Jalen Hurts and Carson Wentz appear multiple times on “The worst NFL QBs for every type of throw” list

nicks

10 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Are you sure ?

Deshaun Watson had no line or receivers, he did fine last season....

By the way Deshaun Watson comparison only applies to Wentz as they both have years of NFL experience.

Lol really? Compared to the Eagles last season Watson was surrounded by pro-bowlers! Houston's problem was defense not offense.

1 hour ago, Dweedlebug said:

He had no receivers?  Are you serious?  Brandon Cooks and Will Fuller played and I'm sure those guys are better at getting open than anyone we were starting for the majority of the season.  And yes, while their O line was also in bad shape, they at least ran the ball so the QB didn't have to do everything.

So yeah, I'm sure.  Unless there was some point that Watson had only one 1st stringer on offense other than himself, which is what our QB's had to work with.

Ok sure, that's fine, I was under the impression Fuller was traded and not on the Texans..

Yes Wentz & Hurts had poor undeveloped talent around them but you still cant compare that situation of what Wentz had to deal with to Hurts, end of the day Wentz had years of NFL experience behind him while Hurts did not even have a training camp..

I am hoping Hurts comes through this season, if not there is draft capital to go out and get the QB for the future.

2 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

He had no receivers?  Are you serious?  Brandon Cooks and Will Fuller played and I'm sure those guys are better at getting open than anyone we were starting for the majority of the season.  And yes, while their O line was also in bad shape, they at least ran the ball so the QB didn't have to do everything.

So yeah, I'm sure.  Unless there was some point that Watson had only one 1st stringer on offense other than himself, which is what our QB's had to work with.

Yeah he did have Will Fuller and Brandin Cooks, and when Will Fuller got suspended he had Keke Coutee, a receiver who suits up half a season if he's lucky and Chad Hansen who hadn't played a game in 3 years who racked up 400 yards in 6 games and 236 yards in 5 games at the end of last season, Watson elevated his receivers on his way to 4000 odd yards at 70 plus percent accuracy, Wentz hasn't thrown a 1000 yard receiver in 5 years, had both his starting tight ends and couldn't hit TE's, Receivers or Tailbacks consistently as he followed his receivers into a hole.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 10:36 PM, pallidrone said:

College players really do fluctuate year after year. Not all of them will be like Trevor Lawrence.

Just for a little comparison. 

Trevor played against 10 ranked teams in his 3 years at Clemson, Hurts played against 6 ranked teams in 2016.

Okay which one of you "Hurts huggers" made this video?  "Amazing"

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:34 AM, nicks said:

Do they not have Scouts and intelligent people that are highly paid and are supposed to notice this??-before they invest millions of dollars?

Do you really give a crap about QB ratings in a third rate publication?

I know this has to have been mentioned before in this thread, but I don't feel like reading it all. Hurts played what, 4 games? With absolutely no offensive line, and no receivers. There is no comparison with Wentz's performance expectations.

On 6/16/2021 at 10:41 AM, devpool said:

I think wentz will do well in Indy, but I am also still sour on the way his departure went down. He just decided that he didn't want to play here anymore for whatever reason. Call it hurts, call it Howie, call it foles, whatever. He quit on the franchise after they gave him everything.

They delayed benching him WEEKS past when he should have been because they had that much faith in him. Then he gets all disgruntled because he was playing so badly he got benched? 

He could go on to win 10 super bowls and people would call the eagles stupid for trading him, but what choice did they have? They fired Doug and wentz still didn't want to be here. If they held onto wentz he definitely wasn't going to win a championship with no drive. He would've been Jay Cutler.

I think Wentz is a crybaby and a quitter with a big ego. Was bound to happen.  Glad he's gone, sooner than later... Rather have someone with half his talent who's a team player and a leader. Dude folded and took his ball home.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:42 PM, greend said:

Okay which one of you "Hurts huggers" made this video?  "Amazing"

I don't know the last time I was this AMAZED!!!

• Haha 2

This is what happens when the QB factory is outsourced to China

After watching that video, we are a lock to go all the way with Hurts.  He's got swag and stood tall in the pocket to hit open receivers against that defense. He was unstoppable.  

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

After watching that video, we are a lock to go all the way with Hurts.  He's got swag and stood tall in the pocket to hit open receivers against that defense. He was unstoppable.  

