Like 1

Q+

:P

Seriously, I don’t know much about any of the prospects taken 3rd round or later so I can’t grade.  I do wish we had addressed CB earlier (in addition to a later round prospect).  And am not very optimistic about Dickerson considering his extensive injury history.  2nd was too high for my liking.

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm torn on a grade. 

B feels too generous. C feels too harsh. 

My thoughts exactly.

The Smith pick is strong although his size has to be a concern. We're back in Djax territory---actually Djax weighed more and was a 2nd rounder. Smith seems to be a more rounded player with more upside, so I'll give this an A.

Don't know a whole lot about the lower picks, but Gannon must have a plan for the DL since we stocked up there. As for CB/Safety/LB help, I think we go into the season with the LBers we have and add a bandaid in FA for the secondary. Dallas had a weak secondary last year, we'll have one this year. 

It's just that I disagree with some who think anyone past the 2nd will see significant playing time in 2021. Most of this draft feels like ST guys.

Hate the Dickerson pick unless he spends a year rehabbing. If he gets injured significantly again this year...that's a wasted pick.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Madriver said:

My thoughts exactly.

The Smith pick is strong although his size has to be a concern. We're back in Djax territory---actually Djax weighed more and was a 2nd rounder. Smith seems to be a more rounded player with more upside, so I'll give this an A.

Don't know a whole lot about the lower picks, but Gannon must have a plan for the DL since we stocked up there. As for CB/Safety/LB help, I think we go into the season with the LBers we have and add a bandaid in FA for the secondary. Dallas had a weak secondary last year, we'll have one this year. 

It's just that I disagree with some who think anyone past the 2nd will see significant playing time in 2021. Most of this draft feels like ST guys.

Hate the Dickerson pick unless he spends a year rehabbing. If he gets injured significantly again this year...that's a wasted pick.

I would have been extremely concerned about Dickerson considering his injury history even if we hadn’t gambled on Jones in 2017.  I would have much preferred a corner there (bummer Campbell was taken before our pick but I still liked Samuel and Joseph quite a bit).  If I were intent on taking IL Jenkins would have been my pick.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I would have been extremely concerned about Dickerson considering his injury history even if we hadn’t gambled on Jones in 2017.  I would have much preferred a corner there (bummer Campbell was taken before our pick but I still like Samuel and Joseph quite a bit).  If I were intent on taking IL Jenkins would have been my pick.  

Yeah I love Dickerson the player but the injury risk seems high. The DL guys you could have put any name out there with a highlight reel and I'd say sure let's see what happens. Like others I find Gainwell intriguing because he's a flashy pick that seemed like good value.  I'm old enough to know that we just don't know

19 minutes ago, Madriver said:

The size concerns I get... I've felt the same at times! But I mean he's played at this size his whole career so I'm just not that worried about it I guess. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Q+

:P

Seriously, I don’t know much about any of the prospects taken 3rd round or later so I can’t grade.  I do wish we had addressed CB earlier (in addition to a later round prospect).  And am not very optimistic about Dickerson considering his extensive injury history.  2nd was too high for my liking.

Milton is a really interesting pick. His athleticism is absolutely absurd. Insane upside potential. Really hard worker on the field. He was used a lot as a 3-4 DE in college and wasn’t really asked to be a primary pass rusher. He’s an excellent run defender already, albeit at a lower level of competition. I think playing in a 4-3 will really help him.

It’s going to be exciting to see how they develop him. Seems as if they want him to be a DE on run downs and a DT on pass downs. I think he could be a really, really good 3 tech at DT if he develops as hoped. Needs to add some muscle and pass rushing moves, but if he does that the sky is the limit.

Physically he is comparable to Aaron Donald and Geno Atkins, so that’s your best case situation. Obviously if he gets anywhere close to that level this is a home run pick.

• Like 1

After the dust settled on Monday after draft weekend, I'd say B.

I think we'd be happy if Eagles kept #6 pick and took Devonta Smith. (with Chase, Pitts, and Miami's pick off the board, Waddle I guess was their pick all along. Either way they were always going to pick a position player before the trade anyway.) Instead Howie trades down, gets another First Round pick next year, and gets an excellent player at much needed WR position. It did cost a third round pick to avoid disaster if the Giants picked him first, but I'd rather have the First Round pick next year than the Third this year. Smith's history with Hurts is a plus, as well as this guy was arguably a better WR than Ruggs, Jeudy, and Waddle on Alabama. Well done.

Dickerson (Round 2) is a 1st round talent but has serious injury issues. Williams (Round 3) is an interesting pick, tweener DT/DE, not a big strong guy but speedy, seems to fit what the Eagles like to do on Defensive line. They finally looked at secondary in 4th Round Zech McPhearson. They had a bunch of late round picks, taking a few more guys and flipping two for a 5th Round pick next year.

Bottom line: They weren't going to fix all their roster problems this year, especially in a draft light with talent. They took some big swings. This year it's going to come down to Smith being as good as advertised, Dickerson getting healthy becoming a force at interior OL/C, and hitting on some of the players they took later. Getting two extra picks next year is a plus, not to be overlooked when the upcoming draft class looks much deeper.

• Like 1

I still can't decide. 

There's potential in this draft. They've taken some really intriguing guys with upside. 

If Smith hits and Dickerson can stay healthy then this draft is going to look really good. If any of those mid to late round picks can really develop and be contributors then this could be a great draft. There's potential this is going to be really good. But there's also a good chance a lot of these guys don't work out.

I am stunned that we traded down in the 3rd. We missed an opportunity to pick a CB.  

Its tough to grade TATE as a whole during the draft.  There were some that were dead on with their hot takes and others were just off the wall in their takes.   Overall, I guess I'd give TATE a C.

Now, the EMB as a platform performed admirably, nary a wrinkle.  Well done @VaBeach_Eagle and team.  You have earned another level of respect.  That was a good test for the platform before the season gets underway again.  Well done.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 11:26 AM, philafan4o8 said:

Obviously we will not know until they play but stop copping out and give a damn grade.

Why should I?  It's all speculation as to what the players will do in the NFL at this point.  It doesn't much matter if a draft class considered to be strong ends up being weak or vice-versa.

40 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

Why should I?  It's all speculation as to what the players will do in the NFL at this point.  It doesn't much matter if a draft class considered to be strong ends up being weak or vice-versa.

It’s a joke mr cop out. We all just having fun here 

On 5/1/2021 at 7:32 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

Solid B - for me.

What Howie did in the first was an A +. Picking up an extra first and still getting Smith? Incredible.

But I just can’t get behind the Dickerson pick given his extensive injury history and how much we needed help on D.

Some really nice sleeper picks late.

But I can’t put it up to A given the failure to address the major needs on the D.

Don't forget that they saved about 12 million dollars picking at 10 instead of 6.

4 hours ago, CouchKing said:

I am stunned that we traded down in the 3rd. We missed an opportunity to pick a CB.  

A slot CB. We have a few of those already. 

I'm just trying to gauge what poor sap I'm going to have to defend on the forums from the howie-hate-mob this season. People are scared about Dickerson's injury history and rightfully so, but when he can play, most seem confident he's going to be special. So ... it looks like McPhearson may be the front runner. The door is wide open for him at CB2, but he may not be ready this early and could get exposed early and often if he has to play. 

• Like 1

I'm shocked about how much the EMB likes this draft. Pretty good for a dysfunctional organization where the owner makes the picks and all the scouts are angry, eh? 😁