EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

29 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Only thing Jalen Hurts leads the league in is goofball hair cut….Wait no he’s second to:

F35390AF-B700-447B-9DD2-CB68540F25EF.jpeg

He looks like Cynthia from Rugrats

4BE55167-CE3D-4933-9359-B55EED3182B9.jpeg

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

No one has said he can't throw a deep ball.  That's a straw man that keeps getting tossed out.   What he hasn't done is throw deep over the middle... or even intermediate over the middle.  That's where windows generally close faster than the outside where you can throw an arced ball.  

So, the question is why hasn't he thrown the ball over the middle, and that's where the conjecture comes in.  It's those over the middle throws that require more arm strength, because of the small windows and how fast they close.  Throwing a rainbow in there gets a receiver killed, the pass picked off, or leads to a lot of break ups.    I guess the question is: Why hasn't he thrown there?  

I don't think there's an arm strength reason.  I think it has to do with what has been called and Hurts' preference.  

1 hour ago, vikas83 said:

They do realize these snowflakes will grow up one day and enter the real world, right?

Nope. I also read these kids are staying with their parents longer than McConaughey in Failure to Launch.

Cause it’s Dallas week. And F em. Plus I’m stoked i was finally able to acquire a set of game worm eagles jerseys from 1980 and 1982. 

D720EF9D-8B41-4D7D-872A-D4BC15D242B5.jpeg

66F13091-69D8-40F5-89F8-A1B0CF1BD963.jpeg

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There's no debate the goal line series play calling was abysmal but besides that I don't see what was so egregious. 

Thought we were meh on third down and a couple of the calls weren’t so good. I think we ran a little too much TBH, but tht wasn’t egregious. 

31 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Game 1: Hurts played against the woeful Falcons and had inflated (I would argue) stats.

Game 2: Hurts played against a good 49'ers teams and had stats consistent with last year.

See the source image

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Cause it’s Dallas week. And F em. Plus I’m stoked i was finally able to acquire a set of game worm eagles jerseys from 1980 and 1982. 

D720EF9D-8B41-4D7D-872A-D4BC15D242B5.jpeg

66F13091-69D8-40F5-89F8-A1B0CF1BD963.jpeg

Fake

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Game plan is not the reason he underthrew multiple deep shots when guys were open.

You're not going to hit every deep shot.  Play calling was a disgrace all game.  1st half overly conservative with the running and the goal line calls after Hurts hit Quez deep for 90+ yards was really really bad and those bad play calls are on Sirianni.  Also not Hurts fault that Reagor stepped out of bounds on what was a perfectly thrown pass that should have been a 36 yard TD pass.  Then the second half the play calling takes a complete 180 and nothing but plays are being called where they were trying to chuck the ball down the field.  It was a really bad unevenly called game by Sirianni.  One that hopefully he learns from as a very inexperienced playcaller.  

31 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

I think the deficiencies on offense had more to do with execution than plan.

I really don't know what you were watching then because it was not well called game.  

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

See the source image

Wow I haven’t seen this movie in a while. "I seen a badger with claws the size of frying pans and it will rip your face off and there’s nothing you can do about it!” 😂 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Collins and a 2nd for Dillard. 

27 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And @RememberTheKoy if Jalen Hurts is the second best QB in the NFL, he should be able to over come the game plan, receivers not getting open etc, etc, etc.  That is what franchise QB's do.

Also just realized, Aaron Rodgers also not on that list of top 10 NFL QB's 🤡🌏

Again, I did not make the list.  But keep being purposely ignorant, it's what you do best.  

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Again, I did not make the list.  But keep being purposely ignorant, it's what you do best.  

Can you post the entire list, I want to see the career ranking column for everyone.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If we had the cap space and were truly close to competing (as in for a title), I'd say sure. Trying to think of good teams that could use the boost. Maybe Buffalo?

Just now, downundermike said:

Can you post the entire list, I want to see the career ranking column for everyone.

I'm not convinced you guys aren't actually roommates in real life and trolling the entire board ..... 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

No, I don't have PFF.  

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

If we had the cap space and were truly close to competing (as in for a title), I'd say sure. Trying to think of good teams that could use the boost. Maybe Buffalo?

The thing is, Jamie Collins is bad.

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No, I don't have PFF.  

How did you get the list ??  If I click on that link, you can not see it without a subscription.

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

I probably would, but I can't if they keep minimizing the game and focusing on those 2.  I don't understand why they do that.  

I wish they had the game volume up higher. The banter was good and it was insightful but I also wanted to watch the game

1 minute ago, RLC said:

I agree, but he'd be better than just about every guy we have at the position.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

He’s much better than the guys we have. Did you see our LBs get washed on every single toss play. 

I fully expect teams to run that going forward till they prove they can stop it. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

24 minutes without a post, do we all have posting fatigue ??

It's dinner time around the Philly area right now. 

Archived