Is he as unstoppable as Sudfeld though?

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Is he as unstoppable as Sudfeld though?

Tough call, but he seems to have really taken his benching for Sudfeld last year seriously.

I'm bored (nothing much to talk about right now/off season), but I guess I want to say as an Eagles fan, I have to be a Hurts supporter until I no longer have to be. I will try to back him, because he is all we have right now. I'm not hoping he fails, even though I have always had my doubts about that entire draft. So wether I like it or not, I am backing him until a new #1 QB takes over, should that happen. Who knows, maybe he grows into a very good QB. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I'm bored (nothing much to talk about right now/off season), but I guess I want to say as an Eagles fan, I have to be a Hurts supporter until I no longer have to be. I will try to back him, because he is all we have right now. I'm not hoping he fails, even though I have always had my doubts about that entire draft. So wether I like it or not, I am backing him until a new #1 QB takes over, should that happen. Who knows, maybe he grows into a very good QB. 

Couldn't agree more. Just like with Wentz. We supported him and defended him until the point where we just couldn't defend him anymore. And at that point it was time to move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Couldn't agree more. Just like with Wentz. We supported him and defended him until the point where we just couldn't defend him anymore. And at that point it was time to move on.

That's not true for the board.  Many bailed on him in 2017 after the injury and Foles SB run.  It happened again in 2018 after the injury and 2019 with that awful team around him.  2020 was the 1st year where it made any major sense to question him and, again, many did. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That's not true for the board.  Many bailed on him in 2017 after the injury and Foles SB run.  It happened again in 2018 after the injury and 2019 with that awful team around him.  2020 was the 1st year where it made any major sense to question him and, again, many did. 

Not this board though bud! 😁

• Thanks 2

On 6/29/2021 at 1:02 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

There was about 10 of us that questioned Wentz in 18 and 19 and we got ragged relentlessly for it, the idea the fanbase turned early is nonsense.

My view with Wentz outside 17 is that he didn't do anything that an average competent starter might manage in what was a historically bad division with a good O Line and he was given way too early an extension based on the evidence available at the time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2021 at 8:23 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

There was about 10 of us that questioned Wentz in 18 and 19 and we got ragged relentlessly for it, the idea the fanbase turned early is nonsense.

My view with Wentz outside 17 is that he didn't do anything that an average competent starter might manage in what was a historically bad division with a good O Line and he was given way too early an extension based on the evidence available at the time.

image.jpeg.6fd50e437beb56ced93d495d1bb5244d.jpeg

On 6/29/2021 at 4:00 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not this board though bud! 😁

I don’t remember a large group of people wanting Wentz gone on the last board either actually. I recall the majority of people wanting Wentz over Foles and I was one of them too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t remember a large group of people wanting Wentz gone on the last board either actually. I recall the majority of people wanting Wentz over Foles and I was one of them too. 

Foles is like the sloots on the dating sites that say " here for a good time not a long time" lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Foles is like the sloots on the dating sites that say " here for a good time not a long time" lol

Honestly I think more people were on the Foles wagon around here, because the enjoyed getting under rememberthekoy’s skin. 😂

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I think more people were on the Foles wagon around here, because the enjoyed getting under rememberthekoy’s skin. 😂

I know exactly what I said which was " Foles is good enough to get us through a playoff game or 2 in the right circumstances" 

You are also correct in people getting under RTKs skin which ended up in his eventual banning lol. He chose to die on that hill though so.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know exactly what I said which was " Foles is good enough to get us through a playoff game or 2 in the right circumstances" 

You are also correct in people getting under RTKs skin which ended up in his eventual banning lol. He chose to die on that hill though so.... 

I was a supporter of Foles, but I believed that letting him go at the time was the right move. I also felt going with Wentz was the right move. I wasn’t as confident in giving him the contract, but I understood why they did that too, but for me I really started to question Wentz two seasons ago after Foles was gone and it just looked like his mechanics seemed out of whack and he was making some questionable throws. Still he would show flashes like the throw he made in Washington, but some of his clunker games that year were troubling. Then one more year ending with an injury too and my doubts were full on. Last season made it clear to me he isn’t a guy that is capable of winning anything big.