Jalen Hurts and Carson Wentz appear multiple times on “The worst NFL QBs for every type of throw” list

nicks

Do they not have Scouts and intelligent people that are highly paid and are supposed to notice this??-before they invest millions of dollars?

Well Wentz was one of the worst quarterbacks in football last year and Hurts was a rookie. Both of them had to deal with receivers running the wrong routes, an offensive line in shambles, and a coach who wouldn’t run the football to protect his struggling quarterbacks. 

• Like 4

I'm not a Hurts fan but he was a rookie thrown into a very bad situation last year. As far as Wentz that would be the Colts problem.

• Like 6

Howie and Jeff are (seemingly) banking on the hope that Hurts is Russell Wilson 2.0...

by the same token...every QB has flaws to their game that "need improvement"... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greend said:

I'm not a Hurts fan but he was a rookie thrown into a very bad situation last year. As far as Wentz that would be the Colts problem.

As long as their problem isn't a bad enough one to prevent it from playing 70% of the snaps I'm a happy camper.

• Like 4

I'm fine with a QB on a 2nd round deal having something to prove. Saw some good things, saw some bad. If he stays at that level, he'll be easy to move on from. But a $20+ million guy with that much to prove? That's a hell no from me. Good riddance.

55 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

Howie and Jeff are (seemingly) banking on the hope that Hurts is Russell Wilson 2.0...

by the same token...every QB has flaws to their game that "need improvement"... 

I’m really not sure what they’re doing. When we were at 6 we were in position to move up for trey Lance. Maybe they only wanted Wilson as reported and knew he wouldn’t be available.

It feels like we’re either hoping hurts isn’t terrible or setting up for a QB in 2021, but are our pickings really going to be better than 2020?

Good to see nicks finally catching up to what happened last year. 

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I’m really not sure what they’re doing. When we were at 6 we were in position to move up for trey Lance. Maybe they only wanted Wilson as reported and knew he wouldn’t be available.

It feels like we’re either hoping hurts isn’t terrible or setting up for a QB in 2021, but are our pickings really going to be better than 2020?

well in 2021, they will have ammunition...2 firsts and an additional 2nd (I fully expect Wentz to get injured and not reach the mark wherein the pick turns into a 1st, based on history)...and if the team will be as bad as many of us fear...their own 1st will be high to begin with..so moving up if need be should be a little easier

18 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

well in 2021, they will have ammunition...2 firsts and an additional 2nd (I fully expect Wentz to get injured and not reach the mark wherein the pick turns into a 1st, based on history)...and if the team will be as bad as many of us fear...their own 1st will be high to begin with..so moving up if need be should be a little easier

I just don't think moving up for a QB next year makes any sense. Not at this point anyway. It doesn't seem to be the draft to move up for a QB based on the class coming in to the draft. 

Just now, Mike030270 said:

This place is going to be hilarious if Wentz wins a SB

Thankfully I don't think that's something we have to worry about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hurts appears twice... And is lumped in with "Every Eagles QB".

Agree! And he was a rookie and all those guys were veterans including the guy he was lumped in with. Really not a good analysis at all!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Yup and many will say the Eagles are stupid for getting rid of him.  Well, technically he is the one that wanted to leave town.

35 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It’s the James Harden Effect. Did the Thunder know they were dropping a league MVP and perennial all NBA player when they traded him to OKC? 

All you can do is look at your current situation and what that player is doing for it. James was the third wheel; they were committed to Durant and Westbrook. And Wentz was playing terrible and didn’t want to be here. Anything that happens after the trade doesn’t change what he was for Philly, and he needed to be shipped out for us to get better.

22 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Yup and many will say the Eagles are stupid for getting rid of him.  Well, technically he is the one that wanted to leave town.

It’ll make drafting a QB in the 2nd round all that more stupid. Especially if Hurts doesn’t pan out

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

People go their whole lives not loving anything as much as you love Carson Wentz. Congrats, man.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

People go their whole lives not loving anything as much as you love Carson Wentz. Congrats, man.

Thanks. I really appreciate it

1 hour ago, Bamabird said:

Agree! And he was a rookie and all those guys were veterans including the guy he was lumped in with. Really not a good analysis at all!!

No it really wasn't. Add to that the problems that both Hurts and Wentz faced in terms of an ever changing OL and not very good WRs.