EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine how excited we’d be right now if Damien Harris didn’t fumble the game away for New England. The Dolphins would be staring at 0-3 with Tua week to week with broken ribs. 

24 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  Suspension.  Banning.  

I was thinking just putting him on ignore and letting him talk to himself in a vacuum.

All 22 is definitely available on the international version of Game Pass.  I have the San Fran game running as I write this.  Has been there since Game 1.  A total lie that the product is not available .

This may simply be an artifact of defense, right now, if I'm playing the Eagles, I'm taking away Ertz and Goedert, and forcing the 3 young WRs to beat me.

You'd have to look at the 22 and see how defenses line up, especially the LBs and safeties, are they undercutting WR routes or taking away the middle of the field?

So interesting thing watching that Peterson guy’s breakdown of Dickerson. On one of the GL plays he identifies a play by Ertz as a pull. I think he is actually running a route for a shovel pass. It looks like it might have had a shot, but the SF DE (Bosa?) played it so well he was close enough to close the angle. 

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think Hurts had the option to either keep it or pass to Ertz, who appears to be looking back at the ball.

The play is at 2:50. 

27 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

So interesting thing watching that Peterson guy’s breakdown of Dickerson. On one of the GL plays he identifies a play by Ertz as a pull. I think he is actually running a route for a shovel pass. It looks like it might have had a shot, but the SF DE (Bosa?) played it so well he was close enough to close the angle. 

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think Hurts had the option to either keep it or pass to Ertz, who appears to be looking back at the ball.

The play is at 2:50. 

Caplan and Mosher on their tape review today said the same thing. The shovel was built into the play. 

Other interesting nugget was the 3rd and 6 they ran was an RPO. Their was 7 in the box so they weren’t sure why Hurts decided to hand it off. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I knew what you were thinking.  But there is not place for that stuff in here.  

Agreed.  But, that sort of thing happens when you engage certain people.  Waste of time.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

RTK made that accusation in the blog today

Well put him on ignore.   You brought it up with your buddy Swoop so maybe stop it..  Maybe you guys should take that out of here.  Never had that sort of issue until you guys decided to post in the Blog.  

29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Caplan and Mosher on their tape review today said the same thing. The shovel was built into the play. 

Other interesting nugget was the 3rd and 6 they ran was an RPO. Their was 7 in the box so they weren’t sure why Hurts decided to hand it off. 

Oh good grief I hope he isn't turning into Simmons and won't throw the ball now lol

18 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Well put him on ignore.   You brought it up with your buddy Swoop so maybe stop it..  Maybe you guys should take that out of here.  Never had that sort of issue until you guys decided to post in the Blog.  

Those accusations went well back into the end of last season.

:offtopic:

University of Houston (UH), BYU, Cincinnati and UCF have accepted invitations to join the Big 12.  Should help my Cougars with recruiting. 

Just now, BigEFly said:

:offtopic:

University of Houston (UH), BYU, Cincinnati and UCF have accepted invitations to join the Big 12.  Should help my Cougars with recruiting. 

I do not like the ever changing landscape of collegeiate athletics.

Dynamite breakdown of the Jets by the 12 year old…. These two idiots staring at each other 🤣😂🤣😂

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

Sounds like I missed a fun day in the blog

Day? You’ve missed the whole week lol. And it’s only Wednesday 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Dynamite breakdown of the Jets by the 12 year old…. These two idiots staring at each other 🤣😂🤣😂

Welcome.to.2 hrs ago!

25 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh good grief I hope he isn't turning into Simmons and won't throw the ball now lol

Seems like a one off. I’d be interested to see the all 22 on that play if it ever comes out, to see what potentially caused the wrong read. It may just go back to the earlier topic, processing speed. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Seems like a one off. I’d be interested to see the all 22 on that play if it ever comes out, to see what potentially caused the wrong read. It may just go back to the earlier topic, processing speed. 

I was reading that this one was one of the most confusing calls of the day. They didn't call it a RPO though. They think Hurts checked out of a pass and into the run. They said if that's the case then Hurts has to much say in what gets called out there so soon. 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Welcome.to.2 hrs ago!

I stopped going back through the posts cause it turned into all hurts all the time. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was reading that this one was one of the most confusing calls of the day. They didn't call it a RPO though. They think Hurts checked out of a pass and into the run. They said if that's the case then Hurts has to much say in what gets called out there so soon. 

On the BwF podcast, Bo Wulf said Sanders had a chance for a big run on the play but didn’t follow Mailata. 

I don’t remember the play very well, other than absolutely hating a run on third and 6. 

Doug would call them, often when we were in or close to four down territory. I get that teams draw the look they want, and that there’s a good chance to hit a decent run, but I just hate it. 

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The justification was WR‘s ran routes and o-line ran blocked. Just going off what they said, I can’t find a replay of it. 

34 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

On the BwF podcast, Bo Wulf said Sanders had a chance for a big run on the play but didn’t follow Mailata. 

I don’t remember the play very well, other than absolutely hating a run on third and 6. 

Doug would call them, often when we were in or close to four down territory. I get that teams draw the look they want, and that there’s a good chance to hit a decent run, but I just hate it. 

I didn't think anything of it at the time because they were ripping off big chunks of yards with Sanders. So looked at it as more of a make them stop it type things

55 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It was there.  Sanders hit the center of the line rather than following Mailata off tackle. 

You can see Kelce throw his arms up after the play when he looks down and sees Sanders at his feet as if to suggest that isn't where the play was designed to go.

image.png.8c24f2ea72d8c6085233687c6941e978.png

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It makes you wonder how Ertz ever had the numbers he had a few years ago.  Took defenses a long time to shut it down.  I wonder when defenses will do the same to Kelce and Kittle.  

Honestly part of the crazy high numbers was Wentz throwing it only to him and nobody else, justified or not.

Archived