The Home Theater Thread

iladelphxx

soo....walmart has those same 2 samsung tv's and each is $300 cheaper than the price at best buy.  is there any reason to order from best buy vs walmart?  both have free shipping, btw. 

amazon price is the same as walmart on the q60 & $10 more than walmart on the 8 series. 

we'll see.  it will depend on whose shipping i trust more. 

17 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

soo....walmart has those same 2 samsung tv's and each is $300 cheaper than the price at best buy.  is there any reason to order from best buy vs walmart?  both have free shipping, btw. 

Make sure it’s the EXACT same numbers on those models. 

20 minutes ago, OCEaglefan said:

'tis

just have to decide whether the qled is worth paying $190 more. :unsure:  

I usually go with best buy because of the 0% 24 month financing. 

Pretty much all of them will price match

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, OCEaglefan said:

yep, usually walmart sells what appears to be the same tv at other box stores but is actually an older model or is refurbished. it will say refurbished in the description. 

Hunt swear I saw a post about dire need for 82" pedestal stand

Search starter

16 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Best Buy will price match any local retailer and select online retailers (amazon price matched it sold and shipped by amazon... sometimes Amazon’s is marketing TVs sold by someone else, and those BB does not price match) 

Have only scrolled the "home” screen aka the first page that opens when you click on advertisement, but apparently BB is doing a 1-day sale on all sorts of stuff. That higher end TCL QLED 8-series that starts at 65” is back at 50% off

B9493297-C80F-4637-BDBA-4C8BEAE630A6.png

• Like 1

hit a slight snag with the 82" samsung.  my tv stand...which i really like...is 64" wide. the legs of the samsung are around 63" apart. so that's way too close for comfort. one option is to get a swivel base  like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CORQRX0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2T4RI5JPP2USG&psc=1

that is the largest one i could find...says it holds up to 80" tv's & 143 lbs...but reviewers are saying it works on their 82" samsungs (which only weigh around 107 lbs).  i'll be doing more research today to see if other brands might work better w/ my tv stand. i really don't want to mount a tv that size....or buy a new tv stand. 

#firstworldproblems

48 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

hit a slight snag with the 82" samsung.  my tv stand...which i really like...is 64" wide. the legs of the samsung are around 63" apart. so that's way too close for comfort. one option is to get a swivel base  like this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CORQRX0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2T4RI5JPP2USG&psc=1

that is the largest one i could find...says it holds up to 80" tv's & 143 lbs...but reviewers are saying it works on their 82" samsungs (which only weigh around 107 lbs).  i'll be doing more research today to see if other brands might work better w/ my tv stand. i really don't want to mount a tv that size....or buy a new tv stand. 

#firstworldproblems

My new tv is on two 24 packs of diet cokes right now until the new stand arrives Friday.

The nice thing about the diet cokes is they are suitable for any size tv, you just have to move them further away from each other depending on the width of the tv and the legs. It's also convenient if you get thirsty while watching tv because you have diet coke right there. Plus only cost like 5 bucks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Have only scrolled the "home” screen aka the first page that opens when you click on advertisement, but apparently BB is doing a 1-day sale on all sorts of stuff. That higher end TCL QLED 8-series that starts at 65” is back at 50% off

B9493297-C80F-4637-BDBA-4C8BEAE630A6.png

dat q90 tho 🤯

i'm srsly considering that one...works with my tv stand too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

#firstworldproblems

I didn't quote your other post, but I love my Q90 and if I ever move somewhere with more space I could see myself upgrading to a larger size in it Day 1.

With the stands.. I haven't looked it up but many of the TVs that have those two v-shaped feet on the outter edges also have a secondary mounting position for them that brings them in closer. 

image.png.bf102cf625d93011723d2cca1f9dffe7.png

This comment is from 82" 8000-series

image.thumb.png.a3b0132d1d7e1b7d2cacf19dab2e191d.png

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

f it...just ordered the q90.  big baller! 

yeah buddy!

what model number? If from BB I see there stuff so much I'll drop an "at" if I see a price drop during whatever they list as their return/exchange window. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

yeah buddy!

what model number? If from BB I see there stuff so much I'll drop an "at" if I see a price drop during whatever they list as their return/exchange window. 

Model: QN82Q90RAFXZA

thanks, brah! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

#firstworldproblems

dude, tell me you deleted this original post last night and reposted this morning or me and the below are going to have words.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

dude, tell me you deleted this original post last night and reposted this morning or me and the below are going to have words.

sort of. made a post about it not fitting on my tv stand but quickly deleted it when i discovered the existence of the swivel bases. 

27 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

sort of. made a post about it not fitting on my tv stand but quickly deleted it when i discovered the existence of the swivel bases. 

ok thanks. my response centered around the Guardian of  Forever character from Star Trek. Chickie and friend are watching everything Star Trek in chronological order and that character was introduced last night. it's a time machine. 

7 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

ok thanks. my response centered around the Guardian of  Forever character from Star Trek. Chickie and friend are watching everything Star Trek in chronological order and that character was introduced last night. it's a time machine. 

no need to explain.  i always 100% understand all of your posts & that one was no different. 

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

no need to explain.  i always 100% understand all of your posts & that one was no different. 

I'll take Things no one has ever meant when they said it for $1000 Alex

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

I'll take Things no one has ever meant when they said it for $1000 Alex

and here is your daily clue...
rU7Gqw7.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 3:45 PM, mr_hunt said:

'tis

the qled is worth paying $190 more. 

Fyp

On 5/13/2020 at 10:05 AM, mr_hunt said:

f it...just ordered the q90.  big baller! 

See