EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

So total offense only matters when it's used to support Hurts?

Only thing Jalen Hurts leads the league in is goofball hair cut….Wait no he’s second to:

F35390AF-B700-447B-9DD2-CB68540F25EF.jpeg

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 1: Hurts played against the woeful Falcons and had inflated (I would argue) stats.

Game 2: Hurts played against a good 49'ers teams and had stats consistent with last year.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Patrick Mahomes, 76.1%, 680 yards, 6 TD's, 1 int, 131.4 QB rating, 21 rushing yards and 1 TD

Jalen Hurts, 67.2%, 454 yards, 3 TD, 0 int, 108 QB rating, 144 rushing yards and 1 TD.

Yeah, Mahomes is the #8 QB and Hurts is #2

🤡🌏

I didn't make the rankings. But please continue on why you think Daniel Jones is better. 

1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

Game 1: Hurts played against the woeful Falcons and had inflated (I would argue) stats.

Game 2: Hurts played against a good 49'ers teams and had stats consistent with last year.

How about the atrocious offensive play calling in game 2?

Or is it a requirement for the Hurts hate circle jerk to completely overlook that aspect and act like he was failing to execute a great gameplan? 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Or is it a requirement for the Hurts hate circle jerk to completely overlook that aspect and act like he was failing to execute a great gameplan? 

Game plan is not the reason he underthrew multiple deep shots when guys were open.

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

I think the deficiencies on offense had more to do with execution than plan.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Game plan is not the reason he underthrew multiple deep shots when guys were open.

Correct. Fatigue is the reason. 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I didn't make the rankings. But please continue on why you think Daniel Jones is better. 

What?!? Bro that ranking is full of ish. Hurts IS NOT THE 2ND BEST QB. If you truly believe Hurts is the 2nd best you need to be hit in the head with a tack-hammer. (Another Tommy boy ref) 😉 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Dave Zangaro said the same thing about Hurts on their podcast yesterday... blew my mind.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That arm fatigue will get you every time, should have brought in the closer and we would have won.

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

Dave Zangaro said the same thing about Hurts on their podcast yesterday... blew my mind.

Wait. Really?

2 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

What?!? Bro that ranking is full of ish. Hurts IS NOT THE 2ND BEST QB. If you truly believe Hurts is the 2nd best you need to be hit in the head with a tack-hammer. (Another Tommy boy ref) 😉 

And @RememberTheKoy if Jalen Hurts is the second best QB in the NFL, he should be able to over come the game plan, receivers not getting open etc, etc, etc.  That is what franchise QB's do.

Also just realized, Aaron Rodgers also not on that list of top 10 NFL QB's 🤡🌏

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

He only threw 23 passes and most were 15 yards and under

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wait. Really?

Yeah, he and Reub were talking about Hurts' arm strength and Dave said he doesn't think it's an arm strength issue, but that his arm gets weaker as the game goes along. Insane.

There's no debate the goal line series play calling was abysmal but besides that I don't see what was so egregious. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Wait. Really?

I was shocked as well. He threw mostly short passes with a few deep shots. If it was something like 40-50 passes I would understand but it was 23. 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There's no debate the goal line series play calling was abysmal but besides that I don't see what was so egregious. 

I do, Jalen Hurts.

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

I was shocked as well. He threw mostly short passes with a few deep shots. If it was something like 40-50 passes I would understand but it was 23. 

Straws GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, downundermike said:

I do, Jalen Hurts.

play calling wise, I meant. 

Just saw the athletic ranked Tom Brady greatest football player ever. 7 Super Bowls, can’t argue that. 

However, I’ve always internally ranked QBs by which one I did not want the Eagles to face. The two QBs that scared me the most were Peyton and Rodgers. I just never felt like the Eagles could beat those two and I can only think of 1 time for each that it actually happened. And honestly Drew Brees scared me more than Brady but that’s probably because the Saints just had our number. 

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Just saw the athletic ranked Tom Brady greatest football player ever. 7 Super Bowls, can’t argue that. 

Jalen Hurts was snubbed….

I've read everything I need to read in the last week to now know for sure Hurts will fail. Simply by basing it off of the people that are sticking up for his play Sunday. 

42 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Ahhh so now total yards matters whereas previously it did not when comparing QBs.  Back a hour ago the only stat that mattered as the average margin of loss. 

But now total yards matter, whewras before they didn't. 

It's becoming your signature move, disregard everything except only the stat you cherry pick and proclaim it the defining stat. 

I don’t know… he made a pretty convincing argument that Reid didn’t develop McNabb based on college completion percentage. 

Archived