Jalen Hurts and Carson Wentz appear multiple times on “The worst NFL QBs for every type of throw” list

nicks

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just don't think moving up for a QB next year makes any sense. Not at this point anyway. It doesn't seem to be the draft to move up for a QB based on the class coming in to the draft. 

We don't know that. Burrow went #1 overall but the year before nobody had him pegged to be that high.

Matt Barkley was the shoo in #1 overall pick, went back to school and ended up being drafted in the 4th round.

College players really do fluctuate year after year. Not all of them will be like Trevor Lawrence.

• Like 3

I don't get it,

- Jalen Hurts plays well against Saints & Cardinals, the loss to the Cardinals is on the defense he played a faultless game.

- The only game he played poorly was the Dallas game because Desean Jackson exited the game with an injury after the TD,

- The Washington game was setup to lose so Eagles get a better Draft pick.

How does this make Hurts such a terrible QB ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pallidrone said:

College players really do fluctuate year after year. Not all of them will be like Trevor Lawrence.

You mean possible bust?😂

17 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I’m really not sure what they’re doing. When we were at 6 we were in position to move up for trey Lance. Maybe they only wanted Wilson as reported and knew he wouldn’t be available.

It feels like we’re either hoping hurts isn’t terrible or setting up for a QB in 2021, but are our pickings really going to be better than 2020?

There was no way the Eagles could pick a North Dakota QB with their first round pick in 2021 (especially not with one good season as starter) was never going to happen. Picking another overrated churchy white guy who padded stats beating up on sub par competition would've been a bit on the nose too. They could've maybe justified Fields.

18 hours ago, rambo said:

As long as their problem isn't a bad enough one to prevent it from playing 70% of the snaps I'm a happy camper.

I think he'll bounce back and play well for them. But what do I know?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I don't get it,

- Jalen Hurts plays well against Saints & Cardinals, the loss to the Cardinals is on the defense he played a faultless game.

- The only game he played poorly was the Dallas game because Desean Jackson exited the game with an injury after the TD,

I wouldn't say he was faultless against the Cardinals. He still only threw for a 55% completion percentage and fumbled 3 times. 

Also you say his best games were against the Cardinals and Saints, 2 games Jackson didn't play in at all but, he didn't have a good game against the Cowboys because Jackson went out of the game? Even though the cowboys had the worst defense out of all the teams he faced

5 hours ago, Vlad67 said:

You mean possible bust?😂

Oh that is very possible. What I really mean is that he would have been the #1 overall pick in any of the last few years.

23 hours ago, nicks said:

Do they not have Scouts and intelligent people that are highly paid and are supposed to notice this??-before they invest millions of dollars?

Everyone knows the experts on this are Sports Illustrated writers. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I wouldn't say he was faultless against the Cardinals. He still only threw for a 55% completion percentage and fumbled 3 times. 

Also you say his best games were against the Cardinals and Saints, 2 games Jackson didn't play in at all but, he didn't have a good game against the Cowboys because Jackson went out of the game? Even though the cowboys had the worst defense out of all the teams he faced

I thought he had 2 fumbles vs the Cardinals, I could be wrong.

Obviously with the Dallas game, the D coordinator had better tape on him from the Cards game and game planned effectively, so he needed all the help he could get and Jackson was providing the spark till he left the game right after he scored the TD.

I am not saying Hurts is perfect or the second coming of Wilson (I hope he is) but he was thrown into an absolute mess of a situation, it was quick sand out there and he stayed afloat with no training camp, QB controversies, bad coaching etc...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

I thought he had 2 fumbles vs the Cardinals, I could be wrong.

Obviously with the Dallas game, the D coordinator had better tape on him from the Cards game and game planned effectively, so he needed all the help he could get and Jackson was providing the spark till he left the game right after he scored the TD.

I am not saying Hurts is perfect or the second coming of Wilson (I hope he is) but he was thrown into an absolute mess of a situation, it was quick sand out there and he stayed afloat with no training camp, QB controversies, bad coaching etc...

Good points, I'm trying really hard to not be negative about Hurts lol. I'll get there eventually, the whole Wentz situation left a bitter taste in my mouth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'll get there eventually, the whole Wentz situation left a bitter taste in my mouth. 

I hear you bruh..

My Biggest souring experience with the whole Wentz saga was I wanted Eagles to trade him after his MVP year, I wanted Ertz traded as well a few years ago and had we done the trades, we would've had a few star players with the huge draft capital return or probably nothing considering Roseman was at helm...

Ahh well, hoping Hurts does well,  if the Oline can stay healthy, I don't see why Hurts cant have a decent year, if he doesn't then we have the draft capital to get Watson or someone else the following season.

I think wentz will do well in Indy, but I am also still sour on the way his departure went down. He just decided that he didn't want to play here anymore for whatever reason. Call it hurts, call it Howie, call it foles, whatever. He quit on the franchise after they gave him everything.

