Eagles Social Media Suicide

Captain F

42 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

These social comments do not belong on TATE. The whole reason why I am here is so I can discuss football and ignore the insanity outside.

Its regarding a post directly from the Eagles. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, mr_hunt said:

look up the definition of legacy before you get all bent. 

That's the problem with many, they don't realize that a word's meaning changes with context, while the writer used the word correctly often times the reader only knows the meaning of the word in another context.

2 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

These social comments do not belong on TATE. The whole reason why I am here is so I can discuss football and ignore the insanity outside.

Your football team posted it, and turned the stadium gold for the anniversary of Floyd's death. The NFL and other sports have made statements and gestures about racial justice, Lurie talked about it in his year end press conference, the team's social media channels continue to talk about it and promote black businesses and charities. 

Face it, you can't avoid the issue being talked about in sports.

But, you don't have to read the topic about it you can skip it.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

The social media team should just post one comment about Howie getting his contract extended and all of this can go away.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

Did you smell it ??

<Shudders>

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Your football team posted it, and turned the stadium gold for the anniversary of Floyd's death. The NFL and other sports have made statements and gestures about racial justice, Lurie talked about it in his year end press conference, the team's social media channels continue to talk about it and promote black businesses and charities. 

Face it, you can't avoid the issue being talked about in sports.

But, you don't have to read the topic about it you can skip it.  🤷‍♂️

At 1936 Olympics they also did not discuss... just Sports. We need a new section on this board: La La La!!! Nothing but football. Irrelevant of what the masses outside are doing. Jesse-Owens-podium-winners-gold-medal-1936-1936.thumb.jpg.9bab90c1af65fb01ed85b7dc482ac671.jpg

7 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

At 1936 Olympics they also did not discuss... just Sports. We need a new section on this board: La La La!!! Nothing but football. Irrelevant of what the masses outside are doing. Jesse-Owens-podium-winners-gold-medal-1936-1936.thumb.jpg.9bab90c1af65fb01ed85b7dc482ac671.jpg

Well there is a section to discuss this kind of stuff, it's called cvon. And yes this sections is about lalalala football

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 9:34 PM, pgcd3 said:

Chauvin's legacy is that he's a murderer.

Completely agreed. 

14 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

You could, I dunno, just thinking out loud, not click on this thread if it's an issue.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:54 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

I wonder if they replaced the word "legacy" with "loss", would fans still take issue with it? 

Far too soon to label his life as a "legacy"...that term usually requires significant time and/or significant representation, in terms of social, political, historical implications....maybe someday they might adopt "The George Floyd"  law or rule etc...but currently I'm not sure he fits in the category of "legacy"

On 5/25/2021 at 4:50 PM, NCTANK said:

getcha popcorn ready 🍿 

But don't throw it on anybody.

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, flyerdog said:

Far too soon to label his life as a "legacy"...that term usually requires significant time and/or significant representation, in terms of social, political, historical implications....maybe someday they might adopt "The George Floyd"  law or rule etc...but currently I'm not sure he fits in the category of "legacy"

His legacy was that America and the wider world finally took a look at racism in their police forces and judicial systems, it nudged the needle another millimeter along the road to actually finally tackling the problem.

We could make bigger strides now, but America and the world is full of comfortably off over 55's convinced that they dragged themselves up by their own bootstraps and that young people being angry about injustice, climate change or chronic wealth imbalances is insulting to their flag and country, and that's Ronnie Reagan and Rupert Murdoch's legacy.

49 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

His legacy was that America and the wider world finally took a look at racism in their police forces and judicial systems, it nudged the needle another millimeter along the road to actually finally tackling the problem.

We could make bigger strides now, but America and the world is full of comfortably off over 55's convinced that they dragged themselves up by their own bootstraps and that young people being angry about injustice, climate change or chronic wealth imbalances is insulting to their flag and country, and that's Ronnie Reagan and Rupert Murdoch's legacy.

A chunk of those same comfortably off 55's probably listened to NWA and Public Enemy in the 90's and would have a different take back then.

23 hours ago, flyerdog said:

Legacy of how he died or legacy of how he lived?  I’m confused.  

On 5/27/2021 at 3:36 AM, greend said:

Well there is a section to discuss this kind of stuff, it's called cvon. And yes this sections is about lalalala football

Ever since the last board migration, more and more of this stuff keeps popping up in TATE. 

If it keeps trending this way, EMB will be dead will 3-5 years time and maybe that's not such a bad thing...

8 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Ever since the last board migration, more and more of this stuff keeps popping up in TATE. 

If it keeps trending this way, EMB will be dead will 3-5 years time and maybe that's not such a bad thing...

Doubt it. The subforums in WU are very active. TATE isn’t the only active place

23 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Doubt it. The subforums in WU are very active. TATE isn’t the only active place

Perhaps, but that's only if people keep throwing money at EMB for hosting fees, moderation, etc...

2 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Perhaps, but that's only if people keep throwing money at EMB for hosting fees, moderation, etc...

There will be plenty of people donating money just like the last time

Also I'm pretty sure mods don't get paid on here. I don't think they ever did but could be wrong

On 5/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, M.C. said:

Golden ticket

I don't know, man... there's "criminal" and then "pointed gun at pregnant woman during robbery" felon.

I know its hard to believe, but criminal actions increase interactions with police. You can count on one hand the number of interactions that ended in death that didn't involve a crime (the lady shot through her window of her own home during a "check safety" call, being the one that pisses me off the most).

3 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

I don't know, man... there's "criminal" and then "pointed gun at pregnant woman during robbery" felon.

I know its hard to believe, but criminal actions increase interactions with police. You can count on one hand the number of interactions that ended in death that didn't involve a crime (the lady shot through her window of her own home during a "check safety" call, being the one that pisses me off the most).

Alledged criminal interactions = justifiable homicide.

1 hour ago, M.C. said:

Alledged criminal interactions = justifiable homicide.

Uhh, no. No, you ****. 

Antwon Rose shot at another person in a drive by before he died, but the Shittsburgh Steelers tried to honor him too.

And Floyd was a MULTIPLE-TIME CONVICTED felon. And had FENTANYL in his system. And committed a crime. He put himself in the crosshairs of the cop, nobody else.

How are you going to make it through life not taking responsibility for your actions??

Bunch of thugs being given legacies 

What a sad day in our country 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IFB DOG said:

Uhh, no. No, you ****. 

Antwon Rose shot at another person in a drive by before he died, but the Shittsburgh Steelers tried to honor him too.

And Floyd was a MULTIPLE-TIME CONVICTED felon. And had FENTANYL in his system. And committed a crime. He put himself in the crosshairs of the cop, nobody else.

How are you going to make it through life not taking responsibility for your actions??

Ask Derrick Chauvin