Eagles Social Media Suicide

Captain F

So they posted this.  And they are getting torn to shreds in the comments.  What a effing joke. What has this organization come to?  

Screenshot_20210525-133031_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Idolizing violent criminals is trendy these days. No surprise here.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

He obviously didn't deserve to die, but his "legacy" isn't a good one. Probably could have been worded differently or recognize this day as a greater cause. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, What The F said:

So they posted this.  And they are getting torn to shreds in the comments.  What a effing joke. What has this organization come to?  

Screenshot_20210525-133031_Facebook.jpg

I think who ever wrote this needs to maybe find a new job, I'm all about social justice and the BLM movement and holding corruption accountable

And using the word legacy to describe George floyd is a mischaracterization that I think will invite alot of rhetoric on the subject that will take away from the attempted cause at hand 

• Like 7

I wonder if they replaced the word "legacy" with "loss", would fans still take issue with it? 

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I wonder if they replaced the word "legacy" with "loss", would fans still take issue with it? 

Not nearly as many would in my opinion. A lot of the comments on the post suggest that very thing.  Labeling his life as Legacy is really rubbing people the wrong way though. 

• Like 7

Anyone looking at the eagles FB post?  It's absolutely on fire.  3k comments in 15 minutes.  

No one deserves to die like this man. He was a petty criminal not a murder.

But Legacy? Wrong word.

43 minutes ago, What The F said:

Anyone looking at the eagles FB post?  It's absolutely on fire.  3k comments in 15 minutes.  

Yea it's getting pretty hostile

Wonder if they'll delete the post or disable comments

10 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Yea it's getting pretty hostile

Wonder if they'll delete the post or disable comments

They are gonna have to, it is getting out of hand.

look up the definition of legacy before you get all bent. 

: something (such as property or money) that is received from someone who has died
  • She left us a legacy of a million dollars.
  • a substantial legacy

: something that happened in the past or that comes from someone in the past
  • He left his children a legacy of love and respect.
  • The war left a legacy of pain and suffering.
  • We discussed the country's legacy of slavery. [=the ways in which the country is still affected by slavery]
  • Her artistic legacy lives on through her children.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Post that in the comments and report back lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

All those definitions are things or things that happened to people,they are not individual people 

If one wanted to express that George floyd left a legacy of awareness of police brutality then one could have said, we commemorate  the legacy of awareness that the tragic death of Floyd left behind, or something to that affect 

Words have power and meaning and in this case the way the author of this social media account worded this message obviously has created more division than unity over a moment that people are already divisive over 

Like I said one would think someone or something with as large a platform as the eagles would choose their words a little more carefully.

• Like 5

2hrs in and it's up to 5.5k comments and climbing quickly.  99% are negative reactions to the post. Im surprised they haven't edited,deleted or disabled comments.  It's a complete dumpster fire. 

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

All those definitions are things or things that happened to people,they are not individual people 

If one wanted to express that George floyd left a legacy of awareness of police brutality then one could have said, we commemorate  the legacy of awareness that the tragic death of Floyd left behind, or something to that affect 

Words have power and meaning and in this case the way the author of this social media account worded this message obviously has created more division than unity over a moment that people are already divisive over 

Like I said one would think someone or something with as large a platform as the eagles would choose their words a little more carefully.

okay...you can be mad if you want. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

okay...you can be mad if you want. 

😄 Lol, no reason to mad, I'm mad that my kids don't wipe their asses, I'm mad that the jazz training staff didn't let Donovan Mitchell play and they lost.

That some idiot doesn't have the forthought to compose a message that doesn't start a firestorm, meh...then again maybe they wanted the traffic, bad publicity is better than no publicity as Jerruh Jones says 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Utebird said:

then again maybe they wanted the traffic

Then they should not have shut down the best pro sports message board.

260 Philadelphia Police Officers have died while working for the city but we light up the stadium for one person who didn't deserve to die but broke the law and resisted arrest. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I just don't know anymore..

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

260 Philadelphia Police Officers have died while working for the city but we light up the stadium for one person who didn't deserve to die but broke the law and resisted arrest. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I just don't know anymore..

And swallowed a lot of fentanyl. 

• Like 2