EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

This may not age well.

He knows the terminator in those movies always dies right? 

Basically the two things I’ve learned over the last year on the blog pertaining to eagles QBs

668605D8-394F-434A-AFE9-57DA7483D8D5.jpeg

E65EC04A-C282-46BF-933C-BFEF0BF323ED.jpeg

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Only in the eyes of PFF is Jalen Hurts better than Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stafford, Kyler Murray.  I mean, Daniel Jones has more total offense than Jalen Hurts.

I mean, Jalen Hurts has 598 yards of total offense, Derek Carr has 817 passing yards.  

This list is an absolute joke.

Through 2 weeks Jalen Hurts is 10th in QB rating and 7th in QBR.  13th highest TD% at 5.2%.  One of 8 QBs who have started both games and not yet thrown an interception.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Only in the eyes of PFF is Jalen Hurts better than Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stafford, Kyler Murray.  I mean, Daniel Jones has more total offense than Jalen Hurts.

I mean, Jalen Hurts has 598 yards of total offense, Derek Carr has 817 passing yards.  

Yea but do Daniel Jones or Matthew Stafford look fly before the game? Didn't think so. 

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

A serious response...

My daughter had a minor learning disability.  As a result, I learned a lot about how the brain works.  Hers was related to processing speed, not capacity to understand.   She was able to comprehend, but took longer than most.  Processing speed is an inherent trait.  Some can just process faster than others. It doesn't necessarily mean they are smarter. 

If Hurts is just average, it may not be good enough to play QB in the NFL.  He may be able to comprehend the offense in the meeting room.  But on the field, especially post snap and at the goal line, if he doesn't immediately understand what he is seeing, plays will be left on the field.

It may get better, but to the level necessary to succeed.

Let me just add... my daughter overcame her challenges and got her graduate degree Counselor Education this past May.

It's not film study, it's expected points added. Yards doesn't matter as much as first downs and touchdowns. It also punishes players for taking lots of throws and turnovers. Hurts hasn't thrown a lot, has scored a bunch and hasn't turned the ball over.

The Eagles are 13th in YPA BTW, so we're currently an above average passing offense. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I'm with @Connecticut Eagle, the career rankings column is the true indicator on the chart and is somewhat in line with reality.  I wouldn't have Kyler Murray as a top 10 QB, but reasonably close.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hats off to Derek carr. Hes looked good since the end of the 3rd quarter of the ravens game. He and the raiders put up some yards on that Steelers defense. I thought they’d hang around cause Big Ben can’t throw anymore but it’d be a low scoring affair. Hes looked good. If ruggs and Edwards keep taking steps that offense has talent at the skill position.  

12 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Do you have any 2022 Draft Sleepers yet?

Too early. 

I really like Desmond Ridder. He’s definitely not a sleeper but I think he could be great. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Ahhh so now total yards matters whereas previously it did not when comparing QBs.  Back a hour ago the only stat that mattered as the average margin of loss. 

But now total yards matter, whewras before they didn't. 

It's becoming your signature move, disregard everything except only the stat you cherry pick and proclaim it the defining stat. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea but do Daniel Jones or Matthew Stafford look fly before the game? Didn't think so. 

The mustard yellow suit wasn't doing it for you?

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Basically the two things I’ve learned over the last year on the blog pertaining to eagles QBs

668605D8-394F-434A-AFE9-57DA7483D8D5.jpeg

E65EC04A-C282-46BF-933C-BFEF0BF323ED.jpeg

White arm has bigger muscles so this is racist….

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Through 2 weeks Jalen Hurts is 10th in QB rating and 7th in QBR.  13th highest TD% at 5.2%.  One of 8 QBs who have started both games and not yet thrown an interception.  

Went and looked at the QB's you referenced, why is Russel Wilson not on that list.  He is light years better than Hurts.  Daniel Jones also has not thrown a pick, who has more total offense and the same amount of TD's.  

Went and looked at the QB's you referenced, why is Russel Wilson not on that list.  He is light years better than Hurts.  Daniel Jones also has not thrown a pick, who has more total offense and the same amount of TD's.  

I mean, I feel like the joke is writing itself...

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Ahhh so now total yards matters whereas previously it did not when comparing QBs.  Back a hour ago the only stat that mattered as the average margin of loss. 

But now total yards matter, whewras before they didn't. 

It's becoming your signature move, disregard everything except only the stat you cherry pick and proclaim it the defining stat. 

I never said total yards did not matter.  Daniel Jones has more passing yards than Hurts, and more total offense.  I just took out the middle man and used your own argument against you.

Regardless, that list is idiotic.  Jalen Hurts is not the second best QB in the NFL, he is not top 5, and he is not top 10.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Daniel Jones has a lower completion %, less TD throws, lower QB rating, lower QBR, lower yards per attempt, lower AY/A, and a lower TD %. 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I never said total yards did not matter.  Daniel Jones has more passing yards than Hurts, and more total offense.  I just took out the middle man and used your own argument against you.

Regardless, that list is idiotic.  Jalen Hurts is not the second best QB in the NFL, he is not top 5, and he is not top 10.

I didn’t even bother to read the list but if Jalen Hurts is 2nd best QB then whoever made the list really did eat paint chips as a kid. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Daniel Jones has a lower completion %, less TD throws, lower QB rating, lower QBR, lower Y/A, lower AY/A, and a lower TD %. 

So total offense only matters when it's used to support Hurts?

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Daniel Jones has a lower completion %, less TD throws, lower QB rating, lower QBR, lower yards per attempt, lower AY/A, and a lower TD %. 

Patrick Mahomes, 76.1%, 680 yards, 6 TD's, 1 int, 131.4 QB rating, 21 rushing yards and 1 TD

Jalen Hurts, 67.2%, 454 yards, 3 TD, 0 int, 108 QB rating, 144 rushing yards and 1 TD.

Yeah, Mahomes is the #8 QB and Hurts is #2

🤡🌏

Archived