Eagles Social Media Suicide

Captain F

1 hour ago, Michaels maniacs said:

Chauvin was railroaded 

No he wasn't. He's an oath breaker who earned what he got.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

No he wasn't. He's an oath breaker who earned what he got.

Do you think its possible to find Chauvin a monster and deserving of his convictions, 

While also finding it absolutely absurd that the Eagles are honoring the "legacy" of George Floyd?

I don't know why people think those things are mutually exclusive.

I don't know why this is so hard.

Legacy: : something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past

It is not referring to an evaluation of his life. It is referring to this specific incident and how it changed the awareness of the country. By constantly bringing up his past it certainly appears some are trying to both sides a situation where a cop brutally murdered someone by keeping his knee of his neck while people were watching and imploring him to stop

Sorry but he did not brutally murder him

Flyod was just as guilty with the drugs in his system which also hindered his breathing 

It was not murder

1 hour ago, Michaels maniacs said:

Sorry but he did not brutally murder him

Flyod was just as guilty with the drugs in his system which also hindered his breathing 

It was not murder

It’s still murder. If a man jumps off a high rise building, and you fire a well aimed shot through his skull on the way down, you still killed him in spite of death being inevitable anyway. Chauvin killed him with unnecessary actions. 

From an outside perspective it seems like a mix bag of incidents that shouldn't be polarized one side or the other on first look. It seems like at times like a lack of or improper training i.e. excessive force, panicking etc, poor communication skills and at times there is targeted racism whereby the force used is increased, unreasonable and in excess to what they would typically use.

I am not advocating that people in the States shouldn't be wielding guns, but one must take into account that the risk factor is increased for your police officers than other parts of the world. It is easy to point the finger at police officers that use excessive force and say why didn't they simply apprehend the individual who was holding their sun glasses or whatnot, but when guns come into play a slow response to an individual that could be wielding a gun could mean the police officers children are going to be without a parent.

For this reason I believe there are incidents that are racist in nature, but a large portion of them are due to a lack of proper training.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:45 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

His legacy was that America and the wider world finally took a look at racism in their police forces and judicial systems, it nudged the needle another millimeter along the road to actually finally tackling the problem.

We could make bigger strides now, but America and the world is full of comfortably off over 55's convinced that they dragged themselves up by their own bootstraps and that young people being angry about injustice, climate change or chronic wealth imbalances is insulting to their flag and country, and that's Ronnie Reagan and Rupert Murdoch's legacy.

...there are historical figures that fought the good fight in this regard...Rosa Parks, Medgar Evers, MLK, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela..etc...I'm not sure it's appropriate to lump Floyd in with those individuals just yet...

3 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

Do you think its possible to find Chauvin a monster and deserving of his convictions, 

While also finding it absolutely absurd that the Eagles are honoring the "legacy" of George Floyd?

I don't know why people think those things are mutually exclusive.

I think anybody can have any opinion or combination of opinions that they want. I think  @pgcd3 got the definition of "legacy' right. It's not Floyd's character that's being celebrated. It's the lesson of fundamental fairness that his death has brought us. 

• Like 3

Sorry but if your gonna call it a legacy

Then his character does play a roll

A guy that points a gun at pregnant woman and threatens to shoot her and the baby while he's robbing her

Does not belong with society