Did we clone lito, sheldon and dawkins and I missed it?

eggs

On 5/9/2021 at 6:47 AM, Outlaw said:

Stokes and Campbell were both gone. I’m not as high as others on Samuel Jr. either. Had Campbell or Stokes or Newsome been there and we took Dickerson, THEN I would have been pissed. 

I wasn't completely set on a CB. Think Samuel Jr will be great but not sure if he will fit Gannon's scheme. Joseph - more of a fit but not sure about the talent.

BUT - I think not taking Moehrig or Grant was a huge miss even if that was the case. Or even take JOK and finally give us a good linebacker.

Alternatively - trade down and you almost certainly still get Dickerson (If not Basham looked good middle of the second) and you can then address another need with another third rounder.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, FlyerDog@Work said:

Not about SIZE...but Skill...Ray Lewis was the same size as Edwards, 6'1" - 240Lbs....we had a BIG LB a while back in Carlos Emmons, 6'5" 255..and he was brilliant in coverage....a friend of mine made a good point, in 2021...five teams drafted an LB with their first pick, including both SB teams...so this concept of devaluing LBs is not necessarily league wide...

17 hours ago, vaff said:

Well, the Eagles haven’t valued the position for the better part of the last 20 years, obviously. I do think the position is less valued than it used to be, however, and with good reason, because the majority of the time you’re playing with one less LB on the field these days. Obviously not every team skimps out on the position like the Eagles, but it’s true that you don’t need as much there as you used to need.

I said it during the draft:

Eagles - "We don't need any linebackers on our D"

Cowboys - "We ONLY need linebackers on our D"

Truth, as in most cases, is somewhere in between.

• Like 1