Preseason: New England Patriots @ Philadelphia Eagles 8/19/21 7:30 EST

EagleJoe8

2 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Then I guess you missed Alex Singleton on the field. Because he was the only one doing anything worth watching.

He made a couple nice plays, but also had some Nate Gerryesque missed tackles.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, he wasn't perfect but still he was flying around making plays for the 2nd week in a row. 

So, the new coaching staff decided that we'd only play two pre-season games this year?

5 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

I still have no idea why people pay money to go to these games.  I remember when they were free.

You don’t really have a choice when you buy the packages. 

5 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

I still have no idea why people pay money to go to these games.  I remember when they were free.

I have no idea why people bet on them

3 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

odds the preseason for the eagles will mirror the reg season, I bet it'll  be very similar, heller

Meaning the starters get hurt, and a bunch of useless backups have to play? Yeah it’s kind of been a running theme around these parts lately. 

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Meaning the starters get hurt, and a bunch of useless backups have to play? Yeah it’s kind of been a running theme around these parts lately. 

Nope, meaning with the starters I believe this season will b a fail

17 hours ago, b_west3 said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the end result of a near decade of awful drafting. 

This post wins the internet and will be the welcome back to school theme for the entire year

51 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

Nope, meaning with the starters I believe this season will b a fail

Don’t even know how the starters play, cause we barely see them.

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not worried over this game, but I do still have concerns about the overall durability of this team. If the Eagles need to play their backups for an extended amount of time it could get ugly.

We are in the same boat as other teams with backups. Don't worry. There are also some upcoming players on our second team, so cup is half full, not half empty.We just need to stay healthy with our first team.

7 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

We are in the same boat as other teams with backups

I disagree.  Two weeks in a row the other teams back ups dominated our back ups.

Depth will again be the Achilles of this team.  Scouting and Medical staffs need to be heavily scrutinized.  

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, the new coaching staff decided that we'd only play two pre-season games this year?

Short practices and 2 pre- season games. SOFT? Or smart? Hmmmm.... 

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

I disagree.  Two weeks in a row the other teams back ups dominated our back ups.

Do they all have new system? New coaches? Probably not. Growing pains are to be expected especially in the beginning. I believe we will get better. 🙂

On 8/19/2021 at 11:01 PM, Outlaw said:

Lmao at you guys writing off a 4th round rookie in his second ever preseason game. Y’all need to get your heads straight. The 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. It means less than nothing. The only important thing is no major injuries. 

The guy looked horrible.  simple.  Can you cover or not?  He doesn't have the speed.  

7 hours ago, judunno said:

Did we trade for Foles yet? Flacco is done.

:lol: I love Foles but the last thing we need right now is the Foles cult rising from the grave.

7 minutes ago, Damanick10 said:

:lol: I love Foles but the last thing we need right now is the Foles cult rising from the grave.

I'd prefer that to seeing Flacco hitting the field ever again.

18 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Short practices and 2 pre- season games. SOFT? Or smart? Hmmmm.... 

Iron sharpens Iron. I say soft. Watch there be a bunch of Week 1 injuries across the league. Can't just turn it on for game time like that. Hopefully they are getting in tons of physical work in the joint practices

On 8/20/2021 at 11:08 AM, downundermike said:

I don’t want to aft like Singleton didn’t look good out there, but I will state it’s way too soon to crown him as special yet. There is a reason why his road to the NFL was the way it was. Too soon to crown him anything. 

23 hours ago, judunno said:

Did we trade for Foles yet? Flacco is done.

They should inquire about Minshew. He would be a decent #2 and he clearly doesn't have a future in Jax.  He would likely get more playing time here vs. Jax with Lawrence there.  I don't understand why the Eagles got a #2 in an over the hill Flacco whose playing style is completely different than Hurts. That makes it harder for the OL to adjust if Hurts goes down.  

5 hours ago, judunno said:

Iron sharpens Iron. I say soft. Watch there be a bunch of Week 1 injuries across the league. Can't just turn it on for game time like that. Hopefully they are getting in tons of physical work in the joint practices

Hurts has 10 reps in a game. 10. That's not enough. This team is all new and needs as much work as possible. I don't know what Hey Siri is doing. Probably following his marching orders and saying "YES" a lot to a certain GM and owner.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Hurts has 10 reps in a game. 10. That's not enough. This team is all new and needs as much work as possible. I don't know what Hey Siri is doing. Probably following his marching orders and saying "YES" a lot to a certain GM and owner.

The kid got sick and went to the hospital. One presumes he was going to get snaps. What part of this is Siri supposed to have control over?

7 hours ago, Next_Up said:

The kid got sick and went to the hospital. One presumes he was going to get snaps. What part of this is Siri supposed to have control over?

I am talking about the Jets game. Word has it that Siri doesn't want to play him. He freekin better- Hurts, and the team need it.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:18 PM, myerstheman said:

The guy looked horrible.  simple.  Can you cover or not?  He doesn't have the speed.  

Another moron. CB is the 2nd or 3rd hardest position to learn on the field. He’s a 4th round rookie playing in a preseason game in a vanilla defense. Stop it. It’s embarrassing. 

Archived