Preseason: New England Patriots @ Philadelphia Eagles 8/19/21 7:30 EST

EagleJoe8

Can’t read much into preseason. We looked terrible in the preseason the year we won the super bowl. That said the team looks sloppy and lacking talent. 

This is why everyone except TV and the owners hate practice games.  The Eagles starters (and then some) are obviously bubble wrapped.  This is pointless.

The Hurts situation is weird.  He was only going to play a couple of series and you have him dress and then say he can’t go.

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Why the F wouldn’t Reagor fight for that ball

Kinda looked like he was getting mugged on that play. 

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

So far the only positive tonight is Singleton

Yea, he's all over the place. Had one missed tackle, but you can see he's tired AF.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

This team needs more reps but Nick thinks the joint practice was enough 🤷‍♂️

I hated the hire when they made it. He hasn’t done much to change my mind.

Just now, CaliEagle said:

The Hurts situation is weird.  He was only going to play a couple of series and you have him dress and then say he can’t go.

Probably got scared seeing how our oline was benched. Honestly think they get more out of joint practices than these pre season games.

2 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Maybe Smith and Reagor have an illness too?

I’ll state this about Smith and that’s the kid isn’t getting jammed at the line like people thought he would. Seems like every play Reagor is blanketed. 

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I look at it like this, in order for Hurts to have played well the Eagles would've exposed too much of their offense, not a bad move. 

Just now, Portyansky said:

Probably got scared seeing how our oline was benched. Honestly think they get more out of joint practices than these pre season games.

If he was sick why bother having him dress for this preseason game? Just doesn’t add up.

4 minutes ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

They played it more like a 3rd and short than a 1st and 10 - but I'm OK with trying things like that while you can.

Yeah, but understand the situation. The Pats are running a 2min offense. If they see one on one on the edges they’re going to attack it.

Just now, xstonr said:

Big deal we won the practices. I’d like to see us win a game. 

Preseason is practice

1 minute ago, xstonr said:

Preseason wins are meaningless. The Eagles cared so little about this game they didn’t even bring in a kicker. No need to over think this stuff. 

If any of you are putting any weight into any of these pre season games, I feel bad for you. 2008 Lions won the pre season... 0-16

3 minutes ago, xstonr said:

They both hold the same weight... don't count.

What has really concerned me so far is Reagor. He should be dominating these lesser corners of the Pats, and he’s not. This guy is supposed to be a starter…

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

What has really concerned me so far is Reagor. He should be dominating these lesser corners of the Pats, and he’s not. This guy is supposed to be a starter…

Oline not helping the situation. 

13 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Can’t read much into preseason. We looked terrible in the preseason the year we won the super bowl. That said the team looks sloppy and lacking talent. 

Yup. This looks atrocious... i havent watched pre season in ages. Decided to rush home to see a hurts to smith connection. Instead we get flaaco check downs

9 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Preseason is practice

With actual tackling. Something practice has been missing(except the joint practice)

4 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Oline not helping the situation. 

True, but his total lack of separation from defenders isn’t helping either. 

Archived