They delayed benching him WEEKS past when he should have been because they had that much faith in him. Then he gets all disgruntled because he was playing so badly he got benched? 

He could go on to win 10 super bowls and people would call the eagles stupid for trading him, but what choice did they have? They fired Doug and wentz still didn't want to be here. If they held onto wentz he definitely wasn't going to win a championship with no drive. He would've been Jay Cutler.

6 hours ago, greend said:

I think he'll bounce back and play well for them. But what do I know?

Me, too.  I think the Colts have a good team, staff, and front office around him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

There was no way the Eagles could pick a North Dakota QB with their first round pick in 2021 (especially not with one good season as starter) was never going to happen. Picking another overrated churchy white guy who padded stats beating up on sub par competition would've been a bit on the nose too. They could've maybe justified Fields.

People spend way too much time fussing about the school a player went to. Lance isn’t Wentz

So it's officially "stupid, made-up lists to fill the void until training camp" season?  Awesome!

21 hours ago, pallidrone said:

We don't know that. Burrow went #1 overall but the year before nobody had him pegged to be that high.

Matt Barkley was the shoo in #1 overall pick, went back to school and ended up being drafted in the 4th round.

Tua was supposed to be like Lawrence when he finally started playing. I was hearing about him when he was in high school and I don’t even watch college football like that. Things change all the time. 

On 6/15/2021 at 2:35 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

It’s the James Harden Effect. Did the Thunder know they were dropping a league MVP and perennial all NBA player when they traded him to OKC? 

All you can do is look at your current situation and what that player is doing for it. James was the third wheel; they were committed to Durant and Westbrook. And Wentz was playing terrible and didn’t want to be here. Anything that happens after the trade doesn’t change what he was for Philly, and he needed to be shipped out for us to get better.

I agree, but part of the problem is that nobody seems to want to look at WHY he wanted to leave or WHY he was playing terribly last season.  Frankly, Brady could have been under center for us and he would have been terrible too.  There's not much you can do with all 2nd stringers at best, except the center, going up against the other team's starters no matter how much money you're being paid.  If nobody's open and there's no blocking, you're going to have a bad season.

20 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

I don't get it,

He fumbled 9 times in 4 games.  Statistically, his passing numbers are almost the same as Carson's and everyone is pretty sure Carson was terrible last season.

15 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

He fumbled 9 times in 4 games.  Statistically, his passing numbers are almost the same as Carson's and everyone is pretty sure Carson was terrible last season.

Yeah but Carson has been in the league for 6 years, Hurts did not even have a training camp his rookie year. Gotta compare apples with apples..

17 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

But he was also a rookie; had never stepped onto an nfl field as a pro until last year, and wasn’t making 33m$ a season to play terrible

12 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

Yeah but Carson has been in the league for 6 years, Hurts did not even have a training camp his rookie year. Gotta compare apples with apples..

12 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

But he was also a rookie; had never stepped onto an nfl field as a pro until last year, and wasn’t making 33m$ a season to play terrible

I personally find that to be a weak argument.  Like I said in my other post, it doesn't matter how much you're paying someone if there's no open receivers and no blocking.  You are going to fail whether you're being paid league minimum or 30+ million dollars.  You could have put any QB in the league back there and the results would have been the same.  Years of experience as a QB isn't going to help your receivers get open or your line block better because none of them are starters.  It would actually be shocking if they didn't have similar numbers, bucause it was an impossible situation to succeed in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

I personally find that to be a weak argument.  Like I said in my other post, it doesn't matter how much you're paying someone if there's no open receivers and no blocking.  You are going to fail whether you're being paid league minimum or 30+ million dollars.  You could have put any QB in the league back there and the results would have been the same.  Years of experience as a QB isn't going to help your receivers get open or your line block better because none of them are starters.  It would actually be shocking if they didn't have similar numbers, bucause it was an impossible situation to succeed in.

Are you sure ?

Deshaun Watson had no line or receivers, he did fine last season....

By the way Deshaun Watson comparison only applies to Wentz as they both have years of NFL experience.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, Mike030270 said:

This place is going to be hilarious if Wentz wins a SB

Especially if we dumped him to go with Hurts, and if Hurts loses the job to Flacco right out of training camp. :huh:

10 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Are you sure ?

Deshaun Watson had no line or receivers, he did fine last season....

By the way Deshaun Watson comparison only applies to Wentz as they both have years of NFL experience.

He had no receivers?  Are you serious?  Brandon Cooks and Will Fuller played and I'm sure those guys are better at getting open than anyone we were starting for the majority of the season.  And yes, while their O line was also in bad shape, they at least ran the ball so the QB didn't have to do everything.

So yeah, I'm sure.  Unless there was some point that Watson had only one 1st stringer on offense other than himself, which is what our QB's had to work with.

• Like 2