**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Question- Does this work considering the amount the machine says we need to cut can be cancelled out by the Horford trade exception?

image.thumb.png.a1719f777a6f4711e0809b2e0f2abeb5.png

Now, I know no one wants Porzingis. But we just dont have room for Bledsoe on the roster and I figured a bad contract for bad contract swap made some sense here since Kristaps fits a need at least for however long he might be healthy. 

No, trade exception has to cover full incoming players salary. Cant be combined with a traded player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giveemtheboot said:

No, trade exception has to cover full incoming players salary. Cant be combined with a traded player. 

Oh man I knew that its not combinable in a trade too. Totally spaced.

Oh well. That was far from a perfect scenario anyway. Im tempted by getting Ball for almost nothing, with a pick attached. But maybe getting Bledsoe dumped on us is really a deal-breaker. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Anyone else see this? Apparent Sam amico reporting 

733E16AA-551A-48FB-A8BE-C7637A9C18D7.jpeg

Raptors gm must have leaked that one.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think you have to consider the Lonzo trade. Though it doesnt move the needle much, if at all the value of getting him AND a pick, AND Bledsoe's soon very tradable contract....

And Lonzo slots in as an immediate Danny Green replacement. Hes not a half court PG, but he can space the floor and play D. Its like sawpping Green for a younger version of himself and gettign a pick and a tradable contract to do it. 

You are undervaluing Lonzo. 

Right now he has a WAR of 3.2 which is good for 46th in the league. 

Better than Simmons, Zion, Donovan Mitchell, Brogdon, Jerami Grant, and Gordon Hayward to name a few. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Anyone else see this? Apparent Sam amico reporting 

733E16AA-551A-48FB-A8BE-C7637A9C18D7.jpeg

No, no, no.  What is this madness?  I was hoping that this Lowry talk would just blow over but now I'm getting nervous.   Can somebody remind Morey on Twitter or wherever that Lowry and Ben almost went to blows in the tunnel after a double ejection a few years ago.  This could be well behind them now, but what if it's not?  Don't risk the chemistry disruption.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess this makes the compensation for Ball even more manageable since Bledsoe seems to be a negative asset for NO.

So let me get this straight...

We get Ball, WE get a first round pick, BUT we have to take on 2 1/2 years of Bledsoe's contract?

And in exchange for this what would we have to give up?

Because on the surface I kind of love it (depending on compensation obviously). Bledsoe is a bad asset but would give us a serviceable PG. Ball would be a really intriguing addition with his defense and newly improved shooting. Adding another first is always a plus. And down the line Bledsoe's contract can be used as an asset when it's expiring and we wouldn't have another way to maneuver.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TEW said:

So let me get this straight...

We get Ball, WE get a first round pick, BUT we have to take on 2 1/2 years of Bledsoe's contract?

And in exchange for this what would we have to give up?

Because on the surface I kind of love it (depending on compensation obviously). Bledsoe is a bad asset but would give us a serviceable PG. Ball would be a really intriguing addition with his defense and newly improved shooting. Adding another first is always a plus. And down the line Bledsoe's contract can be used as an asset when it's expiring and we wouldn't have another way to maneuver.

Yeah we get the pick and Bledsoe in the deal. 

It sounds like it wouldn't take that much.  Since they're trying to shed salary maybe it just takes our expiring contracts. 

Morey has 10 hours left. 

Yay Nets lost. Top 3 all out but still.

And that Lowry trade above looks like pure garbage. Even in win now mode, that would be terrible ☠️

• Like 1

i'm not a big lowry fan but i think maxey + green is fair...if you have to throw in another guy for salary (scott/ferguson/etc)...fine.  but i'm not including thybulle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i'm not a big lowry fan but i think maxey + green is fair...if you have to throw in another guy for salary (scott/ferguson/etc)...fine.  but i'm not including thybulle. 

can you please think about embiid for once because you dont know how long he has to play, he's one major injury away from never playing again it could be next year and the window is closed because simmons and harris arent going to be enough to contend and you dont know if any stars will want to come here which means we are going to be a one and done playoff team and that's it. embiid's talent doesnt grow on trees, it may take another decade to see another player like this, this core alone will not get it done, we have to add short term stars for this to work.

it sucks but not every player is klay, curry, and lebron. that's why fans got to stop thinking about dynasty when it comes to drafting young players because you just dont know how far it will take them.

from someone on realgm...

We'll see if our "boy" VinFosh is right this time lol

Lowry to Mia
Lonzo to Philly
Alridge to Boston

If big if , the east just got stronger

• Like 1

I would love to get Lonzo ball on the cheap and then re-sign him for the 20 million per he is asking for.  His 3 point shooting should get better.  We would have a 2nd distributor, he has good defense and length, our transition game will get better and if gives major flexibility if they want to trade Ben in a year for a star.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I'm a fan of his game.  He's tough and would bring another play maker to the team.  I just wouldn't cough up a kings ransom for him at his age and impending contract.  I think he'd fit in nicely.  Move Seth to the bench and Thybulle into Green's spot that's a formidable defensive unit and not giving up much of anything on offense.  We know you can't out offense the Nets so we'll need to play great defense.  I'd be fine with Maxey going out as part of this trade.  Just not much else.  Certainly not what was posted above.

28 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

can you please think about embiid for once because you dont know how long he has to play,

i just thought about him...mmmm...

i still don't want them to include thybulle because they will need his wing defense in the playoffs...especially if green is traded. 

• Like 1

If the Pelicans want to trade Lonzo but want to attach Bledsoe and a 1st, can we just ask them to drop the 1st and we don't include Maxey and just match salaries?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i just thought about him...mmmm...

i still don't want them to include thybulle because they will need his wing defense in the playoffs...especially if green is traded. 

Lowry on Kyrie, Ben on Harden, Thybulle and Harris on Durant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rambo said:

Lowry on Kyrie, Ben on Harden, Thybulle and Harris on Durant.

It will "slow" them down 

32 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

can you please think about embiid for once because you dont know how long he has to play, he's one major injury away from never playing again it could be next year and the window is closed because simmons and harris arent going to be enough to contend and you dont know if any stars will want to come here which means we are going to be a one and done playoff team and that's it. embiid's talent doesnt grow on trees, it may take another decade to see another player like this, this core alone will not get it done, we have to add short term stars for this to work.

it sucks but not every player is klay, curry, and lebron. that's why fans got to stop thinking about dynasty when it comes to drafting young players because you just dont know how far it will take them.

He's one major injury away from never playing again? People have been saying that since the league. He has 3 maybe a 4th year being the best big in the league. Over buying for an old player that hasn't averaged more than 17 pts/game in the playoffs since 2015, is desperate; especially if you have to trade away Thybulle, who will be key in matchups against Nets and Bucks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah we get the pick and Bledsoe in the deal. 

It sounds like it wouldn't take that much.  Since they're trying to shed salary maybe it just takes our expiring contracts. 

Morey has 10 hours left. 

I mean, if that’s an option how in the hell do you not pull the trigger?

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

It will "slow" them down 

I mean let's be real, that's all you can do.  You're not shutting them down and you're not outscoring them if you go weak on defense.  Make them work and hopefully frustrate them and wear them down.

• Like 1

lowry, curry, thybulle, shake, ben, tobi, jojo, dwight is a solid 8 for the playoffs...and a pretty good mix of defenders & scorers.

Just now, TEW said:

I mean, if that’s an option how in the hell do you not pull the trigger?

It won't be THAT cheap.  I suggested removing Maxey from the trade and they can keep their 1st.  They aren't going to trade Lonzo, a 1st and Bledsoe for all expiring contracts without  a young player involved.